Kimber Modern

110 The Circle, Austin, Texas, 78704, United States

More about Austin

Texas State Capitol BuildingTexas State Capitol Building

MT SupermarketMT Supermarket

Isn't that a neat view to eat by?Isn't that a neat view to eat by?

Mark Checks out a CisternMark Checks out a Cistern

PARTY ON NEW YEARS EVE!!

by ragatzzabella

HI,

We are a group of young people (26-30's )
planning to go to Austin on Dec 31'st
We want to know how's the party there??
what are our options??
where are the best places to go that night???
how much are the fees??

We love to dance, listen to good music and definitely a party animals...........we need your advice to start the new year with lots of fun..!!!!

thanks

by butterfly_girl

Hey there:
I live in Austin and the thing to do on New Years Eve is to go to sixth street, it is a street with tons of bars, clubs and music. You can just go from one bar to the next and there will be lots of fun stuff to do. It is right downtown and the streets will be packed on New years eve. Austin is a college/party town. Have fun! If you have more questions about Austin you can send me an e-mail with more questions on my virtual tourist site...www.virtualtourist.com/butterfly_girl
A website on Austin is www.auschron.com or go to www.citysearch.com and look up Austin on that site.

by mtmorris

when you find out, let me know too!!

by hrichl

I'm doing the same thing. Anything other recs other than 6th street or somewhere specific on 6th street?

Re: Re: PARTY ON NEW YEARS EVE!!

by TexasTraveller

I was born and raised in Austin and still work there (though it seems I spend more time in Germany these days!) 6th Street is definitely the biggest party in town on New Year's Eve. There are plenty of other things to do in Austin to sightsee but if you want to go where the people are, that would be the main place. I think they usually have between 100,000 and 300,000 people in the downtown Austin area that night. Austin is a great place. Try and get to Mt. Bonnell if you want a good view of Austin and the Hill Country. It's in the Central West part of town off of 35th street West. Have a good trip and enjoy Austin!
-Andrew

Travel Tips for Austin

Keep Austin Weird!

by butterfly_girl

Austin is a unique city and the cities motto is "Keep Austin Weird". Weird is accepted and even embraced by the locals. Hippies, yuppies, artists, musicians and cowboys all get along and make this city what it is. It's all about acceptance and supporting local, funky one of a kind Austin establishments and festivals. One of my favorite Austin festivals is Eyeore's Birthday...you have to see this one to believe it, it's like something straight out of the sixties and happens around April. Hippies, musicians and anyone else that wants to join in come to this festival where people dress up in unusual and funky costumes and the big event is a giant drum circle. There is also a festival that centers around the "other meat" none as Spam...the Spamarama festival....only in Austin!

Lady Longhorn Basketball

by ATXtraveler

Sarah and I enjoyed a Lady Longhorn Basketball game in Austin, and we both enjoyed it. Although the score ended up with my Lady Bears behind, I was disappointed, but this was a really great atmosphere.

Both Baylor and UT play in the Big XII, one of the best conferences in the country. At the time of this matchup, Baylor was rated #4 in the nation, and UT was ranked #15.

On to the next match!

Pedernales Falls State Park

by Djinn76

Located 32 miles west of Austin in the Blanco country, this is a perfect park to go hiking through its 20miles of trails.
Take the US290 west and then North on FM3232.
Entrance is about 5$ a day.
More details and a map are available from their website.

The Chic Place to Be

by richnewman about The Warehouse District

4th Street as it runs West from Congress Avenue is known to Austinites as "The Warehouse District." The clubs sport piped in music vs. live music, the dress is more upscale, and the eateries are varied but classy. Try out Malaga, Saba Blue Water, or Fado's for early fun, then swing over to the chick basement club at The Bitter End for late nite fun. While it's not uncommon to see the jeans and t-shirt crowd here, this is more of a late 20's/30's crowd. The dress tends to be a little more GQ and upscale--but you won't find any elitists barring your way at the door. Equality is alive and well in the Warehouse District.

Pinball and Beer!

by tee0206 about G&S Lounge

G&S Lounge is another pretty divey place. But once again, I'll admit that I love dive bars. This place has an interesting, old arcade room with pinball, foosball, air hockey, pool, etc. I absolutely love it. It's such a fun place to be. I feel like a young teenager again when I'm at G&S, yet I'm old enough to have a beer in my hand while playing these games. I love it. It's generally an older crowd here and not too crowded, so if tight, crowded spots aren't your thing, then G&S is a cool place to be. Casual.

Comments