Habitat Suites

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 308 reviews
Booking.com Expedia.com
virtualling's Profile Photo

Hotel with a conscience - Go Green!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2008

The other places I've stayed in Austin before moving over were Brava House (a B & B), Embassy Suites and Extended Stay. I wish I had found this place earlier. I spent a night at Habitat Suites in Fall 2007. Got there at about 7pm, spent a few minutes looking for the lobby/ front desk. Check-in was easy. The lobby looks like a cozy living room with high ceilings. Next to it through the french doors is the dining area that seats maybe 50 people. It's an eco friendly hotel and smoking is not allowed. Quiet hours are after a certain time in the evening. I liked the idea of this. No kids screaming, people taking loudly, heavy footsteps. Very private, I like that.

We got a room on the ground floor and the light sleeper that I am was concerned that I'd be woken up by sounds of footsteps from the room upstairs or around, plus it was close to a staircase.
There's a garden bench just outside the suite. I didn't know what to expect. Opened the door and was surprised that it had a good size living room. What's really odd though is that the tv is on the floor level (see photo). Next, I checked the kitchenette. Ample cabinets, an oven, a coffee maker, Starbucks coffee, a full size fridge, pans and utensils.
The bedroom was spacious, glad that that the curtains are thick to block the light out. Has a 3 drawer chest cum dresser and big mirror above it. There's a TV and thankfully it wasn't on floor level. Right from the bedroom is a closet, behind the bedroom door. Small, has a suitcase valet, hangers an iron and an ironing board. Then, there's a vanity sink area which is outside the bathroom. So, the bathroom. Nothing fancy.... very basic. Has a tub and here's the thing. All the toiletries are biodegradable. Stationeries are made from recycled materials.

Breakfast was a good spread of American breakfast. The tables by the walls have a toaster. How about that, huh? I got a table which has one and I thought it was pretty nifty. The dining area overlooks the nicely landscaped gardens and pool. We were told that Happy Hour was a certain time in the afternoon. I think it was at 4pm. My oh my, they serve a wide spread of h'douvres. Savory and sweet alike. Cheeses, fruits, tortilla chips, salsa, crackers, ham, so many other kinds of finger food.

I paid about $120 a night. I highly recommend this place if you like privacy and appreciate cleanliness and think Earth Day should be everyday. It's also close to Highland Mall.

Nearby Habitat Suites

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Austin Travel Forum

Need advice about Austin, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Austin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Austin hotel reviews

La Quinta Inn Austin I-35 South Ben White
Driskill Hotel
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 12 Reviews
Crowne Plaza Austin
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hampton Inn Austin - North (I-35 & Highway 183)
Doubletree Austin North

Laid back SOCO fun
A Taste of Euro-Texas
Hot Wings and Big TVs
Restaurants
BBQ as warm and hot steel