200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, Texas, 78657, United States
Travelocity Marriott.com Expedia.com

More about Horseshoe Bay Resort

Perfect Proposal

I purposed to my girlfriend on Christmas Day at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott hotel. I took her out to the beach area out on the lake, then a boat came and picked us up for a suset cruise. It was perfect and we will probally be back for the wedding...what a perfect place for this event.

A great 2 night stay....

Just returned from the Marriott at Horseshoe bay with my family of 4. It was very nice and we plan to return next year. The hotel was very clean and I read the one review that claimed that the lobby smelled like pork sausage....not sure where that came from. Not our experience.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. The landscaping is incredible. A great putting green!

The only down note was the chicken fried steak at the La Bahia. It was like eating bark. Everybody else in the group ate fajitas and they said that it was very good.

Everything is a little pricey at the Horseshoe Bay Marriott, however when you consider what the cost must be to maintain the grounds and the hotel it is understandable.

Don't forget to shuttle over and check out the pool and spa at the Horseshoe Bay Yacht Club. Fantastic!

The staff at the Marina were great. They launched my Wave Runner and moored it for me. They have a 5 star Marina that is for sure. There is a secure grass field close to the hotel where you can park your boat trailor.

All in all....a great weekend for me and the family.

Enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member MVK

We recently stayed three days at the Horseshoe Bay Resort. It was a relaxing and enjoyable three days. The facility was spacous and well kept. The grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed just walking around the grounds and enjoying the views. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

The only negative in our stay was that the cost of eating or doing anything on the hotel grounds was pricey.

Family fun!

My family and I went to the Horseshoe Bay Resort looking for some fun and relaxation. We were immediately taken by the hill country setting.I was so happy to find a place in Central Texas that offered first class service and lots of amenities. We were so pleased at how friendly and helpful the staff of the resort and hotel was. We were so excited that we could find something that we could all do. My husband and son went on a fishing trip out on the lake while my daughter and I went horseback riding in the area. The kids could not stop talking about how much fun they had. The food at the resort was great! We especially liked the breakfast buffet at the Lantana. It's definitely the best breakfast I've ever had. The kids love to swim so we were glad that there were three pools to choose from. We had a lot of fun out on the lake riding wave runners. They even had a white sand beach which i thought was really neat. I would have to say that the biggest surprise at the resort was the Whitewater putting course. I'd never seen an 18 hole real Bermuda green putting course. It was pretty amazing. There was so much that we didn't get to do because of limited time, but we are soo looking forward to going back next year and taking our friends with us.

perfect

by TripAdvisor Member shawnky

We got a great deal online. The visit included our breakfast. (waffles in the shape of tx to loxs and bagels. Pool has different color changing lights (one of many) golf courses(regular and putt putt) boat and jet ski rentals. Great property and staff was extra friendly.

WOW...You are not in Texas anymore!

by TripAdvisor Member TexasG64

My husband had to attend a Military Conf. at this beautiful resort and our two teenage sons went with us. First off, we could not have ordered better weather for our visit. The property is new and everyone was extremely friendly. It isn't easy to impress 14 & 16 year old teenagers, but ours boys said something funny our first night there..."WOW, we aren't in Texas anymore!" When you first drive up there are Palm trees and beautiful surroundings everwhere. The boys wanted to go straight to the pool and they chose to stay at the pool at the Marriott as it is the only heated pool at the resort! It was all we could do to get the boys out of the pool to go have dinner at the Hotel restaurant. I've never been a big fan of eating at hotels, but I promise...this was a fabulous restarant and the portions are VERY large. You can't go wrong with a steak. The next day we went into Marble Falls for a FANTASTIC breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe. It is a 76 year old restaurant that was just wonderful. It was off to the golf course after that. Can you say WOW too many times in a review? Honestly, we have never played such beutiful courses in our lives. The course was in Fantastic shape and there were deer everywhere! Our last day could not have been better...the boys and I were able to rent a boat and drive around for a few hours taking in the scenery of beautiful Lake LBJ. Just joking around we said we should buy a house here and the boys actually found a Realtor from the resort working right there in the Hotel Lobby! I'll be darned...but we are going back to look at homes! The only complaint I had was the stray cats that roam the grounds. We saw 2 that like to beg at the patio at the Marriott! You can't go wrong for a Romantic get-away or a weekend vacation with the kids!

