Villa Del Sol Hotel

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Beaches
See Amenities

shocking!

by written on August 3, 2014

Villa del sol is a wake up call. Over all the complex looks run down but it got worse when entering condo 2312. Most of the one star reviews are dead on but to put it simple for this particular unit,  old, dirty, and run down. The furniture seems retro fitted to match a college dorm room including dirty refrigerator and extremely worn out couch. Floors are dirty, lights dont work, towels are old, shower is falling appart, bed sheets are multi colored and cigarette burned, rugs are filthy, kitchen falling appart.... the list goes on. When confronting the owner we were asked "well, do you have hot water and aircondition?", and the owner hung up.  The unit depicted on the website has obviously been altered. By charging $115 per night, non refundable, Bait and Switch seems obvious. I can NOT recommend to stay here. This unit should not be rented out.

STAY AWAY!

by written on July 16, 2014

Villa Del Sol is awful. I stayed at #2213 booked through Texas Coastal Vacations. The whole place is run down and this Condo is a disgrace from the overwhelming smell of damp to the cockroaches. When I told TXCV that we left and wouldn't be staying there they didn't seem bothered by the condition of the place, only by how quickly they could re-rent the place which leads me to believe that my experience wasn't a surprise to them. While I did get a refund for 1 of the 4 nights booked, I cannot recommend Villa Del Sol or TXCV.

Horrible experience!

by written on April 9, 2014

Please know that this condo is not as advertised. it's so filthy that its unhealthy. There are many safety hazards. The smell is awful. No hot water. Hot tubs haven't worked in months. Oven is too dangerous to use. I wish I could find one good thing to say but it was so bad that we left two days early and lost 200.00. I have never written a bad review before but this was such an awful experience that I don't want anyone else to go through this.

Villa de sol Linda West is a CROOK!

by written on March 13, 2012

We have stayed here at this condo complex in the past and everything was fine. We had good memories and paid for a rental from a private owner, Linda West unit 3311, we paid 595 in advance and was told by Linda that our two puppies would be fine just show the records to the front desk when we check in. We came in on the 9th of March 2012 and were denied access due to our boxer being more than 20lbs. I did not volunteer the info but it was on their, our puppies, shot record. I called Linda and she turned into a totally different person, she began by telling me I should have doctored the shot records to adjust the weight to be under 20lbs. Then when I reminded her this was not what we had discussed when I paid here the rent in advance. She began cussing me and telling me I was stupid for not hiding the information from the front desk. Just what every person on vacation wants to do get asked to leave in the middle of the night! We did not even get to check in and were refused access because of the pet policy. Which i completely understand. In short Linda did refund 495 of the 595 but she is totally unprofessional and a poor example of someone to rent from. If you do end up staying at Villa Del Sol DO NOT RENT FROM LINDA WEST UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, or you will be the next person writing a review like this one.

Corpus Christi's best condos

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 25, 2010

My family and I stayed at Villas Del Sol in Aug. Elaine is the best ower out there. She takes very good care of her condos. Neat and clean. Elaine made herself available when you needed her. We got to the condo pertty late at night but she made sure that we got to our room without any problems. Her rooms are very nice with a big screen t.v. and nicely decorated. She made time to bring us another romte for the t.v. since the one in the room did not work. Thank You Elanie for a wonderful stay. My family and I recommend that you call Elanie if you are looking for a great place to stay at the Villas Del Sol.

Unique Quality: Great view. great pools. The best owner to rent from by far is Elaine.

Bring cleaning supplies with you and bug spray

by written on January 4, 2010

We checked out the day we checked in, although we did not get a refund. It was a dump. A pure dump. I could not believe how dirty it was. The office staff did not hesitate to cancel the remainder of our reservation. I am not sure if various people own these and some keep them up and some do not. I booked through the main office, and they put me and my family in a roach infested dirt box.

I am originally from Corpus Christi. I knew this place from the '70's. It is not the same place.

Unique Quality: Filthy, dirty, truly roach infested (dead ones and live ones), old, sad, and in need of demolition.

Directions: North Beach / aka / Corpus Christi Beach

an unfit for human habitation condo

by written on August 30, 2009

ADVICE!! TRIP ADVISOR TEXAS COSTAL VACATIONS July 28, 2009!!!if roaches are your best friend stay at the "VILLA DEL SOL" condo's owned by RICK BENNETT!!! The roaches will hold a conversation with you and maybe they can get some friends to bring you a cup of coffee. CLEAN? if you can get ahold of him right before you check in, he will get the cleaning lady there after hours and you will spend your first eve babysitting your goods. TWIN BUNKBEDS? If your MINI ME on steroids and platform shoes. SAFE?? Take a 2 by 4 to lock the patio door. EVEN HIS HELPERS COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS DELIQUINCY!!! I'm writing this to protect eveyone else. The website paints a pretty picture but BEWARE!!! PHOTOS CANNOT BE PUBLISHED DUE TO LAWYERS ADVISE.

Best value on the beach!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2004

The million dollar view is the reason to stay.
I suggest staying in the beach front rooms. They are larger and not much more in price. You can hear the waves crashing against the beach. The palm trees and hot tub groto look great the pool was nice and hot. I think the condo is the best priced place I have stayed for all you get, and the fishing is fun. I may retire down there some day!

Unique Quality: Great views, two pools and a hot tub groto. The facility grounds is large and has beautifull palm trees and gardens all over. I t is a true vacation resort. For the area this is one of the best. The million dollar view is all that needs to be said.

Directions: On North beach or also known as Corpus Christi Beach. Walking distance to the Lexington.

BEAUTIFUL BEACH CONDO

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2003

Price :
on season-$85.00-$95.00 plus tax nightly
$500.00 weekly

off season $65.00-$75.00 plus tax nightly
$ 375 weekly

This 1 bedroom hotel-condo located right on the beach with a great view of the Corpus Christi Bay from it's private balconey . The condo designed to make you feel at home. Complete with kitchen facilities such as stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishes & cooking utensils...... You can prepare home-cooked meals or snacks anytime. Includes one bedroom plus two bunkbeds, with living room with sofa and recliner, Tv with cable, VCR, towels, sheets.....elevator. And there's also a full-size bath.
It's one of the most beautifully furnished units in the complex. .
For more info please contact me at
villadegalina@hotmail.com

Unique Quality: Downtown Corpus Christi is just minutes away from this conveniently located complex and walking distance from the USS Lexington and Texas State Aquarium. Available also near this condo are cruises, deep-sea fishing, bird watching, dining on the water, shopping, public golf courses and tennis courts and lots more....Come here to get away ,rest and relax.
You will have access to relaxing times at the 2 swimming pools, one of which is heated for the cooler months. Enjoy romantic walks through beautiful gardens , hot tubs, bar-b-ques in the evening, romantic walks or surfing on the waves.
There is ample parking on site with good security.
.....Great food, dancing, night club shows are just minutes away in downtown Corpus Christi.

jenna24's Profile Photo

Villa del Sol

by written on August 25, 2002

$79 - $200 Nightly

$480 - $750 Weekly

Unique Quality: The cool, clean, uncomplicated delights of a traditional beach vacation. That's the charm and the appeal of Villa Del Sol.

Directions: 3938 Surfside Blvd.

Corpus Christi, Texas 78402

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Corpus Christi Travel Forum

Need advice about Corpus Christi, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Corpus Christi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Corpus Christi hotel reviews