Sheraton Arlington Hotel

1500 Convention Center Drive, (formerly "Wyndham Arlington"), Arlington, Texas, 76011, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Sheraton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Sheraton Arlington Hotel

A bit dated, but a nice place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member tinabinab

We booked our room on a name your own priceline deal and were very pleased with it. We stayed the night of Feb 10th. The Wyndham is a bit older hotel, so some of it seemed dated - esp the elevator area, but overall it was a very nice place.

The king room was large and had a very spacious desk area for working if that is what your trip is for. The bedding was comfortable and and furnishings were quite nice. The restroom was small, but very well maintained.

There are a ton of restaurants within a mile or two - the hotel is somewhat awkwardly located and though you could walk to any number of restaurants, I would recommend driving or cathing the hotels shuttle. Being located next to the Ballpark, Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, etc makes this an ideal location for many types of trips.

Within the hotel you also have a gift shop and a mini-Starbucks and Pizza Hut. There was also a sports bar and a family restaurant. We didn't patronize any of these places, but they were open and available.

I would definitely stay here again!

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HighFlyerNJ

I just got back from a business trip to Dallas. The Wyndham DFW south Hotel is a great place to stay for the price. It is located directly across the street from the Six Flags, and it is within walking distance to several restaurants, i.e. Mexican, Barbecue, Joe's Crab Shack. The hotel location is also directly between Dallas and Ft. Worth, so it makes it easy to get into either city.

The carpets in the hallways were a little tired, but the room was good and the lobby was very nice. The bar area was a little old, but its better to go out to the local restaurants anyway.

I joined the Wyndham ByRequest program and had a complimentary bottle of wine and M&M's waiting for me in the room. If you travel frequently for business I recommend joining the program.

Impeccable Wyndham

by TripAdvisor Member dazie

I recently stayed at the Wyndham Arlington while attending a business conference. My room was impeccably clean, what a nice surprise! The bed was dressed with down pillows and was very comfortable. Also, the decor was very pleasant. My room was done in tasteful neutrals, not the usual garish colors one finds in many hotels. Although there are restaurants on site, I chose to order from room service. I had grilled salmon that was perfectly done, and very good Tiramisu. The staff at the Wyndham was very soliticitous, and were able to meet all my needs. Everyone from John (who took my room service order and called twice to see how things were), to the desk clerk who printed my boarding pass for the flight home, to the very personable shuttle driver who took us to the airport went out of their way to be Texas friendly and welcoming. I'd definitely stay at this property again!

As expected from a Wyndham

by TripAdvisor Member xplayer

Wyndham Arlington - DFW Airport South
1500 Convention Center Drive
Arlington, Texas, 76011
Phone: 1-817-261-8200

Located in Arlington Texas. In between Fort Worth and downtown Dallas. (30 minutes to each city depending on traffic)

Check-In: The process was painless. No problems. Hotel staffed with many college aged staff. Some knew answers to my questions and some had to search around.

Check-Out: There were several people behind the counter. They all seem to be staff in training. Took a while to check out as they had to apply credits to my account.

Valet/Free Parking: Onsite and is $5.00 per day or you can park it yourself.

Room - The room was nice and clean. King size bed and nice L shape desk to work from. The desk is completed with an ergonomic chair and high-speed wired Internet. Keep in mind that during the busy time Internet access is very slow. The TV was a little small.
Bathroom - The bathroom has a hairdryer and has a night light build into it. This is great at night when you need to find your way around. The coffee machine is located inside the bathroom. Full size bathtub with a rubber mat that can be put on the bottom of the tub. Toilet is quiet when flushing. Only issue is that they did not use the pipe cover plates which leads to exposed pipes. If they had cover the exposed pipes with some inexpensive pipe cover plates. It would have made the bathroom looked more finished and cover all the cracks in the bathroom. Overall, the housecleaning crew did a great job in keeping my room clean during my five days at the hotel.

Gym - 6 am to 10 pm (400 sq feet). Located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Basic cardio-vascular machines and free weights. Towels/water in room.

Pool - Not opened until May

Local Newspaper - Star Telegram

Dinning:

My rating system for the restaurants I visited.

