2930 Forest Lane, Dallas, Texas, 75234, United States

More about Dallas

Relaxing at the HyattRelaxing at the Hyatt

Penguin HabitatPenguin Habitat

African Village RestaurantAfrican Village Restaurant

Come for Tea!Come for Tea!

Overnight Hotel near DFW

by ViajesdelMundo

HI - when we depart for Europe early April (we live in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico area) our American Airlines itinerary arrives 8p one evening and we don't depart until 5p the next evening to CDG; so we need to make a hotel reservation for the night.
Obviously we want one with a shuttle service and a restaurant, but since we have most of the day, I was also wondering if there is a budget hotel that is also nearby a shopping mall? (as I don't get a chance to do this in BajaSur!)

by Agraichen

Hey Trish, at least you have a CostCo to "visit" in Cabo. There used to be a hotel right at the airport which you could access via the train that loops the airport. I'll check on it and email the info to you. Al

by TexasDave

Almost all of the hotels in the vicinity have airport shuttles, and as for shopping malls, you are in luck. Grapevine Mills is a huge outlet mall a short drive from DFW. There are shuttle buses that leave direct from the airport, they charge for the ride, though. The mall has a web site, you can google it. Enjoy.

by ViajesdelMundo

Al - 'visit' is right. I had never been in a CostCo before the one in Cabo opened, so I eventually did 'visit' it a couple times, but couldn't figure out why I would pay a store to shop in it; and since I live in Mexico, I'm not of the ilk to try to have everything like "back home". also, Cabo is 1-1/2 hours drive each way from where we live; we may go there about once or twice a year, usually only if we have visitors.........

Texas Dave - thanks for the name of that mall; I have located the website and will see if it has anything of interest!

Travel Tips for Dallas

Spend some time hanging out in...

by sdtex

Spend some time hanging out in Deep Ellum for the live music and nightlife. Deep Ellum is packed on weekend nights and you'll actually see PEDESTRIANS -- a rarity in Texas cities.
If you're spending time in Dallas, don't let anyone stick you in North Dallas. The city's most interesting neighborhoods are clustered around downtown including Oak Lawn (gay-central), Uptown (webjamming yuppieville), Lower Greenville (arty earthy), and Oak Cliff (the Other Side of the Tracks -- and prettiest part of the city. I live here). Dallas is one of the world's best places to eat out. We have a great variety of great restaurants. When I've been traveling, the first thing I want to do (before I even go home) is chow down on Tex-Mex.

What are we celebrating?

by elmcarra

Living in Dallas you become aware of holidays that you never knew existed. Its like Texans go out of their way to find excuses to celebrate, have get-togethers and cook outs, and generally turn the town upside down. We celebrate a holiday that doesnt even belong to us: Cinco de Mayo, the day of Mexico's defeat of Napoleon's French Army in 1862. Its not uncommon to find entire blocks cordoned off from traffic in order to have a pub crawl, celebrate July 4th (example "Kaboom-town") or St. Patty's day. Its not like theres a big Irish population here! From balloon festivals to Octoberfest, if theres no celebration coming up, Dallas will create one (ie Edgefest in celebration of Earth Day?) Its not enough to go to a football game, you have to celebrate the fact that youre going to a football game and have a tail gate party. Listen to jazz? Yeah we have a festival for that too. Can I dress up like an old west outlaw and party? Yeah we call that Pioneer Days. How bout if I wanna celebrate how much I love sweet potatoes? Yep we got it covered, Texas Yamboree. Mark your calendars.

Dallas Mavericks

by btex

The Mavericks are an NBA team that started playing in Dallas in 1980. They've had their ups and downs...actually, more downs than ups...the team didn't play too well for most of the 90's. Times are good now; the Mavs have made the playoffs for several years now. The Mavericks play an exciting brand of basketball: faced paced, high scoring and it's very fan friendly at the American Airlines Center where they play...the games are always sold-out...the exciting action and the loud music make the fans go crazy. Go Mavs!

Bryan Cabin is an old 1841 log...

by brdwtchr

Bryan Cabin is an old 1841 log cabin reconstructed in heart of Dallas. It looks out of place surrounded by sky scrapers there. Not a lot to see or do at the log cabin. It is not far from the Sixth Floor memorial to JFK so we walked over to see it.

Upper End

by Bwana_Brown

My wife found that the shops and malls within ready reach of our hotel, even using the DART, were all geared toward "designer" clothes. Without a car, it seemed to be next to impossible to find a store that sold regular items that may have been useful as gifts for our daughters and their children.

Comments