Reservations not honored

by TripAdvisor Member NCSuze

Our extended family of 16 made a reservation for 7 rooms in Aug 2005 for the Thanksgiving holiday. We wanted one individual room plus 3 connecting units. A confirmation was received stating 7 rooms were reserved but only seemed to list 6. The hotel was called in Oct. to check out the confirmation and assurance was given that 7 rooms were reserved with 3 being connecting units. First of our party to check in on Nov. 23 about noon was informed that no connecting units were available. Said reservations had not been made properly. Other parties checking in that afternoon had the same problem. Hotel was not honoring any reservations and saying nothing was guaranteed contrary to the confirmation. Hotel was hosting a big 3-day Hindu wedding which was being given preference over everyone else. Only one family of our party received rooms in the hotel. All others were in some old outside units I imagine left over from some time-share. Don't go here if there is a wedding.

Awful service, nice building

Run far, far away from this hotel if you're interested in customer service.

Our problems started the minute we checked in, when the hotel refused to honor our six-months-prior reservation and tried to book us into the dumpy old condos next door, and didn't stop until the valet FINALLY (after repeated requests) brought our car after our fight at the check-out counter. We traveled as a group, and our entire group met with the same problems. Management's attitude was "Not my problem", no apologies were offered at any time; it was awful!

A few good points: the main hotel building is really nice for a Mariott, with really comfortable beds and spacious rooms. The food is good; in particular, the breakfast buffet was excellent.

A few more bad points: Skip the overpriced spa. Had a terrible massage there, then was informed that a mandatory 20% gratuity applied to the bill. The spa is also far away from the main hotel building, so you have to get a shuttle (good luck getting the valet to find that for you), and is under construction, so it's really loud and not relaxing.

Overall, nice building, but absolutely not worth the terrible service & management.

My home

by counsel14

"Cottonwood Shores, Texas"

Cottonwood Shores is located in the Texas Hill Country, about 1 hour west of Austin.

We are within five miles of Marble Falls, a few minutes away from the Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are a very small town (less than 1000 population) with a City Council/City Manager form of government.

We have two public parks and a boat ramp for access to Lake LBJ, but are planning a new development with an athletic stadium, farmer's market, artist gallery and upscale condos and apartments called Castlerock.

We have started to work on a public library for our town. We've been able to get a building, shelves built and painted, donations of about 1500 books, monetary donations, and all the paperwork that one needs to start up such an endeavor. We also received grants to build several parks and redo the boat ramp area on the river's edge. it's a tiny town in transition, and I love it.

"Library"

We just received a grant from our electric co-operative for the library! How incredible that a dream of a place for the kids and the seniors would be able to come to fruition so easily for us!
We've got new shelving being built as we are about to overflow the ones we have, two people are making tables for children's use, we have two computers donated to us (just yesterday!) for classes for kids and seniors, we already have art classes scheduled with an instructor....I'm just so amazed at what a couple of people can accomplish when they set their minds to it!
More pictures of the library to come!

"Ella Font and Me!"

Ok, so it's cheesy and trite....who cares! The library kids named our mascot "Ella Font" and they love her. She reads to them on Saturday mornings and plays games with them at city functions. At least they have learned what a "font' is and made the connection to books! The plaque I am holding is the Mayor's Proclamation declaring the building as the library. It's hanging above the fireplace inside for anyone that wants to come read it!

Horshoe Bay

by sleepyredd

"Marriott Horseshoe Bay Resort"

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Plenty to do on the grounds. Swimming, hot tub, golf, exercise room and tennis. The restaurant is not CHEAP and not all the food is good. Our first nite room service was in excess of $100.00 of course this did include a $28.00 bottle of wine.
The only real complaint i have about the hotel itself is that the housekeeping is definately not up to par. When we left we could not find anyone to give a comment card to or complain about a 250.00 smoking charge that was added to our bill. We didnt smoke anything in the room.
I would love to go back but would be a bit gun shy of this charge.

I will add some pictures later. They are on my home computer.

"LBJ RANCH"

Enjoyed the scenery and the old house. The tour guide was very very windy....... I think i would have rather done it on my own.
Will also post some pics later

"Vineyards"