500 E 4th St, Austin, Texas, 78701, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• hope6481's Profile Photo

Wonderful Experience

We couldn't get our usual hotel, so we booked this instead. Glad we did. It was a good back up. The rooms are comfortable, though I wish we had a better bathroom. Kinda small compared to what I'm used to. Great location, it really can't be beat. Great lobby bar, I mean absolutely wonderful. Great breakfast spot on location. This hotel is very busy being by the convention center and all but I really thought it was nice.

• klasher's Profile Photo

Location, location, location

The Hilton Downtown is your modern day hotel-no suprises here. The location is excellent, being right next to one of my favorite restaraunts Moonshine. The rooms are average, if you can swing it, get a room on the executive level. The views are spectacular!

Unique Quality: I did not use any of the amenities.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Stay downtown at the Newest Hilton

The Hilton chain has now added a new location to their arsenal. I was able to stay there during a national sales convention last year.

Hilton.com says:

Located in downtown Austin, the only hotel adjacent to the Austin Convention Center. One block from Sixth Street entertainment and walking distance from the Warehouse Entertainment District. In the downtown business district and near all attractions and points of interest in the downtown area such as the Capitol Building, University of Texas Campus, Bob Bullock Texas Historical Museum and the LBJ Presidential Library....

This is a very accurate description.

Directions: Located in Downtown Austin, next to the convention center.

More about Hilton Austin

Brand New Hilton...Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member VegasCanuck

The Hilton Austin is a fabulous property in a great location in downtown Austin. This is a new property and it is a very upscale Hilton. The top 5 floors of the building are going to be luxury condominiums. The building is so new; I don't think anyone has moved in yet.
I was given a wonderful room on the top floor of the hotel portion (26th floor - Executive level). The executive lounge on the 25th floor was fantastic with breakfast in the morning and h'ors d’oeuvres in the evening.
I had dinner at the sushi bar in the lobby one night and it was very good and not overpriced.
The room had a beautiful south view with a huge picture window. The decor of the room was very nice with some great details. The bed was fabulous and I overheard people raving about how comfortable they were.
There is a great health club on the 8th floor with steam and sauna in the men's locker room. I considered the nearby Four Seasons but based on TripAdvisor, I decided on the Hilton and I'm glad I did. Please see my attached photos.

Not a place for a small business meeting

Nice hotel with plenty of amenities. Great location (noise from 6th St sometimes carries over). However, if you try to have a small business meeting at this hotel you will probably be treated like you have a communicable disease. The group sales office gives you the impression that any meeting with less than 15 participants is not worth their time and you will get second class service. If you fit this profile, consider having your meeting at one of the other 4-5 star hotels downtown. I am anxiously awaiting the opening of a new downtown Marriott to decompress the downtown hotel congestion and the Austin Hilton's arrogance.

Excelletn Place to Stay When Playing Downtown

Location is the key here. Room was a little above average, lobby very nice. But if you want a nice place to stay just steps from the downtown action of the clubs, it is perfect. Staff was very helpful, even helped with a billing dispute in a professional manner. Only drawback...driveway can be very crowded, particularly at checkout. A minor inconvenience, not a dela breaker.

You must stay here!! You won't be disappointed!!

by TripAdvisor Member NotAMonet

I stayed here with three friends over Labor Day weekend. We all agreed that this was the best new Hilton hotel that any of us had ever stayed in. You walk through the main entrance and there's a beautiful waterfall directly in front of you. There's a hip looking bar to the right (reminding me more of a W hotel than a Hilton) that we would gather in for drinks before going out to dinner. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but it looked pretty cool too. There's a very good (by hotel standards) gym with a sauna and a steam room in the locker room. There's also an outdoor pool with a great view of the skyline. You can easily walk to all the bars and restaurants from this hotel, so it's in a great location! The rooms themselves are large and very nicely decorated. The leather couch was a nice touch. The beds were amazing, among the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I liked that the bathroom had plenty of storage space under the granite topped sink. The staff was very friendly and attractive. I never write reviews on here, but I was compelled to in this case because I liked the hotel that much. I HIGHLY suggest you stay here. It was an excellent value, considering we paid only $139 per night. I didn't go into the Four Seasons while I was in town, but I imagine the Hilton isn't that far off in terms of quality, and it's much less expensive.

Loved the Hilton

The Hilton has been the nicest place I've stayed when visiting Austin. I got a great deal on Priceline so it made the paying $10/day for parking and $10/day for internet a bit easier to bear. You can't beat the location - walking distance to the 6th Street entertainment district! Everything is lovely and new. The room decor is contemporary and well designed. The bed and bedding was new, clean and comfortable.

One of the Best In Austin

by TripAdvisor Member pvilletraveler

If you are looking for a great location in downtown Austin then this is it. You will not be dissapointed to stay here. My wife and I were looking for a one night getaway since we live in Austin.
You will find a great pool on top of the hotel overlooking the city which is great after a hot day. The room colors are wonderfully decorated and very Texas hill country with leather chairs and the most comfortable bed.
The front desk was very polite and even called our room to make sure that everything was in order, a courtesy not offered at many hotels these days.
Restaurants are located right outside the hotel and 6th street is very nearby to catch a show, bar, or meal.
I would highly recommend this Hilton to anyone. Hilton for once actually lives up to its name in this hotel.

Very Impressive Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleCheesehead

I got a great rate on Priceline ($95, incl tax) and stayed last weekend. Excellent location, great bedding (pillows, sheets, mattress), helpful staff, well equipped health club (unfortunately they charge you $10/day to use it) - with weights, steam room, sauna, pool, etc. Internet access was also $10/day. Since it was a weekend, I was able to park on the street (for free) next to the hotel and avoid extra parking costs. Just a few blocks from great clubs, the hotel is a perfect weekend getaway to enjoy the nightlife of Austin!

Comments