1816 Martin Luther King Jr Drive, Copperas Cove, Texas, 76522, United States

Ogletree Gap Park re-enactmentOgletree Gap Park re-enactment

Travel Tips for Copperas Cove

My kids live here

by counsel14

"My son and his new bride just moved here"

So of course, being the nosy and wonderful mom that I am, I helped them move into their new trailer house. After a day of schlepping around furniture, I went to a local hotel and spent the night. Gave them time in the morning and then went back over to help Allie put stuff away and unpack all those gajillions of boxes that newly-weds have.
In the afternoon Allie and I went exploring the town while Rich mowed their new lawn and pruned the bushes.
We found the Allin House, the home of the first mayor of Copperas Cove. it was closed, but that didn't stop us from looking around the grounds.

"We found a really cool park called Ogletree Gap"

where the 3rd Armoured Cav was playing. They were a bunch of Army cavalry members that dress up as 1800's cav members and have a weekend of festivities. They rode horses while shooting balloons, had a covered wagon race and had a shootout at the local saloon. It was really neat to watch, and Allie was quite impressed with how much fun you can have for zero dollars.

Comments