Brava House B And B

1108 Blanco Street, (Formerly Southard House), Austin, Texas, 78703, United States

• Austin's worst!

I go to Austin every year and I've never experienced anywhere as rubbish and such a rip off joint before.
    By far the worst 'hotel/ b&b I've ever had to enUcounter!

Rude, obnoxious owner, and just watch your final cheque amount. Very dodgy business practice!
    AVO

Unique Quality: Terrible!

Directions: O

More about Brava House B And B

No lace and doilies here...

Loved this B&B!! Unlike many you will find around the country, this B&B didn't have a single doilie or grandma-ish quilt. The ambiance was very deco -- even the names of the rooms are great! Unassuming and tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, we drove right by it the first time. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. My husband and I stayed in the Van Gogh then moved to the Garbo when we decided to stay another night. The room came complete with a DVD and VCR player, and a small kitchenette with a microwave and a fridge. We stayed in one evening during a bad rain storm and were able to rent a few movies, enjoy a snack and a nice bottle of wine. If only the weather had been cooler, we would have lit a fire in the fireplace! Our host left us to ourselves and stayed behind the scenes, but was always available if needed. The homemade breakfast was fresh and delicious. Having stayed at some very nice hotels around the world, this ranks right up there as one of our favorite and unique hotel stays. And the price is right!!! My husband and I are from Texas, and the city of Austin is no stranger to us, but the Brava house was a nice surprise! We highly recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

Brava House Comfort

Very comfortable, large rooms. Not frilly like most B&Bs. Satisfying breakfast and owner is always available and accommodating. Pleasant surroundings, great for strolls with restaurants and drugstore within walking distance. Next time we are in Austin, we will go back.

Best Little B&B in Texas

This B&B is awesome. This was my second stay at Brava House. The first time was for business and I stayed in the Fitzgerald Suite. It was perfect. Quite, comfortable and relaxing. Beats all the business hotels I'm used to.

Our second stay was for pleasure. We stayed in the Monroe Suite. What a gem. Spacious and cozy at the same time. We had an excellent stay. Robin (owner) shared all the best places to go, see and experience. We enjoyed every place she recommended. The breakfasts were excellent. Great home cooking. If it's location, tranquility, hospitality, and comfort you're looking for, this is the place to go.

Thank you Robin for an excellent experience. We will be back.

Liz in Phoenix.

Bravo for Brava House

Brava House is a dream Bed & Breakfast.

Ambiance abounds...I had a fabulous stay at Brava House...it is a must when visiting Austin. The rooms at Brava House are beautifully decorated, it is truely serene. The breakfasts are fabulous and the location is perfect. Brava sits in a gorgeous quite neighborhood and is close to all the fun Austin has to offer.

I absolutlely recommend staying at Brava House, it will be my destination for all future trips to Austin.

Gracias a La Casa Brava!

My Chilean relatives came to Austin for my wedding, and stayed three weeks! Thank God for Brava House. They got to stay in a suite with a kitchen that really felt like a home, and in an area that was close to downtown, with shops and restaurants a short walk away, and a bus route a few steps away. It was a terrific experience for everyone, especially since I knew they were comfortable and cared for. I would recommend Brava House to anyone who is considering a long stay in Austin. Why stay at a cold and generic hotel when you can stay at a lovely bed and breakfast with your own kitchen, a garden to sit in, and feel like you're in a home? Brava House rules, plain and simple.

pretty darn good

A very nice refuge from city bustle. My room (Van Gogh) was comfy without being overly fussy. Robin (the owner/manager) is down home and extremely helpful. Only negatives are a very weak shower, and fairly ghastly breakfast fare.

Can't wait to go back

This was our first time to stay at any bed & breakfast. Room was super comfortable and cozy and we felt at home immediately! Robin was very friendly and always available but never intrusive. We'll definitely be going back before this year's over.

Keep This One On Your List

by TripAdvisor Member PurpleTraveler

Our recent stay at Brava House was a pleasant surprise. We were in the Van Gogh suite which was very comfortable, large room with decor that was nice without being overly fussy. Breadfast served on the weekend was fantastic, lots of variety and everything made fresh. Weekdays aren't quite as spectacular but still average compared to other B&B's. The only complaint I have is the water pressure in the shower was lackluster. Robin was helpful with information and directions to area resturaunts and things to do, don't miss the Eastside Cafe for dinner. We will definately stay at Brave House on our next Austin visit.

Outstanding!

We stayed in the Garbo suite which was very romantic, especially with the two fireplaces and the claw foot tub!

The house was quiet and the caretakers responded immediately to our requests. I highly recommend Brava House and will most certainly stay there again!

Pseudo-bed and breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member Marg2006

People should know that this bed and breakfast is actually more like a room with pre-prepared breakfast. The proprietor lives off-site and leaves a breakfast in your room. The breakfast is not very good. There is an expectation of real milk or cream in coffee or tea rather than edible oil coffee creamer. There is no common area in the place. I felt that the proprietor was trying to get away with providing the least possible service while charging for a full service establishment.

Comments