3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 34% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• davequ's Profile Photo

My fave

I stay here all the time, imho one of the best (though NOT the most expensive) full service hotels in Arlington.

Always a good place to stay, full service, excellent location.
    Ask for a "high-floor, corner" room facing the Ballpark (south - the front/Lamar Blvd. side).

Only about 10 minutes drive from Dallas (DFW) airport

Unique Quality: The pool really comes in handy on hot Texas nights, they have a free shuttle to the ballpark, a concierge and lots of other percs.

If world-class amusement / ride parks are your thing, Six flags is effectively right across the street. If nothing else it is pretty to look at @ night from a high-floor hotel room window.

Directions: 360 South and Lamar. Just a few miles south of DFW airport, across, just north of Six Flags and the Ballpark at Arlington.

More about Hilton Arlington

The Absolute Worst

by TripAdvisor Member tomvalentino2005

Unbelievable.

Booked through Travelocity. Got to hotel. Hotel just about all under construction. Went to manager at front desk, asked for at least a room change to something with no noise - Answer - "No." There are no rooms with "no noise." Asked to switch to another Hilton in Dallas Fort Worth area. Answer - "No." Asked them to contact another hotel in area. Answer - "No." Asked for refund of reservation through Travelocity - answer - "No, - Go call Travelocity yourself." After two hours with call center for Travelocity in India, they told the hotel to let us "go" and they (Travelocity) gave us the credit and took back the res from HIlton and we booked personally at Wyndham Arlington 1/2 mile down the road.

They (the HIlton staff) seemed not to care less, and worse, knew the problem (they had an advisory sheet at the Front Desk which told you about the construction as some sort of "caveat", but basically only a "tough luck - too bad for you" notice. The young "on duty" manager just shrugged his shoulders and kept saying "no". Great hotels are not run by continually saying "No" to guests.

I thought maybe I should have dropped "Paris Hilton's name, but figured that wouldn't work either. Never again here!

Hilton OSHA exempt?

by TripAdvisor Member rserban618

As written to the "go-to" person listed on Hilton's website:

Dear Michelle,

I am extremely disappointed and hopeful that you don't get many complaints as sensitive as this.

I stayed at the Arlington, TX Hilton during a business trip on Monday night, April 30. The short of it is that on the following Wednesday I had what looked like spider bites on my arms, neck and wrists. After several days of itching and persistence, I went to the doctor today, May 7th. He asked me if I had traveled and when. I told him that I was sent to Texas a week ago where I stayed at a relatively clean and nice Hilton, and he confirmed that my ailment was likely a form of scabies caused by microscopic mites, often found in hotel beds and on hotel linens that have not been properly sanitized or cleaned; they do not live on linens or elsewhere past 24 hours, so there is no question in my mind that the room was not cleaned, clean as it appeared. Scabies is an affliction that manifests in a few days and progresses before it gets any better. It's extremely uncomfortable, as in poison ivy or sumac, and resembles welt-sized, inflamed mosquito bites. It's also commonly thought of by people as an std, thus making it embarrassing, on top of all else. Even more unfortunate for the Hilton's reputation with me is the fact that I am compulsively neat, stay germ free in my daily life, and have a terrible allergy to some bug bites, including standard mosquito and spider bites, thus magnifying my problem with this hotel.

I've lost one day of work and an entire weekend because of this extremely persistent, uncomfortable, and unsightly rash, and I don't want to have to post a negative review of the Hilton in Arlington online or elsewhere (although I really don't feel right about letting this go unnoticed). Sadly, aside from the infestation, the place would have been quite alright. Nice, even.

However, I assure you I will not be visiting again, nor will friends, family, or coworkers. I don't plan or wish to slander the accommodations; folks will certainly make up their own minds once they see for themselves the damage and discomfort. And I am not writing in hopes of receiving free hotel stays, vouchers, goodies of any kind, or an affirmation of the hotel's cleanliness policies, as I work in a health facility, am in the HR field and am aware of federal OSHA guidelines, in which I don't think the staff at this particular location are versed...unless hotels are suddenly exempt from health regulations?

I write this so that you might enforce a stricter hygiene policy. If it helps you to know my room number in order to do that, it's 422, though I suggest all linens and towels and mattresses be inspected, not just the guilty ones.

It's Not Worth It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Tawana417

All I would like to say is that, when I had made my resevations with this hotel I thought that I was going to have the stay of my life. I had never stayed in a hotel that is over $100 per night and instead of you room being supplied with a refrigerator and microwave it had to be requested. Coming from a long flight and going to a resturant until check in, I was so upset that the uneaten food that we had brought back to the room had to go bad. When we requested for a microwave they didn't have one for the customers, but as for the refrigerator, the housekeeper bought the tiny fridge to the room and pushed it in. Where is the customer service and satisfaction. You will not get any sleep after 9am because of the construction and after you had paid the room charge, if you get thirsty in the room they have water for sale for $3 (12oz) and $5 (24oz) and you could find the same water at the gas station 2 for a $1. All of the room furniture was old and the closet was off track, the room just was plain and not worth the price. I wonder do the Hilton's read all of their reviews, because something is not right with this hotel. Just make your resevervation for somewhere else. This is a great website so make sure that before you make a selection, read!!!!!!!!!

