13131 North Central Expressway, Dallas, Texas, 75243, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Dallas

Enjoying a drink before our flightEnjoying a drink before our flight

DALLAS..THE SOUTHFORK RANCH FROM THE TV SERIES..DALLAS..THE SOUTHFORK RANCH FROM THE TV SERIES..

The Scandinavian Folk Dancers of HoustonThe Scandinavian Folk Dancers of Houston

More freewaysMore freeways

Anything to do/see near DFW airport?

by Jefie

Hi! We need to spend one night in Texas between two flights and for convenience sake we picked a hotel located near DFW airport. We'll have a bit of time to kill in the morning before we need to get to the airport (our flight doesn't leave until 3:00 pm), is there anything to see or do in that area? Not sure I'd want to make it all the way to Dallas or Fort Worth and back... Thanks in advance!

by Jamesr3939

I found out the DFW metoplex area is huge and I mean huge by even TX or CA standards. I was there on business once and stayed near Love Field in downtown Dallas. I had an interview in Fort Worth and it took me 90 min to get out there.

If it interests you I found the tour of the book depository from where Oswald shot JFK to be very interesting. I am guessing if you are there on a weekend then commute traffic might not be an issue, but being a weekday I would guess driving into Dallas is not a good idea.

by lizscoular

You'll be near the town of Grapevine, which has a quaint downtown area, with places to eat and shop. Grapevine also has wine tasting rooms for the local wineries.

The Gaylord Texas hotel is also there in Grapevine. There's stuff to see and do on their property.

by Jefie

Thanks!! I just found out that the hotel we're staying at offers a free shuttle to historic Grapevine, I think it might be a fun way to spend a few hours before getting back to the airport :o)

Travel Tips for Dallas

Admirals' Club at Dallas/Ft. Worth International

by Gypsystravels

American Airlines has a fantastic lounge here in Dallas (they actually have 4), which is their hub city. For those individuals that either hold Platinum or Executive Platinum (like I do) can be guests to the Admiral's Club for free. You can bring along a guest at no additional charge.

If you don't hold status with American Airlines but are flying with them, you can purchase a day pass for $50.

In Dallas AA has Admiral Lounges in Terminals A, B, C and D. I've only visited the Admiral's lounge in terminal D, but the agent at the desk who greeted me this last trip suggested I take a look at the Admiral's Lounge in Terminal B, which she claims is quite nice.

The D Lounge is equipped with Showers, free internet service as well as free Wi-Fi, snacks like assorted trail mixes, cookies, carrot and celebry sticks, coffee, tea, water and upon your entrance to the lounge you are given one free drink ticket. The lounge also sells an assortment of quick meals like sandwiches and wraps and a variety of drinks including mixed drinks and wines. I enjoy spending the few hours between my international flights, which is the only time I actually connect through Dallas with a few hours between connections. I like that I can catch up with last minute emails, calls and reading. I also like having a glass of wine and watching the latest news on the large flat screen t'v's.

There are separate areas for smokers, children and quite rooms, you can also enjoy some time in the music room.

Check out the link below for more information about American Airline Admiral's Club

Asian Festival

by Sweetberry1

The Asian Festival is an annual event held in May in the Annette Strauss Artist Square. The festival features native arts, crafts, music, dance, food, and martial arts of various cultures of Asia.
The festival is presented by the Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce.

Address : Annette Strauss Artist Square,
1800 Leonard Street

Final game at Texas Stadium

by hoofhearted

We attended the final game at Texas Stadium on Saturday, December 20, 2008 (Victoria's birthday!). Cold, cold, cold, but we stayed until the bitter end. Outdoor football watching requires lots of layers and maybe even some winter silks!

Off the beaten path of Lakeside Park

by biljah

This just may be my favorite spot to go to at Lakeside park. Not many people take the time to walk down the path to the stairs that lead down to the rivers edge. It is a wonderful sight to look at the aterfall while standing on the rocky edge of the river. It is so peaceful and soothing to hear the water flowing and the birds chirping.

Architectural Salvage

by grandmaR about Orr-Reed Wrecking Co Inc

The primary items at this place are architectural salvage items. Doors, windows, fireplaces, bathrubs, wood, flooring, etc We were looking at mantlepieces because my daughter thought that her fireplace was too fancy for her family room. You can bargain to a certain extent

Comments