3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

900 North Shoreline Boulevard, Corpus Christi, Texas, 78401, United States

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Rated 17% higher but also costs 69% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• Absolutely the best experience!

Me and my wife stayed there for our honeymoon. The room was fantastic, the view was gorgeous, right on the bay, and the staff and service were extremely friendly. There was an issue with our bank and an extra hold placed on our account, but the management and accounting at Omni were very helpful and had it taken care of immediately! Highly recommend this hotel! I think I'll use Omni every chance I get.... No more "Hilton headaches" for me!

Unique Quality: The "Oo la la package" was great! champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were snuck into our room when we left... so it made it very easy to have a romantic evening!

Directions: Shoreline on the Bay of Corpus Christi

More about Omni Corpus Christi Hotel Bayfront Tower

I always stay with friends...

by CorvetteChic

I always stay with friends when visiting Corpus Christi and Padre Island. But here is some information on local Hotels & Motels. I have also included some address and phone numbers for some local Resorts & Condominiums.

Padre Island & Corpus Christi Hotels
Rates - Padre Island hotels and Corpus Christi hotels provide suitable rates and Padre Island vacation packages. Group, weekly and monthly rentals are available with most Padre Island hotels or Corpus Christi hotels. Numerous Padre Island vacation packages are available to suit your individual needs while visiting North Padre. For complete price listing on North Padre accommodations, please visit the Corpus Christi site or contact any of the properties listed. Seasonal rates are adjusted with the following dates: High - March 1 through September5; Low - September 6 through February 28. The Padre Island Business Association can accept no liability relative to the information provided in this website. Visit North Padre for your next vacation.

Amenities - Some Padre Island hotel and Corpus Christi hotel amenities not listed include: elevators, fishing piers, boat ramps, docks, health club facilities, lounge and cable television. (Call individual properties for information.) All addresses are Corpus Christi, Texas 78418 and are located on North Padre Island; all area codes are 361.

2 Omni's in Corpus - Bayfront and Marina - confusing

by TripAdvisor Member 05MAK05

We've stayed at the Omni "Bayfront" in Corpus many times. It's a wonderful, upscale hotel with a scrumptious breakfast buffet in the Glass Pavillion. This past March, we arrived at the "Bayfront" Omni only to be told that they didn' t have our reservations. I pulled out my confirmation and about halfway down the sheet it said "Omni Marina." The Marina is usually closed, and we were not aware that it was opened during heavy tourist seasons like Spring Break. We repacked the car, drove to the "Marina" at 3 p.m. only to be told that our room wasn't ready and wouldn't be for another hour although check-in was posted as 3. We changed clothes in the ladies room and went on to our party getting back to the "Marina" around 10 p.m. If we had seen the nasty dirty carpet in the elevator, we would never have checked in. We were shocked. Our room wasn't much better. We checked out the next morning cancelling the rest of our stay and drove to a McDonald's for breakfast we were not willing to risk eating in the "Marina" restaurant. When we got home, I called Customer Service and was told that Corpus only had ONE Omni Hotel and that there were TWO towers. This is ridiculous as the two hotels aren't even on the same block. There is only one number to call for reservations (1 361-887-1600) and you are not told that you're being bumped to the "Marina" rather than getting a room at the "Bayfront". As long as you make sure your reservation is at the "Bayfront," you'll be in good shape as the rooms are really nice and the staff is always friendly ... plus the restaurant are super!

Omni was nice

by TripAdvisor Member servok

We stayed at te Omni Bayfront for one nite on the18th floor which provided a trememendous view of the bay, bay bridge and the USS Lexington. All of the rooms have bayside views.

The room was clean. The room safe was non-operating.

The desk staff were courteus and helpful. Although I made my confirmed reservation directly with the Omni via its website, the front desk did not have my reservation in my name. However, when I provided the confirmation number, the reservation was located.

The staff in the restaurant on the 20th floor were very friendly although we ate no meals while in the hotel.

Marina tower and Bayfront tower-2 different worlds

by TripAdvisor Member Elisa78

I have stayed at the Omni Bayfront several times before and it has always been very pleasant. I even received free full breakfast for myself and my friends just because it was my birthday, and I wasn't a Select member yet! But people do need to be aware that even though the Bayfront Omni and the Marina Omni are owned by the same chain, they are VERY different! I stayed by mistake at the Marina Omni this past March for a concert and it was horrible. Housekeeping was practically kicking us out before check-out and wouldn't stop knocking on our door, the Marina does not have a store in it, nor the window view dining, and the staff was rude and they calculated my room price incorrectly and seemed bothered by the error which they made! They were nice enough to mail back my friend's curling iron which she left in the room, but overall the service shocked me. I won't stay at the Marina Omni again. Make sure you select Bayfront tower if you stay at Omni hotels regularly.

