Homestead Studio Suites Dallas - North - Park Central

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Coit Road
Booking.com Ext. Stay America Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Dallas

Liz and I hanging at the Admiral's Club (Jan 2011)Liz and I hanging at the Admiral's Club (Jan 2011)

Cascading WaterfallCascading Waterfall

African Village Restaurant - InsideAfrican Village Restaurant - Inside

The Sullivan HouseThe Sullivan House

Hungry Newbie

by mike00151

Hello
I recently moved to Dallas from Louisiana. There seem to be many, many steak places, but not so much for seafood. I like all you can eat type places - catfish, shrimp, oysters - fried, of course. Are there any seafood buffet places in Dallas? (North and West mainly, but I will drive far for good food.)
Thanks
Mike

Re: Hungry Newbie

by mccalpin

For authentic New Orleans Cajun, you might look at Dodie's (http://www.dodiestexas.com/) - there are 4 locations around the Dallas area.

I have only been the the Dallas one...one of our employees many years was the girl friend of one of the family, and she, being from New Orleans, had the most bizaare accent, because she was New Orleans Irish - so her accent was a cross of Boston Irish and Cajun...

Bill

Re: Hungry Newbie

by kenstan

My daughter lives in Dallas and theres a place directly across from the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium I'm not sure of the name but they have fried fish shrimp oysters catfish etc and its great.Its the only seafood place there can't miss it, its a old shack on the main rd.Its not a buffet but cheap and big portions

Travel Tips for Dallas

Visit the sixth floor, please...

by gwpjr7

Visit the sixth floor, please ignore my JFK re enactment as I drive by. I take the same route sometimes. Also check out Deep Ellum which used to be strictly for punks like me, now a tourist mecca full of upscale shops and a couple of self proclaimed dive bars among other more expensive velvet rope clubs. The music scene is incredible! When living elsewhere, I miss seeing the Reverend Horton Heat (hometown hero) on a regular basis.

Drive Friendly :)

by Mighty

Texas is the only State that I know of where the State Department of Transportation has spent good money to put up trafic signs that say Drive Freindly. But they have a good reason. In Texas things are either Freindly or Unfreindly, and you don't want any part of the Unfreindly so make an effort to be nice. We do.

American Airlines Center

by ATXtraveler

The American Airlines Center is the marquee location to watch multiple different entertainment events, including the Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, NCAA College Basketball, Music Concerts, the Circus, and many others.

If you attend an event in this center, you will quickly learn there are no bad seats in the house. The entire center has great sight lines, and if you are lucky enough to sit in the luxury suites, there is ample room to stretch out or still sit down in a game time seating configuration.

The AA Center has plenty of refreshment options, although they are a bit pricy, so I would recommend stopping by one of the many restaurants prior to entering the arena.

Parking is fairly easy, as there are lots all around the arena area. You can expect to pay $5-40 USD for parking depending on how close to the venue you get. One option is the platinum parking, which runs about $20 per event, but is right next to the entrance. Also, public transportation is easily available, as Victory Station is directly adjacent to the arena. In my opinion it is actually easier for someone from Ft. Worth to take the train to an event than it is for someone to drive for 10 miles away!

Irving

by grandmaR

I went to Irving and Las Colinas, and Mandalay Canal when I was in the area in 1997. I was particularly impressed with the Mustangs of Las Colinas. Los Colinas is a planned development where the sculptures are displayed. It consists of high-rise office towers, retail centers, upscale residences and apartment complexes, and golf courses in Irving TX. Irving also has Texas Stadium (where the Cowboys play,) the Movie Studios at Las Colinas and more.

When we visited in 2006, we got to see the Los Colinas Mustang (free) museum, and also we took a ride on the elevated rail line.

Dallas Art Exhibit and Gallery

by VeronicaG about Gerald Peters Gallery

We first discovered Gerald Peters Gallery when we visited their spacious showroom to see the 'Defining the West' exhibit. It featured such artists as Frederic Remington, Ansel Adams and others.

One painting offered a serene scene of a crystalline lake edged by trees in myriad colors of green with a small boat at its center. After catching the attention of someone, we asked the price...it was six figures. Ok, moving along...

We continued our viewing, including paintings of Southwest scenes and other portrayals of the Old West. It was a wonderful collection of traditional pieces, which would certainly make a wise and wonderful investment towards one's future.

Gerald Peters has galleries in New York City (Upper East Side) and Santa Fe at 1011 Paseo de Peralta. Maybe we'll stop by on our next visit to New Mexico.

Hours are Tues.-Fri. 10am-6pm; Sat. 10am-5 pm or by appointment. Repeat: it's an investment!

Comments