2201 Stemmons Freeway, (formerly Wyndham), Dallas, Texas, 75207, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Anatole

One of the best!

I stayed at the Wyndham Anatole in November for a conference. We only left the hotel for occasional dinners because the hotel could accommodate all of the conference activities. This hotel has everything and more. The staff was terrific, the rooms were comfortable, beautiful, and very clean. Make sure that you sign up for "Wyndham By Request" (at no charge) and you will receive many extras! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to have comfort, speedy service, and luxury.

Anatole at a great baragin price thru Hotwire!

I wanted to stay at the Anatole but didn't want to pay the ususal rate. I thought I'd try Hotwire and see if I could find an equally nice hotel for a lower price. To my amazement I was able to book a hotel for $60.00 a night! When I got the confirmation.... Anatole all the way baby!!!

Great hotel, clean, nice staff, parking your cars is extra!!

Will certainly visit again. Will again try Hotwire for a great deal!!

Very comfortable room, with a couple of drawbacks...

by TripAdvisor Member rossbo1

For the price I got off of Hotwire ($79), my stay last night was a bargain, but beware the incompetent staff at the front desk: two young men in training finally had to get a supervisor to handle my PREPAID reservation. It also seemed that they were incredibly shy and could not/would not communicate with me, though the other workers were all outgoing and friendly. The duration of my ordeal? 15 minutes. I stayed in an older tower room, which was very quiet and spacious. Beds are very comfortable with down pillows. The bathrooms are large with double sinks and a countertop 8-9' wide. Beware the $12.95/day self-parking charge. With the amount of empty surface parking I saw, this is a rip-off, though at the rate I got and the proximity to downtown (2-3 minutes by car), I will go back.

Mediocre at best

by TripAdvisor Member nitebird

Nothing special- the check-in clerk was indifferent that we were there. Request a room that is NOT in the tower or be prepared to walk further than you will at any hotel in Las Vegas! Room was clean but very average. Could use a remodel. Like others have said, expect large groups. We were there at the same time as a huge group of junior high cheerleaders. there are better places to stay in Dallas.

Nasty & HOT

This hotel was terrible. We wanted a hotel w/ an indoor pool and are used to staying at really nice hotels. We were paying 400 per night for a suite w/ a king and queen bed. My 8 yr old did have his own room that made him feel special but my husband and I were so uncomfortable. My son's room never got below 75 and ours NEVER below 81!!! The toilet in our room didn't flush and so my husband had to walk BLOCKS to get to the lobby to complain. He called but was on hold FOREVER for the manager. When we first checked in it took at least 20 minutes to get checked in!!! Then we were in the tower and my son wanted to swim and the pool is all the way BLOCKS on the other side... They sent someone up to fix the air that night but it NEVER got fixed. When my husband went down and complained they did discount our room from 400 to 200... Still didn't matter. We were hot and uncomfortable. The queen bed you could feel the springs and our bed wasn't comfortable either. I will NEVER stay there again. The lobby is pretty but they invested ALL the money in that and they need to update the rooms, carpet, blankets, sheets, just everything!

Great for a Conference

by TripAdvisor Member jansendo

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wyndham Anatole for a conference. We have no complaints. The hotel was clean and accommodating to our needs as conference attendees. Check-in was no problem, and the staff seemed interested in our needs. As some of the other reviews have mentioned, there are some interior rooms that would be terrible - no windows. Make sure you request exterior room. Exercise facility is indeed $15 per day or $35 for 3 days. It is nice, they have everything you need. There is also a 1/4 mile running/walking trail on campus that is great. Also, you are not walking distance to anything - so be prepared to rent a car or take a taxi if you want to explore. If there is conference at the Wyndham that you are attending and would like to stay somewhere else, there is a Sheraton Suites within walking distance. Taxi fare from DFW was $35 (two people - tip not included). We also attended a Mavericks game at the American Airlines Center. Taxi fare from Wyndham to West End (we ate then walked to game) was $8.00. Overall we were pleased with our experience.

