La Quinta Inn Houston Baytown (4911 East I-10.)

4911 East I-10
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Baytown East
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Baytown

Any advice what to see & do with 15yrs old

by MacedonianUK

As it happend we are off to TX, in April.
Familly obligations are calling to spend 2 weeks in Beytown near Huston.
I am traveling with 15yr old and the people we are visiting are older, so I was wondering how I can entertain my teeneger.
We will rent a car, so transport is no problem...
Any idea wjat we can do in the neighborhood? I dont mind drivinig, but I prefer to find things to do in the radius of 50miles.
I know TX is huge and distance is relative, but do you have any ideas?/
I cheked VT pages on the town & it seems that is an dismal place. Too much odf an industrial subrb. I also cheked www.aaa.com and some other sites, but still need "feel" for the area.
Many thanks.
MacedonianUK

by Donna_in_India

Hi Valentina - looks like Baytown in only about a half hour from Houston. There's tons to do there. Check out www.visithoustontexas.com/visitors/ - and also of course, the VT pages!

by DSwede

I've been through Baytown and yes, there's not much going on.
It is not far from Houston, so that's probably your best bet (about an hour depending on traffic).

I just spent a few weeks down in Beaumont and Port Arthur, about an hour the other side. They are also relatively small towns, but have some quaint history. They are all interconnected with the discovery of oil in 1901 outside of Beaumont.

Unfortunately, the closer you get to the coast, the more vacant things get because the communities are still struggling with the aftermath of Hurricane Ike last year.

by MacedonianUK

Will go trought VT pages for Huston deffinatly and Thanks for the website Donna,
I will definatly chek your seggestions for cheking the quiant little towns on the other side, thanks Dave....
Many thanks again
Valentina

by Matt420

Baytown is about 30 minutes from Nasa in the Clear Lake area, along with the Kemah Boardwalk. At the boardwalk, there are numerous resturants and carnival type rides for all ages. Also, you are maybe 45 minutes to an hour from Galveston. There you could visit Moody Gardens or take the free ferry to Bolivar and see some of the damage from hurricane Ike (probably not too much fun for a 15 yr old).

m