Radisson Hotel And Suites Austin

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 107% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo

In the heart of the city

The Radisson Hotel is a very nice choice when staying in Austin. The location can't be beat. It is right overlooking Lady Bird Lake and the famous Congress Avenue Bat bridge. You will be in the heart of everything and walking distance to restaurants, clubs, the hike n' bike trail and 6th street. The rooms are nice and comfortable.

• Worst Hotel Experience Ever

I had the worst experience I've ever had at any hotel at this one. I booked my brother and his new wife a suite the night of their wedding and my other brother booked a couple of rooms for us and some friends. First, they confused our reservations. Heaven forbid two people with like last names make reservations for the same night. Second, while checking in I asked the woman at the front desk if they validated for parking and handed her my parking ticket, in the confusion of their screwing up our reservations she never gave it back to me. When I remembered it later and went down to pick it up, instead of giving me back my original ticket, they gave me a "Guest Parking Pass" and charged my bill $15 extra. I argued that it would have been nice to be warned about such a high parking price when making the reservation and they simply said one should expect it downtown. The next day, when leaving, my brothers who arrived at the same time paid half as much for parking using their original tickets. I got charged twice as much because I bothered to let the Radisson staff know I was their customer than if I had been some random person off the street using their garage. I've called to complain and request a credit 3 times and have been thoroughly brushed off by the staff. I have a list of other complaints (room was freezing, ice machine didn't work, soda machine didn't work), but this was the one that crossed the line. Do not stay here! Service is horrible!!

Directions: Downtown

• Stargazer1's Profile Photo

Hotel next to Town Lake, close to Bat Colony

As part of a UT research group rate, we got rooms for only $85 a night, less than half-price. Of course, we got rooms with views of downtown Austin, not Town Lake. But we were pretty much only in our rooms to sleep, so it wasn't a problem.

Unique Quality: They have Sleep Number beds in the rooms. I'd never slept on one before. I found that when I finally got to sleep, I got a good rest, and slept through the night, not tossing and turning like I usually do. The hotel restaurant is the TGIFriday's in downtown. Good breakfasts.

Directions: Downtown Austin, overlooking Town Lake, next to Congress Ave.

• RoadMode's Profile Photo

Very convenient to 6th St & to Congress St Bridge

Room was OK, clean and plenty big, but the mattress was unusual - it could be pumped up or let down to adjust comfort; I thought it was a little funky. Parking is in an attached garage and is expensive, I think. But it IS close to 6th St etc, and right next to the Congress St Bridge, where the bats fly from (in season). Very cool.

Directions: Corner of Congress St & the Colorado River

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Radisson Austin

Radisson has a great central location. Kinda far from the 6th Street action, but not too far. Walk right outside the hotel to see the bats fly from the Congress Street Bridge. Hotel is right on Town Lake.

More about Radisson Hotel And Suites Austin

Hotels I stayed at

by scotty1 about Radisson Hotel

The Radisson Hotel Austin offers great accommodation in a unique downtown/lakeside setting. The Radisson is within walking distance of the convention center; downtown business district, and the 6th Street and Warehouse entertainment districts. warm Texas nights you can view the nightly flight of Austin's famous bat colony.There is a large pool area and in the hobby of the hotel you can find the TGI Fridays restaurant

Old, overpriced hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sunraindancer

We had the getaway package for 2 nights. The view of the lake and the bats were great.
We feel the rooms are way overpriced. The prices are what you might expect in a top-notch convention hotel in Texas.The hotel is within walking distance of fine restaurants. However, you cannot expect complimentary coffee in the lobby. And The "free" breakfast coupons cover only $20. for two persons. The buffet is $11.95 a person plus tax and gratutity, so the breakfast is not entirely free. Also, you have to pay $13. a night to park in the garage or $15. a night for a valet to park your car. The sleep number bed is not a comfortable as you would expect. All in all it is overpriced for an "old" hotel.

What's Not to Like

by TripAdvisor Member spinmeister

It's hard to dislike a hotel that has: 1) attractively priced rooms and suites (I booked a $170 suite on Expedia with a Lake view); 2) very friendly staff; and 4) a Starbucks in the lobby. Some may also laud the Sleep Number bed. I thought my mattress was OK but would take a Westin Heavenly or Sheraton Sweet Sleeper any day. Just plusher, comfier.

This is really a nice, top-end Radisson property in a fantastic location with comfortable, affordable rooms.

Not as I expected

by TripAdvisor Member katgonmom

My colleagues and I stayed here this week. We were disappointed in several aspects:
1. TGIF was closed for repairs and the hotel did not bother to tell our conference planners before they booked the hotel.
2. Our bedroom and several hallways, meeting rooms, etc. had a moldy, wet smell.
3. Not all rooms have sleep-number beds.

The hotel is in a decent location (lots of street noise, but it's downtown). Our room was clean.

It was okay

by TripAdvisor Member SimonRufus

I had booked this hotel about a month in advance on Priceline for $120 a night. It was a UT home game that Saturday, so I think rates were a little higher. Upon check in on a busy Friday night, I asked if we could get a king bed, they did upgrade us to a king bed, as well as one with the sleep control. We weren't too thrilled with the sleep control. I thought the beds were a little above average, but I'd take the Westin bed over this anyday.

Our room key didn't work when we got up to the room, and I had to get new cards, those didn't work either, so they had to send someone up to reset the lock, and then after that it worked okay. It was kind of frustrating because we were in somewhat of a hurry.

Also our room, 802 was at the end of hall and it was kind of loud in the morning when they were out cleaning. Granted it was 9:30 and we were sleeping a little later than other people, but it was still kind of loud.

The parking garage is $13 a day, and I didn't think the parking garage was that strange (I've parked in something similar in Omaha). However, they never really charged me for parking. I got a parking pass and came and went as I pleased, but when we were leaving on the last day, the attendant didn't see my name on his overnight list, and asked it was on my bill, I told him it wasn't, so I did pay for one day of parking.

Oh, and when I received my bill, there were four local calls charged to our room, that we had never made, that totalled $2. At first I was going to call the front desk, but then I noticed they didn't charge me for parking, so I'd rather pay $2 than $13, so I just let it be.

Overall, good location because it's within walking distance to the capitol and the bar scene.

Comments