Wingate Inn Arlington

1024 Brookhollow Plaza Drive, Arlington, Texas, 76006, United States

Wingate by Wyndham Arlington
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Arlington

Duck a l'DaveDuck a l'Dave

Travel Tips for Arlington

Cold Beer and Irish Nachos

by agmoose02 about J. Gilligan's Bar & Grill

Though this place might look a little seedy from outside, the food and atmosphere are great. Stop off and have a cold beer and some Irish nachos (sliced, fried potatoes covered with nacho toppings), a burger or whatever else you might want. This is a popular place with students at UT-Arlington.

North Dallas - A place to skip

by zuhur

"North Dallas"

My one and only trip to Dallas, so perhaps I should not judge, but maybe this is a warning to others.
I visited the University of North Texas at Dallas. They were hastily recruiting 60 faculty members!
I interviewed for a position as a chair. The visit did not involve any view of the city, information about living there - but there is a new campus with all of two buildings so far

My impression was of a HUGE city! It took an hour to get from the airport and back. Suspect my hotel was not in such a great area, but since you can't walk anywhere - who knows?

"Why Even Invite Me?"

My interview was really strange. I was asked to speak on "student success" not my research, but I talked about my research as otherwise why should they hire me? The Dean then suggested that oh maybe I had never really earned a PHD. I guess that was a sign.

After I left, he wanted proof of the various university appointments I held at my rank and proof of tenure. This all involved lots of gathering of hard to find docs. But then I never received my Dear John letter - we hired someone else - no letter at all

The hotel was eminently forgettable - and next to a Cracker Barrel. We have a Cracker Barrel in Carlisle too. Being Texas there was catfish on the menu.

"Dallas?"

So, I went and interviewed, but saw nothing. Can't tell you why anyone would want to live in Dallas.
Don't stay in any kind of out of the way neighborhood, like North Dallas and do rent a car so you can go figure out this city - and try to stay cool in July - it's really HOT!

Comments