809 West Martin Luther King Blvd., Austin, Texas, 78701, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Austin

WOW!!WOW!!

FrontFront

greek salad, anyone?greek salad, anyone?

Cannon in front of the Texas State CapitolCannon in front of the Texas State Capitol

What is your favorite restaurant in Austin?

by ATXtraveler

I am a little disappointed that the Austin forum has not had a post in a while, so I will start it off with a poll... what restaurant... any type of food do you consider the best in Austin?

by Jenzhen

Kirby Lane-best pancakes and mimosas!
There is also a little Taco stand somewhere that I ran across and its awesome too.

by butterfly_girl

I agree the Austin forum has been really slow!

I have more than one restaurant on my list, so I will give a few of my favorites:

One of my favorite restaurants in town is the Clay Pit for their Indian lunch buffet. It is soooooo good and the atmosphere is great too.

For Mexican I would pick El Arroyo, although I really like the food at Chuy's too, but the wait is too long.

If you are into the healthy food, Casa de Luz is a must. A very cool restaurant.

For Vietnemase food, Mekong River on 6th street is really good

Kerbey Lane is always a good choice too for yummy Migas!

by kd_baby

As far as Thai food goes, Thai Kitchen in S. Austin is great.

by exSlacker

The best meal I've had in Austin was at Wink. It wasn't cheap, but they delivered in a big way. For less expensive fare, I enjoy South Congress Cafe and East Side Cafe. Thai Kitchen (mentioned above) is our normal choice for Thai. I'm also a very big fan of Clay Pit.

Travel Tips for Austin

Everyone Welcomed

by msbrandysue

Austin is probably the most eclectic and accepting city in Texas. Yes, I've heard all about what people think of us Texans: from racist to hick, from bigger to hotter, the list goes on. However, it doesn't matter when in Austin. It really is neat and I love that everyone can be themselves without being seen in a negative light. If you look like a tourist...that's fine! No one is going to be less friendly. It's just a great atmosphere!

Gotta Get Out of This Heat!!

by Jmill42

As the temperature can easily reach a 100 degrees in the summer, everyone needs to cool off. Barton Springs is the place to do it. With a year-round, constant 68 degree temperature, it is a great place to swim.

The springs have a long history. The Native Americans believed it held healing properties and dubbed them the "Sacred Springs." A guy named Barton claimed the area in the 1800's, and the springs are named after him. This place became part of the city's Zilker park in 1917. Swim wear

Entrance costs $2.75 for adults and $0.50 for kids.

Fredericksburg is a cute town...

by Goulu

Fredericksburg is a cute town where the influence of the german immigrants can still be seen and heard : 'BierGarten', 'Marktgasse' and even 'Achzenten Road'. Many people skeak german, which is rare inthe US...

Waitresses

by itsme06 about Fox and Hound

It was ok, just very low key, but one of the waitresses there is annoying. She flirts sooooo much to try & get a tip from all the guys, which to me was annoying since she was doing it with my husband as I sat right there. He wasn't paying any attention however, but she just ignored me & would go on with him & his friends. When I paid I didn't leave a tip since she was so rude & we only spent 4 dollars, I just checked my bank account & she gave herself a 3 dollar tip!!!!! I marked out the tip & everything on the bill & somehow she still got her tip! I am sooo annoyed, I will never go back there again! doesn't matter

Play Pool, Enjoy Downtown

by ATXtraveler about 6th Street - Buffalo Billiards

Originally opened by the Ziller family and named the Missouri house in 1861, this property was rumored to be a brothel, and really was quite popular with the Wild West crowd.

Nowadays, you can still end up with a woman, but it will probably only cost you a couple drinks, not anything like a brothel :)

There is some bar food available, plenty of pool tables and lots of alcohol. Dress like it is a pool hall.

Comments