3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1933 Main St., (formerly Holiday Inn Dallas Aristocrat), Dallas, Texas, 75201, United States

HotelIndigo.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

The Aristocrat Hotel

The Aristocrat is one of the Holiday Inn chain of hotels and has been beautifully restored into a nationally registered landmark. The building was first constructed in 1925 by Conrad Hilton who operated one of the two earliest hotel chains in the state, this was the first to bear his name. The hotel has operated continuously a hotel since its opening although for 35 years it was named White Plaza hotel. The hotel has 172 rooms, mostly suites and is just a short walk from The West End, JFK Memorial, Neiman Marcus, Dallas Museum of Art and the Majestic Theatre

More about Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown

Wonderful Stay at Hotel Indigo

by TripAdvisor Member KhakisMom

One of the original Hilton Hotels, the beautifully updated Hotel Indigo was everything we imagined it might be. I brought my husband here for his birthday, and my expectations were met and exceeded. The room (we had a suite) was wonderfully appointed, the bed was very comfortable, and all of the extras were perfect. Upon check-in, we were given a voucher for a complimentary breakfast for two and one for a free drink from the bar. The place was close to perfect for us. And I learned about it on Trip Advisor!

Great location in Downtown

by TripAdvisor Member travel4workAA

Hotel Indigo is nice and refurbished. Tropical destination in downtown Dallas. Great rooms. Great food. The bath smelled a bit like mold, but was very clean. The top floor is the quitest. Ask for a suite or a room that does not have a connection room.

Clean, comfortable and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Blaize76

I really enjoy the Hotel Indigo brand. There calm, beachy feel offer a welcome respite when traveling. The Dallas Hotel Indigo is close to hitting the mark with hardwood floors, colorful wall paper and free standing bathroom fixtures. The biggest downfall was no way to play music. The other hotels I have stayed at offer a cd player with a soundtrack and a beach fragrance. This hotel had an alarm clock and that is it.

The food at the restaurant was good and their lounge was comfortable and funky. The free WiFi was great as well. If and when my travels take me to Downtown Dallas this hotel will definetly be on my short list.

Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member johnnyboy73

This was my first stay at an Indigo, and it was excellent. Hotel was very clean & comfortable. Staff was really great - anything you needed! Will stay again when I visit dallas

So-So Experience for What Is Advertised

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerTexas51

I was booked into this hotel by an employer, so I did not pay for the stay myself. I did tell the employer about the following things I thought they should know about, since they pay such a premium price for the rooms.

The lamp between the two beds did not work when I tried to turn it on; then, it shot sparks from the back of it at the base where the cord entered. Maintenance did arrive shortly and replace this lamp with another one.

The plug next to the sink/above the vanity was partially hanging from the wall.

The parking was misrepresented by the front desk attendant, and turned out to be more expensive than I was told.

BUT, the rooms themselves are beautifully decorated and well-arranged; the color scheme is very soothing, and the BEDS!! I have never, in years of travelling, to include overseas, had a bed as soft, comfortable, and well-appointed as this one!! Also, I appreciate the hotel's committment to being 'earth-friendly' in asking patrons to re-use their towels instead of having fresh towels and sheets placed every day; what a novel idea, and one that other hotels could take notice of.

I had one other problem that I will not talk about here, involving the integrity of the employees. But overall, I DID enjoy the stay immensly.

I love the Indigo

by TripAdvisor Member krisiree

I stayed at the Indigo last May and I loved it. I thought the art deco style of the lounge and rooms and even the hallways were amazing. I felt extremely comfortable and the rooms were very clean. I've been to many nice hotels that are more than twice the price of a night stay at the Indigo and none of them in my opinion are as nice. I'm planning to go back to the Indigo the end of this month with some friends, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Great place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member weslbs29

This was a great hotel! It was super clean and had very nice people. We were in Dallas for the Dave Mathews concert & got in to the room late... The 12:00 check out was very nice. The bed was very very comfortable! Best bed I have had in a hotel!! I would recommend this place 100%.

overall good experience

by TripAdvisor Member crazygifted

Very nice hotel. Very friendly staff. Take advantage of the shuttle service offered. It was very helpful. We never had to wait long for them to take us someplace. Staff was also very nice in making recomendations on a place to dine. Hotel was very nicely decorated. I loved the blueberries on the wall in our room. Only two drawbacks. Our room was on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel. There was lots of noise from the cars passing out front in the morning and early evening. Also I wouldn't recomend walking several blocks away from the hotel. I walked to stores nearby and saw several beggers and people that were acting just plain crazy. Just have the shuttle take you. They were always very nice.

Noisy but ok if you get it cheaply enough

by TripAdvisor Member MarkCWales

I admit that I'm not convinced by the concept -- garish, beach house colours and furniture to match. If you like it, great; if not, all those 'hardwood' floors make your room a big echo chamber that draws in noise from all over. The heavy, old doors bang very loudly and -- of course -- furniture being moved across hardwood would wake the dead. The housekeeping staff don't help -- playing music with the room doors open as they clean and shouting up and down the hallways from 8 am on.

My room was very small and I have a Priority Club platinum card so I'd guess mine was not the worst room. The design is supposed to induce relaxation and maybe it does. Don't bother unpacking: there aren't any drawers or shelves, so you can't. Don't think about working, the old-fashioned wooden chair at the table means you will not be able to sit there for long. Don't worry about keeping up with the world: Fox News is the only news channel they have -- well, the only one I could find and there's no list . Don't worry about the temperature: whatever the buttons say, the air conditioning system does one of two things -- off or blow lots of cold air. The bed's are comfortable, though, and the wifi is super fast

The doormen are brilliant. The front desk staff are friendly but overstretched and not very competent

Overall, if you can find it very cheaply [the woman next to me at check in got it for 89 dollars on Priceline], it's worth thinking about as a base for a weekend out in downtown Dallas. If you really care about work or sleep, not a good choice.

Comments