Villa Del Sol Hotel

3938 Surfside Blvd, Corpus Christi, Texas, 78402, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• Horrible experience!

Please know that this condo is not as advertised. it's so filthy that its unhealthy. There are many safety hazards. The smell is awful. No hot water. Hot tubs haven't worked in months. Oven is too dangerous to use. I wish I could find one good thing to say but it was so bad that we left two days early and lost 200.00. I have never written a bad review before but this was such an awful experience that I don't want anyone else to go through this.

• Villa de sol Linda West is a CROOK!

We have stayed here at this condo complex in the past and everything was fine. We had good memories and paid for a rental from a private owner, Linda West unit 3311, we paid 595 in advance and was told by Linda that our two puppies would be fine just show the records to the front desk when we check in. We came in on the 9th of March 2012 and were denied access due to our boxer being more than 20lbs. I did not volunteer the info but it was on their, our puppies, shot record. I called Linda and she turned into a totally different person, she began by telling me I should have doctored the shot records to adjust the weight to be under 20lbs. Then when I reminded her this was not what we had discussed when I paid here the rent in advance. She began cussing me and telling me I was stupid for not hiding the information from the front desk. Just what every person on vacation wants to do get asked to leave in the middle of the night! We did not even get to check in and were refused access because of the pet policy. Which i completely understand. In short Linda did refund 495 of the 595 but she is totally unprofessional and a poor example of someone to rent from. If you do end up staying at Villa Del Sol DO NOT RENT FROM LINDA WEST UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, or you will be the next person writing a review like this one.

• Corpus Christi's best condos

My family and I stayed at Villas Del Sol in Aug. Elaine is the best ower out there. She takes very good care of her condos. Neat and clean. Elaine made herself available when you needed her. We got to the condo pertty late at night but she made sure that we got to our room without any problems. Her rooms are very nice with a big screen t.v. and nicely decorated. She made time to bring us another romte for the t.v. since the one in the room did not work. Thank You Elanie for a wonderful stay. My family and I recommend that you call Elanie if you are looking for a great place to stay at the Villas Del Sol.

Unique Quality: Great view. great pools. The best owner to rent from by far is Elaine.

• Bring cleaning supplies with you and bug spray

We checked out the day we checked in, although we did not get a refund. It was a dump. A pure dump. I could not believe how dirty it was. The office staff did not hesitate to cancel the remainder of our reservation. I am not sure if various people own these and some keep them up and some do not. I booked through the main office, and they put me and my family in a roach infested dirt box.

I am originally from Corpus Christi. I knew this place from the '70's. It is not the same place.

Unique Quality: Filthy, dirty, truly roach infested (dead ones and live ones), old, sad, and in need of demolition.

Directions: North Beach / aka / Corpus Christi Beach

• an unfit for human habitation condo

ADVICE!! TRIP ADVISOR TEXAS COSTAL VACATIONS July 28, 2009!!!if roaches are your best friend stay at the "VILLA DEL SOL" condo's owned by RICK BENNETT!!! The roaches will hold a conversation with you and maybe they can get some friends to bring you a cup of coffee. CLEAN? if you can get ahold of him right before you check in, he will get the cleaning lady there after hours and you will spend your first eve babysitting your goods. TWIN BUNKBEDS? If your MINI ME on steroids and platform shoes. SAFE?? Take a 2 by 4 to lock the patio door. EVEN HIS HELPERS COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS DELIQUINCY!!! I'm writing this to protect eveyone else. The website paints a pretty picture but BEWARE!!! PHOTOS CANNOT BE PUBLISHED DUE TO LAWYERS ADVISE.

• Best value on the beach!

The million dollar view is the reason to stay.
    I suggest staying in the beach front rooms. They are larger and not much more in price. You can hear the waves crashing against the beach. The palm trees and hot tub groto look great the pool was nice and hot. I think the condo is the best priced place I have stayed for all you get, and the fishing is fun. I may retire down there some day!

Unique Quality: Great views, two pools and a hot tub groto. The facility grounds is large and has beautifull palm trees and gardens all over. I t is a true vacation resort. For the area this is one of the best. The million dollar view is all that needs to be said.

Directions: On North beach or also known as Corpus Christi Beach. Walking distance to the Lexington.

