Extended StayAmerica Austin-Round Rock-South

Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - South
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Ext. Stay America

Satisfaction Average

More about Austin

A broken spoke in the collections roomA broken spoke in the collections room

The Capitol Building, Austin, TexasThe Capitol Building, Austin, Texas

Bone Daddy'sBone Daddy's

Zilker Kite FestivalZilker Kite Festival

Pflugerville or Round Rock, or Jacksonville

by arlenebuster

I am probably moving to Jacksonville, but I've also seen that Austin Texas is a great place to live also. I know that Austin has higher taxes and higher priced houses, so I'm looking at Pflugerville or Round Rock. What are these places like,maybe even in comparison to Jacksonville? How is the education for kids, crime, fun things to do, travel distance to downtown, ect? I am coming from New Jersey and I want to make sure we are making the best decision. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RE: Pflugerville or Round Rock, or Jacksonville

by Wingshot

I've never been to Jacksonville, but I lived in Pflugerville for a while.

One word for you: Suburbia. Miles and miles of tract homes & strip malls on what used to be farmland. It's 20 minutes on the interstate bare minimum to downtown Austin, could be an hour in traffic. There's a nice small downtown area, but it's not much. They are turning many of the roads that lead to Pflugervill/Round Rock into toll roads. Not much in the way of entertainment aside from a couple of decent golf courses, and a Tinseltown movie theater. The Round Rock Express are fun to see if you like baseball, but I'm not much of a fan.

On a positive note, crime is low & schools are pretty good.

I got the heck outta there & moved back to South Austin.

If you want lower taxes, I'd suggest Kyle or Buda. Good schools, lower taxes, and it's a shorter drive to Austin. I just hate Pflugerville.

Travel Tips for Austin

Texas Cowboy Monument

by Stephen-KarenConn

I personally liked this Texas Cowboy Monument, a tribute to the "rough and romantic riders of the range." Maybe that's because I tend to be a little rough, romantic and rangey myself. GRIN!

The bronze statue was presented to the State of Texas by Constance Whitney, the notable American sculptor. It represents the artist's portrayal of a typical Texas cowboy riding a rearing horse. Texas is known as the "native home of the cowboy." The monument was unveiled by Governor Pat M. Neff on January 17, 1925.

Packing List

by bottleofdoom

You should be prepared for unexpected bursts of rain. So waterproof jackets or coats &
something to layer underneath for that little bit of warmth. There are drug stores everywhere. Just leave extra space for all the stuff you're gonna buy so you have room to take
it home!!!

Another example of keeping Austin weird

by yelli

In Austin across from the UT campus, there is a road named Guadalupe, also known as 'the drag.' On the side of the Baja Fresh building, there is a frog which could be dismissed as graffitti but actually has a story behind it. An Austin musician named Daniel Johnston drew it on the side of the building. According to a Baja press release, "This art became popular in part because cult icon Kurt Cobain was a fan of Austin artist/musician, Daniel Johnston, and was photographed in a T-shirt bearing a reprint of this ?frog? mural. The mural and the photo of Kurt Cobain can be seen by going to Johnston?s website www.hihowareyou.com." When Baja Fresh moved in, they were going to get rid of the frog, but of course there were Austinites protesting. There were stories about it on the news and even in Rolling Stone. See the site for the whole story.

Northcross Mall

by kd_baby about Northcross Mall

This is a mall for the North Austin residents (ok, the older part of N. Austin). This mall features a ice skating rink, a huge Oshman's Superstore, and large arcade. They also have an indoor Hooter's Restaurant, but I'm personally not a fan. I go for the sporting goods. $20 -$200

my night life is six ...

by GETACHEW_TES

my night life is six steet the best places i have never seen in my intire life my best night life when i was in ethiopia was ''' TORERO''''but here in austin texas it is ''SOUTH BICH '''' THIS NIGHT CLUB IS ONLY FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN ''' AND WHEN I SEE THE WHOLE austin i remember from the bible sodom and gomera i remember that (lot )'' LOTT ''' were in austin texas IS thier any body not know about lot sodem and gomera and lott wife she becomes the salt monimunt ''peoples coming from dallas , sanantonio, husten,, from all of texas to six street it is the best of the best so i like six street just see it in ''' www.6thst.cc ''''''''' not .com but .cc you know a litel bit about austin

Comments