15201 Dallas Parkway, Addison, Texas, 75001, United States

Expedia.com IHG Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• mandt0413's Profile Photo

Great Service and Suite

Arrived after a very long flight from Australia. Whilst Intercontinental is a long way from the airport; so is everything.....The hotel is stylish and well appointed. Met at the door and escorted to the reception. As a gold ambassador member we had an upgraded room to suite. Sad to say that some IHG facilities (Crowne New Orleans) don't seem to meet this obligation. Very important to paying members and the reason why we join the ambassador program.

The suite was wonderful and we slept exceptionally well. The staff in the Lounge were welcoming and very friendly. They went to extremes to communicate with us about a range of local issues and were able to give us some insight to dining options and shopping. In particular we found Kunal to be very good, intelligent and a wealth of information. It is said that staff are the most important asset for any large organisation; this is certainly the case for the Intercontinental group with Kunal a proud employee. Well done Intercontinental and thanks.

Unique Quality: Very welcoming and warm. Close to some great shopping experiences.

Directions: Shopping and business

More about InterContinental Dallas

Be firm with the front desk staff

by TripAdvisor Member Artemis02

I stayed at the Intercontinental Dallas for two nights in May for a large business conference. My room was reserved at the conference rate of $130 per night and I reserved about six weeks in advance. When I arrived just before 9pm, the front desk clerk rudely told me that despite the confirmation for a non-smoking room that I was holding in my hand, they only had smoking rooms remaining. I have severe allergies and asthma and stated that this was unacceptable. The employee let out an annoyed sigh and stomped off, returning about ten minutes later to proclaim that she would upgrade me to a non-smoking king bedroom suite for free. This was said as if she was doing me a HUGE favor... providing me with the nonsmoking room I had reserved was apparently going way above and beyond the call of duty.

The room I was given was fine. Certainly not 5-star (and seemed even worse since I had stayed at a lovely Sofitel property just the week before), but it was clean. However there were a few concerns: the cleaning staff will not replace half-used or even mostly-used toiletries if you are the beneficiary of a complimentary upgrade and the turndown service will not occur for this same reason. In fact, you are treated as a second class citizen by all the hotel staff.

Finally, if attending a conference I suggest dressing in layers as best you can in business attire. Some of the rooms were boiling hot while others were freezing. The food is mediocre at best and the waitstaff do not speak English. If you don't want your salad doused with goopy mystery dressing you must guard it as they will grab it and pour it on without even asking if you want it.

Quiet, competent, quality

by TripAdvisor Member Marge246

Stayed at the Intercontinental for a conference, on the Concierge floor. All as expected in the clean, comfortable room. Pillow-top mattress and plenty of pillows as expected in a hotel of this quality. Room was clean, housekeeping came promptly every day. The housekeeping staff did one thing that is a pet peeve of mine - they changed the radio station from the public radio station I'd selected (which is hard to find on the dial) back to the classical music station they use for turndown service. This is so vexing, but obviously they've been trained to do it. Nice bath amenities. Shower curtain rod curved out - yay!Fresh orchid in the bathroom.

Plenty of service staff in all public areas, restaurant, bar - food and beverage very solid. I ordered room service breakfast and asked for a couple of special things (eg: 2 egg omlette instead of 3, skim milk, salsa on the side) which usually most hotels mess up in some way, but it came within 20 minutes exactly as ordered. The cost was extremely reasonable for room service in a hotel of this quality.

Also, many, many great restaurants within walking distance plus the Dallas Galleria shopping mall across the street.

Business center was outsourced but the costs were not outrageous as they are in some hotels - $2.99 access fee and 60 cents a minute (it's much worse other places).

Service was uniformly cheerful and efficient.

Nice hotel.

Nice hotel, nice bathroom amenities, nice staff. They had sold out the room I reserved and got me an upgrade, which was gret because we got one of the renovated rooms. Good location, right off the toll road.

Not up to the Intercontinental reputation

I read most of the reviews at TripAdvisor after booking this hotel through Hotwire for about 65$. Thank goodness for the reviews here!!! The unpleasant experiences shared at TripAdvisor alerted us to the pitfalls of this hotel and we sidestepped some potential disappointments. This review is geared towards average income families looking for a bargain-but-nice vacation experience. HOTEL EXTERIOR: Nice looking, we arrived early for check in (about 2pm), and there was plenty of self parking. HOTEL INTERIOR: Attractive, though somewhat abandoned. Large cavernous spaces with few people using them. The large lounge area was out of date, with mauve and burgandy decor. ABOVE ALL READ THIS PART: Thanks to the reviews here I specified at check in that I *wanted a remodeled room*. The clerk said I was *not* booked for a remodeled room. I gave him a long look and said "I strongly prefer a remodeled room" (Thank You TripAdvisor!). He said there was a 15$ fee. I said "15$ more just to have a room that you have remodeled?". I just stared at him. He finally relented and said he would waive the fee and give us a remodeled room. I give this hotel points for accomodating a guest with a free upgrade. THE REMODELED ROOM: It was indeed new-ish feeling, with up-to-date decor. The toiletries were 4 star, nice quality. Downdside? This hotel is catering to *the business traveler*. Vacationers may be disappointed. The room is dominated by business features~a giant desk, bathroom phone, etc. I shudder to think what a disappointment anything less (read, an old room) would have been with a 4 star rating. The room was nice, but definitely the least a guest at this hotel should expect. AMENITIES: The mid-roof tennis court was fun to use but very worn down. Faded court and nets missing. Plus side~free tennis supplies upon request. Outdoor only pool (not rooftop). Large work out area with two indoor racketball courts. WATCH THE CHARGES: Internet and local calls are *not* free. OVERALL: Nice for the business traveler, and nice for anyone who can hotwire it for less than 70$. You won't be disappointed if you underpay. Walk ins be warned~I would not pay 150$ for this experience.

