Longbranch Hotel

The LongBranch Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• HOW DOES A CROOK STAY IN BUSINESS

Have you ever seen the movie Motel Hell (Bates Motel). I say this cause Tony doesn't like for ppl to check in and check out because of not being happy with the place. After the attempt to stay there I have read many reviews on here and must say that all the ones that say anything about not refunding on your credit cards are SO TRUE. The room right next to the office (the one with the pole in the middle) must be the one he tries to sell you over the phone. NOTHING special about that room. So it has 4 beds in it, why put 2 ppl in there. There was no privacy at all, knocking on the door several times. Claimed he smelled smoke and was worried about the wiring. If your worried about the wiring WHY put someone in there? But the most creepy thing is Tony's calling and leaving THREATENING MESSAGES on your phone after deciding NOT to stay there. Also threatened to charge more on card if we said ONE WORD about his hotel. I highly suggest staying somewhere else to avoid his harassing calls. Guess the first clue should have been that long sales pitch when booking. I would rather say under a bridge.

• Great "Country Style" Place to stay!

WE recently had to find a Motel to stay in because of Tornado dammage to our home. I'm glad a friend mentioned The Longbranch Hotel! Because we wound up having to stay for 3 weeks! We found it comfrotable, clean, excellent location and just a great place to stay. Tony Lewis the owner/Host was a very nice gentleman, always made sure we were fine and didn't need for anything. Our dog was welcome, we had plenty of space for our 2 small kids, enjoyed the hot tub and front door parking. It felt like home, not a Hotel really. And I feel like we made a new friend. Thank you Tony!

Unique Quality: Hot tub!
    Home cooked meals on First Monday weekend
    Front door parking
    Dogs welcome
    Excellent area to go for a nice walk (climb)

• Longbranch Hotel Worst Stay ever in Canton Texas

On the phone it sounded like a wonderful time would be in store for me and my husband of 33 years , but in all it was far from that . More like a real nightmare at a high price was in store for us. From the moment we arrived we were wading in the mud with nowhere to walk and all the trash outside our room was horrible.
    At the price of $60.00 per head it was a $120.00 a night for us to stay in a cold damp run down room ,was not at all what we had in mind due to the reviews we read before starting our trip.
    In the morning at breakfast I met the owner cooking our breakfast in a very small room , he told us to serve ourselves out of a very small warming table that the food was dried to the pans from sitting so long.We just had coffee and left.
    I complained on on checkout day to find the owner snapping at everything I said and he told me we would discount my room only to get home and find he had charged me twice and it still remains on my credit card today.

Unique Quality: I am surprised that a business on a major hwy in the city limits in not paved , all other business surrounding it are .

Staying in the mud at this price is unacceptable!

Directions: hwy 64 on the mountain

• CANTONSHOPPER's Profile Photo

CANTON BEST KEPT SECRET!!!!!!!

Great stay ,back in time get away. Food was so good homemade breakfast and all.
    I had crisp bacon and grits have not had that since my grandama made it for me.
    Also lots of pastries and fresh fruit and so much more, one morning they had homemade french toast what a treat.
    It took 4 days to see the whole place, right behind our Longbranch Hotel is a place called the Mountain so much shopping and live music untill late with singing places all over.
    Next door we did taste the Wine really fun.
    I loved our location and our room was great and so is the service.
    As far as location it is right on the 1st Monday grounds.............

You will be glad you stayed and we had a free pass for parking that's BIG in Canton Texas......

Unique Quality: Free parking great food the view of Canton from our Hotel and also the location is walking to all shopping!!!!!

Directions: Across the street from Dog Alley and next door to Winery...... 19 & 64 HWY.

• Shop Shop Shop

The longbranch location is the bomb I mean great you are in the middle of all shopping and you can walk to most of all the shopping.
    We rode an old train really cool to the top of the Mountain where shopping is hopping and also we walked down to a real gun shoot out and a quilt auction so much fun.
    The Longbranch has a great cafe in the morning for a great buffet breakfast and it is so yummy.
    The service is great and I loved our room The Timberwild with a zebra and cheeta theme it is all about me loved seeing all over Canton from our 2 story spot.

Great time and going back soon the best part is the location!!!!

Unique Quality: Great food