***** - My mother wants to go with me
**** - My mother will not forgive me if I don't go
*** - Will not died if I didn't try it.
** - Last resort
* - Skip it. You are throwing your money away

$$$$$ - Extremely expensive
$$$$ - On the high side
$$$ - Reasonable
$$ - Inexpensive
$ - Almost Free

- Terrace Bistro (on property). Not open on Sunday. Had only the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet includes make to order egg stations, pre-made scramble eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, French toast, fruit salad station, & cereal stations.
Overall Food/Price ***/$$$

- X-tra Innings Sports Bar (on property). Had dinner on the first night. The Tony Dorset Cheese Steak sandwich and chicken wings were both good.
Overall Food/Price ***/$$$

- Pizza Hut/Starbucks (on property). Serves Pizza Hut pizza and also Starbucks coffee. The place is actually the hotel's general store. Where you can get soda, fruit, potatoes chips and others.

If the onsite places does not meet your palette. Check out the other restaurants near by. They are all located on one strip on East Lamar Blvd. When you exit out of the hotel's driveway. Make a right on Convention Center Drive. Make a left onto Ballpark Way. Keep going as you will go over Route 30. Make a right on East Lamar Blvd. There is a Valero gas station on your right hand side. Drive a few blocks and you will come upon the restaurants. They are listed in the order as you approach this strip.

Salt Grass - Steak house (See my review)
2200 East Lamar Blvd.

Iron Cactus
1520 Main Street Dallas, TX 75201
214-749-4766
Overall Food/Price ****/$$$
This location is in downtown Dallas. About thirty minutes from the hotel. The Yucatan Fish Tacos are Excellent!

Mariscos 2000 - Mexican Seafood
2460 Walnut Hill Dallas, Texas 75220. On Route 35E Walnut Hill Road Exit (438)
214-351-1634
Overall Food/Price ***/$$$
This location is north of Dallas. It is about forty minutes from the hotel. The beef fajitas were good. Be prepare to brush up on your Spanish as English is not spoken to much and the menu/website is all Spanish.

Things to Do:

NOKIA Theatre Grand Prairie
1001 Performance Place
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
[--]

The Palace of Wax and Ripley's Believe It or Not!
601 East Palace Parkway

Direction to hotel from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport

DFW - Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Distance : 9 miles

Directions
Exit airport south to Hwy. 360 South. Continue to Lamar exit. Go West on Lamar to Ballpark Way. Go South on Ballpark Way, cross over Hwy.30, take first rt. turn to property parking lot.

Way Over-Priced!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yankeerosedj

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com for April 30-May 2, 2007. The price was $128 but $200 on other sites. The sign on the back of the door stated that it was a $200 and up a night room, but the sign was dated Jan. 1999. It might have been worth that much-8 YEARS AGO!! There was no fridge, and the bathroom ceiling tiles were out of place. The faucets leaked-good thing we couldn't hear them. The rooms just need to be updated. There were not many channels on the television. Service there was not great. We called about a clogged toilet and, 30 mins to 1 hour later, had to call AGAIN. We stopped by the front desk to request more toilet paper-were told it would be right up. By morning, there was still NO PAPER-good thing we had JUST enough to last!! The lobby area was very nice. The gift shop was WONDERFUL! The really GOOD thing I can say about this hotel is that it is in a GREAT LOCATION. We walked to the ballpark to see the Yankees and Rangers. Overall, the trip was okay, but I have definitely stayed in BETTER for much, much LESS!!! I will definitely stay somewhere else for less and just drive over to the ballpark next time!!!

Ok

by TripAdvisor Member cmego

I booked this hotel on Wed., May 9 for Thursday, May 10 - May 13. Last minute Mothers Day present from my husband. The hotel is nicely located about 15 minutes from DFW. Lobby nice, check in nice , room is ok, could use updating. Bathroom is very small, apartment size. Pool needs some up keep missing stones around the entrance of the pool, but nice size.... This hotel was ok, we ordered room service one night, waiting an hour for delivery (ok I guess I was hungry),, If you looking for a place to stay that is clean, this is ok, if you want more ammenties go somewhere else.

Overall a good experience

by TripAdvisor Member OKBound

My husband and I combined a belated-anniversary trip with our attendance at a homeschool conference and bookfair next door in the convention center.

Check in process was quick; however, we should have requested a different room when I found out our room was right next to the elevators...details later in review.

We were splurging and getting an upgraded room with plenty of room with a wet bar, refrigerator and even had nice bathrobes. The room was clean, but it did show it's age a bit cosmetically.