Very mixed quality at the Anatole

by TripAdvisor Member Heather12

I read a lot of the previous reviews and couldn't figure out why some loved it and some hated it--well now I know why.
I was on a business trip and am a ByRequest member--meaning that they are supposed to have a snack for you on arrival and are supposed to honor your specific room requests. It was obvious that none of the ByRequest things had been done and it took 4 calls over two days with the last being to the manager to get it corrected. It is a large hotel, and there were some really nice elements. My room was in the Atrium tower (not the 27 floor tower), it was very clean, well decorated, and pleasant with a nice view. The bathroom was a little small and I wouldn't rate the bathroom/in room amenities as more than 3 star. TV was 25 inch. Bed was very comfortable.
The most surprising thing was that the hotel food for the convention was much better than I would have expected from a place this big. Pretty nice quality buffet style food. They should have kept breakfast foods warmer though, and overall the entire hotel was pretty cold (very cold airconditioning in the banquet rooms).
I went to the bar at Nana and that was lovely. Exceptional views of the downtown, excellent drinks and live Jazz--of course this is a 5 star restaurant and I expected it to be good.
Overall, the hotel is probably just fine AS LONG AS there aren't any issues or problems that need to be addressed. I think they may be understaffed in terms of room service people and obviously the communication of problems isn't handled well.

Surprised of the average rating, should be worse

I was at the tower of the Anatole Wyndam in room 3177 from April 25th through April 29th for a conference. It was a bad experience from the beginning. During check in at the front desk a number of the conference participants were on the phone (with management?) complaining about lost resevations or check ins. From what I could glean from the conversation they were upset. This should have clued me in to what would happen. That night I was awoken at midnight by the front desk to ask who I was. I was confused and told them that I had checked in that afternoon. The next morning after a run I could not get into my room with the electronic card key. When I got to the front desk I was informed that I had not checked in and would need to provide a credit card and ID. Since everything was in the room this was not possible. The person at the front desk was rude during this fiasco that was obviously their cause and informed me that I would probably have to change rooms since I did not check in. Only after some grumbling did she go out of her way to keep me in the room. When I complained about this situation she informed me that this was not her problem since she was just "filling in".

Other observations:
Dirty and stained carpets
Roaches in my closet
Remote did not work for the TV
Charge of $16/day to use "world class" workout facility (considering everything else I drove the 16 miles to a Golds gym which was really nice)
As mentioned in previous reports the thermostat did not work well in the room (hot) and it was mild that week. During the summer I suspect the rooms are unbearable.
Food/beer are expensive i.e. $5/glass for beer in their sports bar

Overall:
The hotel has great conference facilities for large groups. This is NOT a world class hotel for guests. I would not recommend staying here at all.

Expensive unkempt dirty rooms, rude employees and very expensive food.

Great for price

by TripAdvisor Member lwscrs

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Anatole for one night. We got a rate of $80 (including tax) by using Priceline. For that price, the hotel was great! We arrived several hours before check in and were given immediate access to our room. The room was spacious, although the bathroom was quite small. The room was rather warm, and did not cool off until several hours after we turned the thermostat all the way down. Even then, it was just pleasant, but never cold. My parents had a room at the hotel also and experienced the same thing. Overall, a good experience and we would return for that price!

DFW to Hilton Anatole via Trinity Railway Express

by lucyguajardo

Going to the Quakecon in 2 weeks..me and my husband wanna save some money by using the Railway to get from the DFW airport to the Hilton Anatole hotel.. any suggestion? where to take it, where to get out and how much we will walk to the hotel? We will be having our back packs and computers with us... we can walk but no that much..

Re: DFW to Hilton Anatole via Trinity Railway Express

by Agraichen

If I recall correctly, this used to be the Lowes Anatole and is pretty much in the middle of the Stemmens Freeway. I'd sugges using Super Shuttle for about 19.00 USD as your best mode of transportation. the hotel is located on 45 acres of land and just the entrance can take a bit of time if you're walking, which is not advised since most of the roads are high speed freeways.

Re: DFW to Hilton Anatole via Trinity Railway Express

by lucyguajardo

Thank you.. i checked super shuttle and i got a good price with an online coupon.. 30 dlls for both one way :D

Comments