2332 Leonard St, Dallas, Texas, 75201, United States

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
amextravel.com Tingo.com Hotels.com

• CarSal's Profile Photo

Swanky If you Must!

Close to Downtown Dallas in the Uptown district. Close to lots of tourist attractions.

Unique Quality: It does have a Nice spa, fitness center and restaurant. I will say though, the hotels location is "tight" especially if your driving to it and a very busy 7-11 across the street.

• mls1985's Profile Photo

Dallas's Worst Hotel

Horrible hotel! I stayed there 2 weeks ago with friends and thought the hotel seemed like a fun place to stay. Boy was the web site misleading! To sum it up: Tacky accommodations, young inexperienced staff and snobby girls in the Spa! Overpriced for what you get (I paid a $229 rate). And they need to renovate.

The people that hang out there are Dallas trash, $30k millionaires trying to be seen. Fun if you like to people watch and make fun of them.

Unique Quality: The only good thing is the location in Uptown dallas.

Directions: Uptown area

• ccarneval's Profile Photo

Hipist new Hotel

Located conviently in Uptown, near downtown. Rooms all have themes, lushly decorated.Packages are priced right.

Unique Quality: Pool is small but elegant. The dragonfly restaurant located inside hotel, and is very good.

Directions: Uptown area, off McKinney avenue. Close to museum district.

More about Hotel ZaZa

Disappointed in ZaZa

Went to Hotel ZaZa for a weekend birthday getaway. We were disappointed by the leftover room service food that was in front of our door when we were showed to the room and stayed there until the next morning when I asked that it be removed. The room was small but nicely decorated. We ate at the Dragonfly and the food was excellent but the service was not. We waited 20 minutes to order a drink by the pool just to be told they did not have the bottle of wine we ordered. Took another 20 minutes to get receive our second choice of wine. Accidentally left several new clothes (tags still on) in a drawer in the room. First time we called the said they would return our call. Second time they said it wasn't logged by housekeeping so they didn't have it. All in all I would say skip the ZaZa and stay at another of Dallas's luxury hotels.

Tacky and classless

by TripAdvisor Member JonesinMaine

Hotel ZaZa markets itself as a luxury hotel, but they display tacky thong underwear in the lobby for sale and display many "shagging" references throughout the hotel - not the picture of luxury or class in my book. Poor check-in service - room not ready until almost 4 p.m. when check in was supposed to be 3 p.m. Overrated and overpriced.

One of the nicest places I've ever stayed

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Zaza and I was thoroughly impressed with the SERVICE! Yes, it is very posh and swanky, but that doesn't mean that the stay was bad. The restaurant served great breakfast and our waiter was outstanding. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL and the concierge was helpful and very accomodating. I definitely recommend this place to anyone. Worth the price.

A true oasis in Texas...

by TripAdvisor Member Josi2006

I strongly recommend Hotel Zaza if you are business or pleasure! I recently stayed there on a quick stop traveling to the UK. I felt no need to leave the property (except of dinner at a wonderful place recommended by the conceirge. After a week of crazy travel and holiday, it was the best way to unwind. The pool is amazing - not large - but well set up and decorated. The right level of fun and relaxation. Bar service to your deck chairs whether is a water with lemon or a bottle of bubbly. The in-hotel food and bar rival that of NYC or London. The rooms were very well designed, the beds incredibly comfortable and I loved the toiletries. The staff were warm and helpful. Not invasive but willing to make your stay the best it could be. The spa looked great - didn't manage to sneak that in between my hectic hours poolside but definitely would if I had another day. We did stay mid-week so it was quieter than normal but I would definitely go back at any point.

Note: I have never posted a review before but often use this website to check out place. But I like Hotel Zaza so much that I felt I should contribute!

Not gaga for zaza

by TripAdvisor Member Calitraveler11

In summary, if you want to stay someplace hip and aren't all that concerned about the level of service, I recommend Hotel ZaZa. Having stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in the US and abroad I would rate my overall experience a 3 star with random 4 or 5 star service at times.

After a few of my friends and co-workers who live in Dallas said that Hotel ZaZa was all the rage in Dallas, a friend and I decided to book a two night stay there on a recent trip to check it out. To me the hotel had the feel of a W Hotel but the interior design was much more unique. The entire hotel reminded me of a hip-eclectic bar. That is where you will either appreciate or not the look of this place. I thought that if I was in my twenties and into the club scene this would seem like the coolest place on earth. Things like a "shag bag" and teeth whitener in the mini bar selections were good chuckles for me, and the candy bar on my bed at night instead of a chocolate mint was fun (even though I didn't eat it). While the stay was entertaining at times, I will not stay there again. Seeing it once was enough. If the service had been consistently better, I might choose to "Stay ZaZa" again just so I can hang out at the pool. The location is also great.

