Park Lane Guest House

221 Park Lane, Austin, Texas, 78704, United States
Park Lane Guest House
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Austin

OTHER STATES HAVE SPEED BUMPS...OTHER STATES HAVE SPEED BUMPS...

Jumble sale in cartsJumble sale in carts

speer communes with a white squirrel (2007)speer communes with a white squirrel (2007)

Sixth Street Historic MarkerSixth Street Historic Marker

Buescher State Part or Bastrop state park????

by YWLTP

I’m planning a camping trip for 3rd week in march… big group of late 20tis early 30ies… usually I do it at Garner State park but this time that location is to far out of the way for some of the group so I’m trying to pick between 2 parks I have not been to, that are south east of Austin… Buescher State Part or Bastrop state park???? I want water near our camping site so we can hangout and fish close and we don’t have to drive to get there from the camp site… and I want the sites to be secluded and have trees around it… at least somewhat… I realize this is Texas and a state park… but if someone could give me their 2 cents worth on which they have enjoyed more… it’s the camp site I’m most worried about because that’s where we’ll hang out… Thanks a ton for any help!!!!!!!!

by btex

I've never been to Bastrop or Buescher, but here's a website where you'll find some info and small reviews of those parks: http://wildtexas.com/texas-parks/bastrop-state-park

by YWLTP

Much Thanks! I'll look it up and see what they have to say. Take care and thanks again!

by butterfly_girl

Hey There:

I have not camped at either park, but I was just recently at Bastrop State Park and it is a nice spot, with pines and it looked like some of the camp sites are right on the water.
There is another popular camping place around here on the water called Pace Bend State Park. You can find camp sites on the water there too.

But, I think Bastrop should meet your needs. I went to Buescher state park a while back, but honestly can't remember much about it....sorry I can't be more help!
If you call the state park directly and not through the main state park number, usually the rangers can give you some great info.

by YWLTP

Thank you! I'll be sure to give them a call.

by butterfly_girl

Did you decide where you are going to camp? The weather is beautiful right now, so it should be a great time for it.
Have fun!

by YWLTP

Guess what when I called both parks were booked and there was nothing left in the area for us to camp…. Ughhh :(... so we didn’t get to… and you’re right the weather was perfect… thank you again for your help and consideration … I should have known with it being Easter weekend that everyone would be out and about… take care

Travel Tips for Austin

Capitol Artesian Well and Drinking Fountain

by Stephen-KarenConn

Two Historic Fountains, made of elaborate cast iron, Offer refreshment to the passer-by near the mid point of the Great Walk. They were manufactured by J. W. Fiske of New York in 1904 and brought to the Texas Capitol where they were placed in oval pools.

The fountains were removed and the ovals converted into flower beds in the 1940s. However, in 1996 reproduction fountains were installed and the oval pools reconstructed according to the original plan.

In this picture I'm quenching my thirst at one of the fountains.

beautiful tree lined lake

by sosart

Beautiful lake in the heart of Austin. Lake was formed by the creation of a dam. Lake Travis and Lake Austin. Ideal for boating, water skiing, jetskiing, wakeboarding, swimming, and most of all relaxing. Lake is lines with beautiful homes and amazing trees. Lake has pocket where you can anchor, drop a fishing line, pop open a cold beverage, and watch turtles, and swim. A boat or jet ski is a must have. I had a friend who drove me around the lake on his boat, so i am not sure whether there are rentals or not. There are a few restaurants along the lake which are great for taking in the sun and the views, accesible by car.

Tungsten Coil

by leafmcgowan

Tungsten Coil * Austin, Texas

Tungsten Coil Live at the Elysium 4/27/2007, Austin, Texas
Rock * Electronica * Trance. Visiting this fabulous fusion of industrial, synthcore rock and dance rhythms at the dark nightclub "Elysium" in Austin was awesome. Riviting and spectacular soundscape - this band aims to please. Tungsten Coil was formed in the late 90's and have released their CD "Reactive" blending rivet with industrial. In 2005 they took on their current sound enchanting an even bigger audience.
Evening of 4/27/07 at the Elysium was a spectacular night thanks to these folk. 4 stars out of 5.

Whole Foods...a universe of it's own

by butterfly_girl about Whole Foods Market

The Whole Foods in Austin is unbelievable...It is a one of a kind, world class store. You have to see it to believe it...it is a universe of it's own. There are aisles and aisles of healthy food, drinks and vitamins. Beyond that there is a sushi bar, wine bar, coffee bar, juice bar and more. With an ultra hip crowd that hangs out here. You can spend a week wandering around in this store. Food, drinks, flowers, coffee, vitamins, herbs and more. You pay a little more here, but it is truly an experience.

6th St. Downtown Austin

by mj9462 about 6th St. Downtown Austin

This place is crazy!! What it consists of is about 5 blocks of 6th St. lined w/ bars and clubs on each side. The police block off the traffic around 10PM Thursday - Saturdays and the street became everyone's playground. Depends on where you go. You can be comfortable in flip flops and shorts or feel right at home dressed to the nine.

Comments