North Austin Plaza Hotel And Suites

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about North Austin Plaza Hotel And Suites

Clean Hotel & Wonderful Staff

by TripAdvisor Member fphtech

Stayed at this hotel when in town for a family reunion. Hotel was very clean and hotel staff was extremely helpful & accommodating. They suggested several places of interest to visit in Austin since it was my first time visiting. Would definitely stay here again!!!

First time I had sleep without noise

by TripAdvisor Member demeamore

Good Evening:
This hotel is north of Austin, in fact it is on the corner where you turn to go to the New Social Security Office in Austin, TX,

This was the first hotel that I had the first peaceful sleep in years. The prices were great and the staff was wonderful. The General Manager Dominic Monteleone explain about the banquet rooms he had advaible.

I recommended this hotel to our FQHC grant writer because it was in the community where we just open up a new community clinic.

I went on line to get the price and they honor it. They also had a resturant and a pool, I did not have the pleasure of using it. Lots of parking.

Thanks
R.S. Hopper

ok for the price

by TripAdvisor Member C5254

I stayed over the Labor Day weekend,. Austin was busy, plus there was a UT football game. Most of the better hotels were already booked, except for some very expensive lodging. I decided to bid through Priceline. I was turned down for a five star, four star and ended up with this. The hotel is older, really more of a motel. It's very basic, no luxuries at all. But it was pretty clean, and was a no frills inexpensive place to stay. The pool was good sized although filled with kids. No breakfast, no onsite restaurant. If you go to IHOP, you will get a discount with your room key, but be prepared to wait for weekend breakfast.
One hint, check other websites for the price before bidding on Priceline. After I received an offer for my $60 bid from this hotel, I found a price of $53 per night on Expedia. I am still waiting for a refund from Priceline.
If you are only looking for basic and inexpensive, then stay here. I prefer a few more luxuries.

Affordable rooms with great service

by TripAdvisor Member lennyperry

The property is conveniently located just off the highway and near several restaurants. The check-in process was easy and painless. The hotel staff were very professional and helpful, especially when looking for local attractions and restaurants. The rooms are newly remodeled, clean, and safe. The huge pool was refreshing. I would recommend the hotel to others visiting Austin looking for a inexpensive, clean, safe, hotel.

2 star Hotel with 1 star rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Plunkybrewster

We took a trip cross country and stayed in a plethora of 2 star hotels, this was by far the worst. The customer service and front desk staff were the only things that made the stay bearable. The staff was fantastic but it doesn't help much when their rooms haven't been updated. We got into our room and ok, I am a smoker, so I am used to rooms that don't smell perfect. I mean it's a smoking room, you can't expect it to smell like flowers but it smelled like MOLD. The bedding was sparse and Motel 6 level. My pillow had stains on it. The heater didn't work properly.

I would spring for a Days Inn if I were you. Seriously for 20 bucks more...it's worth it. This place was a dump.

No Shampoo

by TripAdvisor Member kipukatrading

The property was better than antiicipated being recently renovated.
The grounds and pool are expansive. However, it must not be hotel policy to leave shampoo for guests, only lotion. This was quite strange to this veteran traveller. The roar from I 35 can also be irritating when trying to sleep.But, it's location is very convenient to Downtown Austin and Roundrock.

Just ok

by TripAdvisor Member deejavu31

I would call this hotel just average. We stayed there this past weekend (May 5). The room we were in smelled musty, there was obvious old water damage on the walls and on the furniture. The shower took at least 5 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) to warm up but at least it was clean, I guess. It was cheap so what did I expect, really? The sign on the front doors about locking your doors, call 911 for suspicious activity kind of concerned me, though. Last but not least, the pool was supposed to open at 6:00 am but at 6:30, the desk said they "dunno" where the "dude is with the key". Ahhhh, I get it now. Oh and it's not a "hotel", because the doors open to the outside parking lot, etc. That would be a "motel". It's a safety thing, I didn't like that too much.

Stay far far away from this place

by TripAdvisor Member locamotion1320

I got their coupon from a newsprint travelers rag that you get at truck stops. When Igot there, they informed me that they dont rent to Austin residents. And they req an additional $20 deposit in case I made LD calls.So I got my partner who has a Houston address on her drivers license to rent the room. The next day we told them we were checking out late, they kept calling us asking us when we were leaving. We were about to call them to rent another 2 nights because we didnt want to pack up and move. We said," forget it "-we dont need that kind of unprofessional pressure . i should have know that when I heard a couple was sitting the lobby ,when I checked in, were complaining that they never were told about being charged for local calls and that it was taken out of their deposit. They never told me any of that info either. I am so glad that I didnt make any local calls. the staff was very unprofessional in handling me or the couple. And manager wasnt on staff either to talk to them. And the carpet was dirty. since it was Monday , we went next door to another motel.

loud and in need of a cleaning

by TripAdvisor Member jenga4eva

On the bright side, this hotel is reasonably priced and centrally located.

However, I was unfortunate to be staying at this hotel at the same time as a Harley Davidson convention was taking place in Austin. The
hotel management allowed the bikers to play loud music in the pool area, where many of the rooms face, as late as midnight. There is poor sound insulation in the rooms as well, and I was woken several times by loud motorcycles in the hotel parking lot. Perhaps most disturbing was the grease that someone had left on the table and door
knobs, although I was also very disappointed that no shampoo was provided for my use, a basic convenience that I assumed the hotel would have. I also did not appreciate the hotel's promotion of a Hooters-like restaurant ("Bikini" something) that is next to the hotel. All part of the ambience, I suppose!

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Learn from my experience...Do Not Stay Here!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Hotelxpert

This place was horrible. I am an Austin resident and a friend of mine was coming in from Shreveport. I decided to get a room for us for the weekend and because of the location of this hotel there is alot to do, I thought it was perfect! I have slept in alot of hotels in my life and especially most recently. This is BY FAR the worst I have ever come across. The staff is unprofessional for one. Two, when we got into the room an immediate odor stopped us in our tracks for a minute and we just looked at each other. We walked in to the fowl stench of this room and it was absolutely horrible and just got worse throughout the room. We checked in a little late and didn't feel like checking out. We could not bare the smell anymore, so we went across the road to CVS and I picked up some febreeze and a couple candles (that has to say something!!). The bathroom was absolutely disgusting!!! The toilet bowl was not clean (or at least it didn't seem to be). Needless to say, the first thing I did in the am when we awoke was call to front desk and cancel my 2nd night. I booked this through [--] (which I will never do again, they are not good either). I will say one positive thing about this hotel, I was afraid that they were going to try to charge me for the 2nd night when I went to cancel it...and they didn't, thankfully. We rented a room at Bradford Homesuites...they are wonderful and this is the 2nd time I stayed there...I reccomment them completely!!

Comments