Nice hotel in a nice city.

by TripAdvisor Member GypsyRover

Spent a night at the Omni Bayfront during the holidays and we enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly and attentive, the rooms were large, clean and ours had a great view of the marina. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet and dark at night. Free parking is available in a covered multi-level lot attached to the lobby.

We took advantage of the steam room, saunas, and cardio equipment. The lobby (which I seldom pay attention to) was very nice with very beautiful flower arrangements.

Since we got a good deal on the room, we splurged and went to the Republic of Texas restaurant on the top floor (see separate review in dining area of TripAdvisor). The view, food and service were all great.

The location was perfect to walk along the waterfront and see the bay and marinas. We would stay again.

Stop and read before you reserve a room

by TripAdvisor Member tugboatcsa

I stayed at the Omni Bayfront Hotel in Corpus Christi from June 17, 2006 to June 22, 2006. I requested late check out for the 23rd and was initially given 30 mins, then I was given one hour to 1p.m. I am a member of their special rewards program and they advertise late checked up to 5p.m. I am not one to complain about the small things, but this was the last straw. The pool was under repair and not usable during this week. Housekeeping woke me up twice to see if my room was cleaned, which it was. Housekeeping was very loud in the halls. People loud in the halls past Midnight. Valet parking is horrible. Save yourself the trouble and park it yourself. The room was relatively small for the price. I checked out June 22 and checked into Hawthorn Suites on S.P.I.D. Stay there! Rooms are bigger, evening cocktails, breakfast in the morning. Best of all, 1/2 the price!!!!!

Running from Hurricane Rita

by TripAdvisor Member Deborah13426

Husband and I headed south to Corpus Christi from Houston after continuously witnessing the madness of the evacuation points north and west. Escaped to the Omni Bayfront Sept. 23-25. Was advised upon check-in that staff was short due their own mandatory evacuation previously ordered Sept. 21, then cancelled. Nice hotel. Even with limited hotel staff, service was good. Hotel offered buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for convenience. Food was acceptable, variable and plentiful under the conditions. Guests had the option of daily maid service upon request; had to wait awhile for service. No prob. This turned into an impromptu vacation so we explored area. The pool/hot tub area was open and clean. Good workout center and spa. Hotel rooms are all ocean view. Comfortable, clean room and bed. Nice terrace. There was no ice machine on the 8th floor. Guests travelled either a floor up/down to retrieve ice. Concierge knowledgeable, of course, of restaurant openings. Try the Waterford Seafood Restaurant (the Blackened Catfish topped with seafood gumbo on a bed of rice is to die for.) We will return to this hotel when the city is fully operational as I'm sure as good as the service provided could have been better, Omni staff objectively did what they could to make guests comfortable and less stressed.

One of the best

We stayed at this hotel for one night. Pricy but very very very worth the money. I've stayed at other hotels for the same amount of money (or more), but this has been the best hotel by a mile. The staffs are absolutely friendly and helpful. The best part is their shuttle service. Everyone in my party enjoyed the ride.... needless to say - thank goodness to the shuttle, no one was worried about getting drunk and driving. They were able to take us to where we wanted to go and also pick us up from where we were around the area. Best of the best. I'm definitely going back to Omni hotels. Hopefully though all their hotels would have the same type of friendly and very helpful staff.

Horrible Experience

My husband and I took my 7 year old to Corpus Christi and we stayed at the Omni beachfront and it was the most degrading experience. The people in the hotel were very snotty and acted like they were of higher class. The hotel was ok and the staff was professional, but the rooms were small - we could hear every little noise coming from the room next door. The beach view was barely visible. This is not a 4 star hotel by any standards. We planned this spring break trip pretty far in advance and I have to say we will never go back to this redneck backwards beachtown again. Yuck!!

You'd have to be crazy to stay here

The hotel itself has a great location, and considering what else is around there... you don't have much to choose from in terms of 'nice' places. My advice - choose a different location - South Padre, Portland, etc - - Far away from the Omni and their unhelpful staff. The rooms have not been kept up, the hotel smells like smoke, and the staff needs to be cleaned up as well.

Favorite boat "Hook 'em Horns"Favorite boat "Hook 'em Horns"

Pier 99Pier 99