• BEAUTIFUL BEACH CONDO

Price :
    on season-$85.00-$95.00 plus tax nightly
    $500.00 weekly

off season $65.00-$75.00 plus tax nightly
    $ 375 weekly

This 1 bedroom hotel-condo located right on the beach with a great view of the Corpus Christi Bay from it's private balconey . The condo designed to make you feel at home. Complete with kitchen facilities such as stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishes & cooking utensils...... You can prepare home-cooked meals or snacks anytime. Includes one bedroom plus two bunkbeds, with living room with sofa and recliner, Tv with cable, VCR, towels, sheets.....elevator. And there's also a full-size bath.
    It's one of the most beautifully furnished units in the complex. .
    For more info please contact me at
    villadegalina@hotmail.com

Unique Quality: Downtown Corpus Christi is just minutes away from this conveniently located complex and walking distance from the USS Lexington and Texas State Aquarium. Available also near this condo are cruises, deep-sea fishing, bird watching, dining on the water, shopping, public golf courses and tennis courts and lots more....Come here to get away ,rest and relax.
    You will have access to relaxing times at the 2 swimming pools, one of which is heated for the cooler months. Enjoy romantic walks through beautiful gardens , hot tubs, bar-b-ques in the evening, romantic walks or surfing on the waves.
    There is ample parking on site with good security.
    .....Great food, dancing, night club shows are just minutes away in downtown Corpus Christi.

• jenna24's Profile Photo

Villa del Sol

$79 - $200 Nightly

$480 - $750 Weekly

Unique Quality: The cool, clean, uncomplicated delights of a traditional beach vacation. That's the charm and the appeal of Villa Del Sol.

Directions: 3938 Surfside Blvd.

Corpus Christi, Texas 78402

1.800.242.3291

More about Villa Del Sol Hotel

it's not bad...

both me and my 64 year old father have recently stayed at villa del sol. if you're expecting 5-star accomodations you're going do be very disappointed. in fact, the entire gulf coast doesn't really suit typical high-brows. it's a rustic atmosphere, and that is it's charm. it's under new management as of july 1st, and updates have been promised. in a rustic, humid environment, you'll see an occasional bug, but any account of infestation described previously is a lie. so are tales of being approached by hookers in the parking lot. and kids skateboarding hardly constitutes a "nightmare". i spent 11 years on the northern california coast before moving to dallas and i can tell you that "valleys" will leave clothing and diapers and anything else on the beach. they don't live there, they paid for it, and they don't care. you think locals are leaving diapers on the beach? of course not. pack your trash. give villa del sol a break. it's a good deal.

It's really not bad

We've stayed at the Villa del Sol several times over the last several years, going through the front desk and individual owners. Our experiences have varied from awesome to not so good. One time only, we had a roach problem and they relocated us to another unit (updated one) immediately. We did not see any more. It may not be the Hyatt, but your wallet's not as empty either. We've been fairly satisfied to date.

Not so good ...and needs much improvement for the $$$

We recently stayed at the Villa del Sol and altho our room was clean, no smell, no bugs, and it was small, it was comfortable. The problem we had was that we were on the third floor overlooking the public parking area. There was a volleyball game from 8pm to midnight and they had their truck radios blasting away. I think this is a habit of the local people because the Villa has huge flood lights to light up the beach. Also there is no secure entrance from the beach into the Villa's grounds...you did not need to use your room key to go thru the gate. Their is no bathroom near the pool and the closest is all the way to end of the building near the beach...unfortunately it did not open with the room key and a maintenance person could not open it either with his key. We have stayed here before..but it appears there is no real maintenance or modern repairs and upkeep to the units that are rented out to the public. How is one to know which units are updated? and how do we contact an actual owner to get a better rate?

I will probably choose a different location next time unless I hear it has improved. The rates are very high for what you actually get for a couple.

Horrible 10 Minutes

Horrible 10 minutes because we were only there for 10 minutes. We went into a room with old smelly carpet and with the sofa torn clear across the front with the foam coming out, and wallpaper was peeling from the bathroom so we decided we better check out. For $159 a night, I was extremely disappointed. Even though it overlooked the ocean, I couldn't even get the sliding door open and that was the final straw. The property had trash thrown all over it on our way to the room and the carpet had mold on it by the ice machine. That is a pretty bad sign of things to come and that is what occurred when we went into that "condo." If you want a real condo, go to Port Aransas and stay at the Sandcastle or Port Royal. They have nicer rooms (we went there after we checked out of Villa del Sol) and their staff is much more friendly.

Comments