Variety in the rooms

by TripAdvisor Member longtimeresident

I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times. Like another reviewer said, it feels tired, with lots of wear and tear. Not up to standards of Intercontinental. BUT it reminds me of flying - there is a big difference between the older rooms and the renovated ones, like the big difference between coach and first class. Now, they often want more for the newer rooms, so I don't know if Hotwire is the ticket to one or not. This renovation has been going on for 1-2 years - I don't know why they are taking so long, and think it is causing some ill will. I have seen Marriott renovate an entire hotel in months. The Marriott nearby is nice but also seems a bit tired too. Addison is not much to brag about either but that's another story....

Nice Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member rossbo1

After being very disappointed in the quality of the "standard" room during my stay in February (old furniture, old bathroom materials, lumpy pillows, etc.), I decided to try The Intercontinental again this month when I got a $64 rate on Hotwire.

This time, I asked for an upgrade to a "Premier" (?) room and actually got it at the same rate. EVERYTHING in this room was brand-new, from the marble, granite and plumbing fixtures* in the bathroom, to the down comforter, pillows, linens, carpet and furniture in the bedroom (* While almost everything was brand-new in the upgraded room, the original 15-year old toilet had not been replaced. It was discolored and chipped, and while perfectly functional, I wondered why the hotel didn't go the extra mile and spend another $200 to also replace it during the re-model).

My only complaint about this room is that the A/C has almost zero adjustability and is FREEZING cold. Something really needs to be done about this...

Summary: Based on this experience, I'll more than likely give The Intercontinetal another try within the next month or so because the Hotwire rate is so low...

Nice Experience, but not worth $100

by TripAdvisor Member StayawayfromtheTante

I got my room through priceline for $65. After reading the other reviews, I knew to spend the $15 to upgrade to the remodeled room. It was a pretty nice hotel, but I wouldn't say it was a 4 star. It's more of a three star. Room was nice, but freezing! The controls in the room don't work. Room service was priced OK, but the food wasn't awesome by any means. They charge for local calls, internet usage, fittness center usage. Basically they charge for everything.

Nothing to complain about

by TripAdvisor Member C_canada

We booked the hotel via Priceline and for $60 a night, can't complain whatsoever.

Room was nice - we were on the 7th floor. Awesome king sized bed with way too many pillows!

Was a bit of the 'cool' temp side - but not unbearable.

The bathroom is a bit 'dated', just particularly around the tub - some tiles are in need of replacement.

The pool is fine - but nothing great - hot tub isn't 'hot' - rather luke warm.

Fitness centre is good - a bit warm, but you're there to sweat anyhow!

Within a 5 min walk, there are a tonne of restaurants on Belt Line, so don't think you have to only eat at the hotel. Only real complaint is there seems to be a lack of pop/vending machines for any late night snacks...

Otherwise, for the price, the quality of the hotel is definitely worth it!

A very nice hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Jeff-and-Barbie

Needing a break from the norm we decided to utilize Priceline in acquiring a hotel in the area and price range that we needed. We ended up with Hotel Intercontinental in Dallas (Addison). Prior to departure we read some of the previous reviews regarding this hotel, and quite frankly we were a bit tentative. None-the-less we struck out for our pre-booked destination and decided to make the best of it. We were not disappointed. The location was easy to access and plenty of parking (except the night of the OU/TX game...it was crouded) but we utilized the parking garage for $5, so it was no big deal. The main lobby and ballroom were cavernous. Our room was attractive and clean and provided a pretty view of the area (we were on the 11th floor). One of the hotel guest's that night of the game got a little roudy and loud, but the hotel staff resolved that quickly and without incident. The hotel is centrally located, with easy access to the Galleria Mall (about 1.5 miles away)...and an added bonus was the MANY and varied restaurants within walking distance. No less than 100...truly! As pleasure travelers we did not utilize alot of the business aspects of hotel, but certainly see the prospects of those needs being met. Normally, we have used the Westin Galleria for our stays, but the cost was prohibitive (over $179 a night)...and this hotel we got for under $100 a night.
At that price I believe it a good value, and would certainly consider returning in the future!

delightful

by TripAdvisor Member Chiartguy

Booked a room here via Priceline and at the desk asked for the rooms in the upgraded section. 11th Floor room was terrific. I will concur that the rooms are chilly but that was my only real issue with my stay. The renovation of my room could not have been more to my liking. Great bed, great lamps, great space, nice art on the walls (not so commercial looking like most hotels). Marble baths with thick granite counter. Neutrogena soaps. Comfy furniture and nice desk. If I hadn't booked Priceline, I think I'd still be pleased with the full price listing of 109 on the website for this period. It's also right on the tollway and near tons of great dining options. Soon, I think they'll update the lobby as it is a bit dated but certainly fine and comfortable. Friendly checkin. Good choice.

Comments