Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas

6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, Texas, 75240, United States
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Dallas

Fireplace on a cold night and it was xmas time!Fireplace on a cold night and it was xmas time!

OutsideOutside

If you're coming from the South take this exit!!If you're coming from the South take this exit!!

Mmm I love me a big Margarita!Mmm I love me a big Margarita!

Looks like I'm coming to Dallas

by Kacky

Hey Everybody (especially those of you who live in the Dallas area),

It looks as if I might be moving that way, so I was hoping I might be able to gather some insight from the locals there. So far it is just me (single white female, 25 years old) and Jack (single yellow male, 60 lbs with 4 legs!). We walk everyday and he loves the park/water. I love being able to walk to find food, shopping, activities, coffee, etc...Therein lies my question. I have done a great deal of research on the city and there seems to be a ton of different areas to live, but without knowing what surrounds these areas...I am at a loss. I will mainly be working from home, therefore traffic is not such an issue. I would like to be in a safe area with other young people who share these same interests. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

RE: Looks like I'm coming to Dallas

by elise_crash

The main factor is going to be how much money you are looking to spend. And, do you want to rent or buy? If you are working from home, I guess your exact location doesn't exactly matter. But, are you generally more of a city person or a suburb kind of person? Aside from being close to the necessities, what kinds of things do you liek to do... movies, art, concerts, etc?

RE: Looks like I'm coming to Dallas

by reyescd

Hi,

If you are a pretty type person, prefer the finer things in life so to speak and have the money to back you up, Addison would be a perfect location for you. It's close to downtown, close to lots of shopping, eating, drinking, etc.

If you prefer to be directly in the city, you might want to consider "Uptown" which is in downtown Dallas but mainly hi-rise living, etc although there are parks and etc for outside activities. Very expensive area.

Plano and Arlington would both be good choices as well. Plano being the nicer but also pricier area. Closer to the suburbs, lots of everything to do. Arlington has LOTS of college students, crazy traffic, lower cost of living as far as apartments, etc. All of these are actually located within the city.

If you prefer the suburbs, my daughter really loves Denton! Outside of Dallas city limits, about 45 min from downtown. Small little college town. Very laid back and old timey looking.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions if you want to email me. I have two daughters here 23 & 26 so I guess you could say that I'm pretty in touch with the likes and dislikes at this age! I'm also a native Texan so not only do I know about Dallas but lots of other areas.

Carol

Travel Tips for Dallas

Horse racing at Lone Star Park

by Kodi01

Lone Star Park has thorobred horse racing and it is located in the city of Grand Prarie not too far from Dallas. Watching and feeling the ground shake under my feet as I was at the finishing line for the Quarter horse races.

My fondest memory was losing my money, just like in Las Vegas. But, it is very much fun.

Inside the Tepee

by keeweechic

Three of the strongest poles are made into a tripod and tied together a little higher than the height of the cover. The rest of the poles are then placed against the tripod, which forms a cone for the canvas covering and these are all lashed together with rope. The cover is then pulled around the framework and fastened together at the overlap.

If you are looking for a good...

by lars_m

If you are looking for a good place to go jogging or walking in Dallas check out White Rock Lake. I have travelled to Dallas several times on business and have enjoyed running at the lake.

Check out http://www.cccd.org/

Lone Star Park

by btex

Lone Star Park - it's a horse racing facility in the town of Grand Prairie (again between Dallas and Ft. Worth.) The first time I went I had beginner's luck and came out on top. But, my luck ran out on the several times that I returned - which made me not think too highly of betting anymore. Yet, it's a nice track and a good time.

Club Blue

by kd_baby about Club Blue

Although I haven't been to all of the hotspots in the D/FW (yet), Club Blue is very high on my list. The girls that show up at this club are just...caliente (esp. the "Latin" nights and the "Asian" nights)! The DJs play a decent spin, and the dance floor is huge. If you find a good bartender the drinks will be pretty good. Basically, if you're young and want to show out, this is definitely one of the places to do it in D-Town.

One thing to keep in mind though...they're starting to frisk everyone before they enter the club, and that's never a good sign. As far as I could tell, the dress code is casual. No jeans, sneakers, jerseys, etc. As with most places catered towards young people, the good looking women get in free and can wear dang near anything (or very little) as long as it's done in a tasteful manner.

Comments