Great hotel close to baseball and amusement parks!

by TripAdvisor Member chakrachick

This is a great hotel for both location and accommodations. My family of 4 stayed here over Memorial weekend to enjoy baseball and the amusement parks. The front desk staff, shuttle drivers, and waiters in the restaurant were all very friendly and accommodating. My room wasn't ready when I arrived and the front desk clerk gave me coupons for a free breakfast. The rooms were large and the beds were extremely comfortable. Free shuttle to ballpark and amusement parks. Great buffet breakfast at a good price. Very clean indoor/outdoor pool with indoor hot tub - this came in very handy during a very rainy weekend. Good steakhouse across the street (Saltgrass). Highly recommend!

Good hotel, needs help with tracking reservations

by TripAdvisor Member Lorraine777

Several members of my extended family stayed at this hotel over a five-day period. First of all, I felt that it was a very good value for the price that I received through the hotel's web site. The room was large and clean, the bathroom had a granite counter top, and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful, and a kiosk in the lobby allows one to check-in quickly as well as print airline boarding passes. However, several members of my family had problems with check-in and check-out -- there were at least six parties with two last names. My sister's room, which she had paid in advance, was given away for the first night. She had to stay elsewhere. A cousin was incorrectly checked-out of her room one day early, although her possessions were still in the room. And another sister received a check-out slip in her room the morning of my check-out, although she was staying another day. (We have the same last name, but our first names don't even begin with the same letter.) Also, some paid $30 or more than me for the same night for the same type of room. If you plan to stay at this hotel, check the hilton web site for the lowest fare -- the front desk won't necessarily give you the best rate.

VIP Service??

by TripAdvisor Member golfwesty

I travel frequently on business. I am a Hilton "Gold VIP". I booked a Junior Suite on Hilton's website. After checking in I went to my room and noticed it was not a Suite. I went back to check in---luckily I also had a copy of my Internet booking. They then transferred me to a Suite

In my key jacket was a statement saying that as a Hilton Gold VIP I would be "upgraded to the best available room." Even though I had booked a Suite, when I originally checked in I should have been upgraded anyway since the suite was "available." I question whether Hilton voluntarily upgrades--it seems you have to ask.

This was my first stay at this property. Normally I have a rental car but did not on this trip so I booked this hotel since they advertised a shuttle to DFW. Unfortunately, this shuttle doesn't begin service until 7:00 a.m. and I had a 7:15 flight. Most airport hotel shuttles begin alot earlier than 7:00 a.m. I had no choice but to get a cab at my own expense for $35.

The hotel itself was decent--nothing special but very adequate.

BAD EXPERIENCE

by TripAdvisor Member TXRob

Booked a non-smoking room. Got into room and the smell of cigarette smoke was clearly present (the whole property looked to be non-smoking so perhaps it had been a past smoking room). I called the front desk to see if we could move and the clerk told me that was not possible (I knew this was incorrect as just minutes before I had heard a clerk asking a guest which room of several he had wanted). So, I went down to the fron desk and got moved to a different room.

So many problems and difficulties with the shuttle service to Six Flags and the ballpark to list. However, if you are staying there when one of the visiting baseball teams is staying there as well, you might as well forget about getting anyone to shuttle you anywhere because you are not one of the big-tipping ballplayers.

Finally, the club in the hotel gets wild and crazy on Friday and Saturday nights. Was awakened on a couple of occassions by the Arlington police arresting club patrons for what appeared to be DWI and possible possession of little baggies of white stuff.....hmmmm.

Bottom line is run away from this hotel. There are better in the area.

LOVED the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member beth059

I stayed at the Hilton for three nights while visiting the Dallas area on business. I found the hotel very easily accessible and close to many restaurants and a large mall. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was outstanding. We asked the front desk staff a lot of questions to find out the best places to visit while we were in town. They were very patient and helpful. The work out room was small but very accessible with a television. The pool was nice but it was a little cold to swim. This hotel is located about 30 minutes outside of Dallas, down the road from the baseball fields and across the street from Six Flags.

No complaints here.

by TripAdvisor Member Bellarina126

I stayed at the Hilton Arlington at Christmastime, when some of our family refused to stay at a hotel and insisted on taking over my room at home. The rooms were quite large and spacious, and the beds were very, very comfortable. The staff was friendly enough, and the parking was free. This hotel is close to the Ballpark, Arlington Convention Center, Six Flags, and Hurricane Harbour, if you're coming for the attractions. The area surrounding the hotel is a bit dicey late at night, but it's perfectly fine during the day.

Comments