If you want details on the service we experienced, read on. I found the service to be hit and miss and mostly miss. The restaurant service for a Saturday lunch was mediocre at best. The waiters were nice but they had too many large tables and not enough wait staff. (It seems the locals love the restaurant for birthday parties and bridal showers.) The service was slow and when the waiter was at your table you felt like you better tell him what you need fast or he will be gone. Check-in was probably the worst experience. When my friend gave the gentleman at the front counter her name, he got her first name wrong, and when she corrected him, he said, "close enough." The bellhop that took our bags to our room did not orient us to our room or the hotel - he actually did not speak to us at all. He was practically running out the door when we called him back for his tip. Why did we do that? We would have loved to have known that coffee and tea is set up each morning outside of the elevator bank along with your choice of the NY Times or the Dallas paper. I only figured this out when I noticed the coffee bar after returning from the pool bar our second morning for $3 old fashioned coffees (not including tip). In the workout facility, they try to provide you with cold water, but the first morning the stainless steel bowl with ice was empty, and the second morning there was bottled water but no ice. Our maid did not refill our soap, shampoo or lotion for our second night, which I thought was standard in a hotel of this caliber. They provided only one (torn) robe in a room with two double beds. Our check-out was pleasant and easy. I thought the valet service was attentive, and they handed us two cold mini bottles of water when we left once and for all, which I thought was a nice touch given the 100 degree heat that day. I just wish I could have gotten that same cold bottle of water after sweating it a bit in the gym.

Weird not Whimsical Design

by TripAdvisor Member Aurora100

Hotel Za Za is a modern boutique hotel that is just trying too hard to be the trendy hotel of the moment in Dallas. I think their hotel web site designs it as a “whimsical” hotel. It definitely does not like your average cookie-cutter hotel chain. Normally, this is a good thing, in my opinion. I’ve stayed in many boutique hotels that I’ve really enjoyed. However, the interior design of this hotel is just plain weird and really doesn’t work. Everything is on the dark side, particularly the elevators. The artwork, throughout the hotel is bizarre, especially the creepy statues you see when you the elevators doors open.

On a positive side, the rooms were comfortable and large. They had a flat screen TV (although the quality of the TV and channel selection was so-so). The gym was ok and offered free bottled water. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was delicious and for some reason it was complementary. However, the dinner at the restaurant was too upscale and fancy for my tastes. After a long day of working and traveling, I wanted something more casual. I highly recommend Trulocks, a steak and seafood place, right across the street from the hotel.

The best thing about this hotel was the location. It’s close to downtown, but located in a nice area with lots of restaurants. It’s pleasant to walk around, and if you have a business meeting downtown, you really don’t need a car.

However, I (or rather my company) paid close to $300 to stay in this hotel, and it is clearly not worth it, especially for a lower priced city such as Dallas. For that amount of money, my guess is that you can do better elsewhere in this city.

Hotel Zaza & Dragonfly NightclubHotel Zaza & Dragonfly Nightclub

1-2 nights in Dallas

by JennET

My friend and I will be coming to Dallas for a 1 to 2 night stay. We are looking for an area with a nice hotel that has great restauants, bars, and clubs within walking distance. Nothing too crazy, just a nice few nights out on the town.

by scott_dallas

Jenn,

The one area that would fit your description would be the Uptown area. I do not know how familiar you are with Dallas, but it is the area just north of downtown centered along McKinney Avenue. Depending on your budget the hotels may be out of your price range as they are generally of the 4 to 5 star variety, especially in price. Hotel ZaZa is well located for walking to some good restaurants and bars, and in fact its restaurant/bar, Dragonfly, is rather popular. Especially in the summer out by the pool. I have had a couple of friends stay there.

If you are looking for something a little more moderately priced, I think you can maybe find something in the Downtown or Market Hall ( along I-35E just Northwest of Downtown ) areas. These would be a short cab ride from Uptown, Knox-Henderson, Lower Greenville, and Deep Ellum, There are a few restaurants and bars scattered about downtown but not the greatest area for walking at night in my opinion.

Is the purpose of your stay primarily business or to go out on the town? While nightlife in Dallas is pretty good, it is really not a pedestrian friendly city.

Have fun,
Scott

by lanew1

The Magnolia, downtown. can't go wrong. enjoy your stay in my former hometown.
lane

by lanew1

one more consideration...the "new" W Hotel..I've heard nothing but wonderful things...especially about the "Ghost Bar" and the pool on the roof. If you want to hang w/some true Dallasites as well as the interlopers...give it a try. Nice spa as well.
lane

Have you been at Alla's Romantic Bed and Breakfast In Dallas? www.allasbnb.com

by yasuzuki

Please visit this site to get an edea where to spend a romantic night with your gilfriend.
www.allasbnb.com