Instead of going out to eat, we decided to do room service for dinner and for breakfast. It did take about an hour to get our dinner. When we ordered, we weren't starving yet so that helped.
I had the Chicken Fried Steak (gravy on the side) with French Fries and Broccoli while my husband had the New York Strip with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli. The French Fries had been left off, so the guy went down immediately to get them and SweetnLow for our iced tea. They even called to see that everything was as ordered. Everything tasted great and the portions were just right. Breakfast arrived promptly and everything was done perfectly, including adding cheddar cheese to our scrambled eggs. Their room service exceeded our expectations--would compare their service and taste to the 4 Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton.

Ok....here is the negative. My husband and I are just not the party animals we used to be, and with all the walking and standing we had done during the conference on Friday and would be doing on Saturday, we turned in around 1000pm. Almost as soon as we turned out the lights, loud music started playing. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from but it sounded like it was outside and live music at that. It took me well over an hour to get to sleep. Of course, my husband had no problem getting to sleep (takes about 5 mins). :-)

Then, given our location next to the elevators, I was woken up very early by people talking, laughing and shouting while waiting for the elevators. I just can not function if I get less than 6 hours sleep.

During our checkout, I first inquired where the live music was coming from. Apparently, someone had booked an outdoor party from 1000pm-1200mid. I explained that I had a difficult time getting to sleep and then was woken up early by the noise from the elevator waiting area. I would have preferred to just have had a standard room far from the elevator and at least been able to sleep in. Celina, the front desk clerk assisting our checkout, asked what she could do for me to be satisfied, and I honestly didn't know exactly what to suggest. Then she said she would cut our room rate in 1/2! That actually covered our dinner from room service. Plus, I didn't know that my husband has membership in the rewards program (my husband forgot also) and she entered our information and we were able to earn rewards for our stay. Celina was very gracious and anxious to see that we were satisfied and I like that Wyndham gives their front desk clerks authority to address customer service issues on the spot without needed to get the "manager on duty" involved.

As I said, overall, we were satisfied with our stay and would stay again, just not in the upgraded room. Plus I'll be sure to bring earplugs next time. :-)

Loved the way it looked...

by TripAdvisor Member tipTexas

My husband and I stayed overnight in one of the upper floors of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helped us plan some sightseeing for the following day. The room had a lovely view and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint was that the rooms were really stuffy and the A/C was very loud, but did help clear the air. The bathroom ceiling was very low and did not have any kind of fan which probably contributed to the stuffiness problem. I wasn't unhappy with the hotel, but would not stay there again. I think you can get more for the money elsewhere.

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member JKPDenver

After traveling for 12 hours we arrived to the hotel to check in. The time was 5:30 p.m. We had a confirmed reservation. We were informed that no rooms were available and that we would have to wait for at least one half an hour. The hotel's check in is from 4-6 p.m. meaning that sometime during those hours your room will hopefully be available. We were not the only people waiting for a room. The lobby was overflowing with irate guests. Once in the room, we felt that it was totally overpriced for the accommodation. For example, once the hot water arrived for the shower, one stood in bath water 2 inches deep, due to poor plumbing. We will not waste our money on this hotel again!

Wyndham soon to change... and major renovation....

by TripAdvisor Member TravelHappySews

Wyndham in Arlington is going to be a Sherator SOON...big sign in the lobby. While I was there (June 11-17, 2007) their was definate activity, and planning for renovations. Not sure the extent, as it was mostly decorators, etc, walking around, taking notes. Not sure of the date of the switch to Sheraton... but there was a sign in the lobby!

Check in was great, easy and quick. I received an upgrade to a suite -- refigerator but no microwave. The room was fine... though it smelled like it had been a smoking room and when it was changed to non-smoking all they did was put up a sign. The furnature was worn. The sofa and the chair were well worn with tears. No room service menu, and actually nothing in the notebook.. just the notebook where all the hotel info should have been. When I asked for a room service menu they brought me a photocopy of the paper they use to take orders. No prices... or descriptions but I made due.

Water pressure and bathroom were fine.

Bed was fine.

AC worked great (which is imporatant to me), but when the fan came on it was very loud.

I stayed here because it was close (within walking) to the convention center. I'd stay here again for a convention but would not book it if I had another choice. It was pricy for the 2 star room (2 stars in my opinion).

Comments