Clarion Inn And Suites Conference Center

BEST WESTERN PLUS Austin City Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Austin

PEOPLE ACROSS THE STREET VIEWING THE BUILDINGPEOPLE ACROSS THE STREET VIEWING THE BUILDING

North Flatts-HowsenNorth Flatts-Howsen

Front of the restaurant.Front of the restaurant.

Mosaic of the UT Tower at the UT ClubMosaic of the UT Tower at the UT Club

My family needs a hotel for hurricane Ike..

by Mindy_J

We live right on the texas coast in Palacios, tx.. all hotels are full, except for 200+ a night.. can anyone help us with a good mom & pop place that allows a large dog???

by mccalpin

I don't know of any personally, but I have found the following:
1. http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Texas/AUSTIN/index.html
2. http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Texas/FREDERICKSBURG/index.html (Fredericksburg is about 70 miles due west of Austin, nice LITTLE burg, with a great WWII museum dedicated to the War in the Pacific because Admiral Nimitz was born there).
3. http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Texas/COLLEGE_STATION/index.html (College Station is about the same distance east of Austin, but a little longer drive. It's the home to Texas A&M, the source of all veterinarians in Texas ;-) ).

Anyway, I am thinking that you'll do better outside the major cities, so use this website to look at the nearby towns and see if something pops up for you...good luck! And excuse me if you have already been through this website...up in the Dallas area, we are expecting to reopen shelters (which I assume you don't want to stay in), but I am sure that all the hotels in all the suburbs are opening as many rooms as they can...

Bill

by kj9191

Mindy,
Did you find a place to go to?
I live just north of Austin, in Georgetown.
I had offered my house to friends from Blessing, but they are going to stay in El Campo. Do you still need a place to stay?
Kelly

by butterfly_girl

Go to this link. It's the TX convention & Visitors bureau emergency information system and it will give you status of rooms in Texas and whether they are pet friendly. There should be some options for you on this site

Take care of yourself. Wishing you well.

by Mindy_J

Thanks everyone... We ended up having to drive almost clear to Texarkana to find a room! We're all okay and plan to come back tomorrow if they lift the ban in time!!!

by patmetz

Hi,
Me and my wife can offer our spare room in our place.
We live in DFW on the south side of the airpor.
We have an extra room if you need a place to get staged to get back home.
We have everything you need fully funished place, internet, computers and everything a hotel does not offer.
Quit spending all of the money and come stay for as long as you need.
A huge supporter of Texans helping Texans to show neighbors should help each other.
Of course this would be free and nothing expected in return.
Patrick

Travel Tips for Austin

Leslie

by klasher

Leslie is Austin's homeless, cross-dressing Icon. Leslie can be found on 6th Street in front of One American Center, usually sporting a thong and tierra. Leslie recently ran for Mayor and got 2nd place.

North Austin vs. South Austin

by kd_baby

As with most Texas cities, some of the locals will claim their geographic area of the city is better. For Austin, it's all about North vs. South. This particular division is somewhat odd considering Austin is traditionally divided by East vs. West due to they way I-35 travels through the city.

Anyway, for the record, I claim South Austin. You North Austin folks can have it b/c "Southwest is Best" ;-)

City Park during the week

by klasher

If you like having a beautiful park all to yourself-City Park during the week is for you. Park yourself under a huge shade tree and watch the ski boats go back and forth. The lake is freezing and has a gradual sandy drop off, perfect for water frisbee. Take Mopac to 2222 and go West. Cross under the 360 bridge and take your 1st left on City Park Road. Take this road for about 5 miles and you will dead end into the park.

Lamar Street

by kd_baby

This is a very nice and quiet street to cruise after midnight or early during an early weekend drive. Also, it only take about 5-7 minutes get from downtown (Lamar & 6th) to South Austin (Lamar & Hwy. 71).

Bars and more bars

by StrayKat about Foundations

New bar that opened on 5th street. Some people have misconceptions about The Warehouse District, but you will find many nice bars and great food located here.
Foundations is one of the newer places to open this year. If you want to "see and be seen" this is the place. Nice and chic is the key word.

Comments