La Quinta Inn Dallas Cityplace

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Dallas

Dallas ZooDallas Zoo

borrowed from websiteborrowed from website

Freemans Clothing - Store FrontFreemans Clothing - Store Front

The Saloon and Blum Bros. General StoreThe Saloon and Blum Bros. General Store

Dallas Zoo or the Fort Worth Zoo

by paykrahn

I am going to be in Dallas in August (and I am on a budget), and I was wondering which is the best zoo to see the Dallas or the Ft. Worth. I read your comment, and was wondering if the Ft. Worth Zoo has all the same as Dallas Zoo plus more?

I am trying to plan an itinerary as I will be there for 16 days and only 2 of those days will be at the "Women of Faith" conference.

I want to make it a great holiday on a budget but see and do exciting things.

Thanks for your help.

Trish

by usatravels

Hello

Dallas Zoo approx $9.00 Adult

Fort Worth Zoo approx $11.00 Adult (Wed at Half Price)

I prefer Forth Worth over Dallas, Fort Worth is much nicer; it’s quite similar to San Diego Zoo in some ways. Fort Worth Zoo offers Wednesday’s at half price!

Best wishes

by adawn412

The Fort Worth Zoo is definitely better. As per your other forum posting, you will likely need a rental car for either, as your taxi ride would be cost prohibitive again.

by kenstan

My daughter lives in Dallas and we went to both and the FT Worth zoo is better.Also the Stockyards in Ft Worth is nice.The Bar B Q is worth the trip.Dallas/Ft Worth is big very big and spread out so I would rent a car you can get a small cheap car for 20.00 a day.My daughter lives in Arlington and it always seemed to take forever to get any where and she would always say its just down the street.I would check out the small towns around Dallas very nice glen Rose etc and hour from Dallas your in the country.

by mccalpin

As a resident of the Dallas area (Richardson), I am sorry to say that the Ft. Worth zoo is better...but since you haven't seen either, it may not matter to you ;-)

In my other response to you about your hotel and transportation, I noted that there is a DART rail station at the Dallas Zoo. Ft. Worth's "T" system does not have light rail (yet - they were just over this week touring the DART rail stations to see how they like them), so to get to the Ft. Worth zoo by public transportation would require buses...I assume it's possible, but you'll have to do some figuring on the various websites to find out how.

Oh, once you're over in Ft. Worth, there is a museum district north of the zoo (a looong walk, or short drive by car) where there is the Kimball Art Museum, among others. I hate to say it, but the Kimball is better than the Dallas Museum of Art (of which I have been a member for 20 years(?))...but as I noted earlier, there a DART rail stop not far from the DMA, which will help you a lot. Besides, the DMA has had some really good visiting shows this year - take at look at their website...http://dallasmuseumofart.org/Dallas_Museum_of_Art/index.htm
Too bad you'll miss King Tut...

Bill

Travel Tips for Dallas

Dallas Tip

by fabrice

I arrived with my wife at the airport,we travelled by taxi to our motel in arlington(very far,about 20 kms);the next day,we gave 20$ to the boss(who was from gujarat,india) to drive us back to dallas downtown;the boss asked me:
you have no car?
I said:no,I have no driving licence;
he answered:no need,look,it's easy to drive...

Dallas is the eighth-largest...

by Cherie_J

Dallas is the eighth-largest city in the United States, yet it has more restaurants and more shops per capita than New York. It combines the traditional flavour of the Southwest with the sophisticated, contemporary corporate and cultural amenities of one of the country's key business centres.

Local culture and customs

Dallas is a sophisticated city where you will see designer clothes alongside casual clothing, much like the rest of the country.
When Texans say 'Barbecue' they mean grilled meat with a spicy sauce slowly cooked on an outdoor grill.
A night out for authentic Tex-Mex cuisine is a favourite pastime, especially when accompanied by a frozen Margarita – a tequila-based cocktail.
Dallas Cowboy football games at Texas Stadium are an all-day social affair, beginning with brunch and often concluding late in the evening with dinner.
Locals enjoy a variety of year-round outdoor activities, from sports events to water sports, running, hiking and golf – taking advantage of the area's naturally temperate climate.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA!!!!!!!

by msbrandysue

One of the best teams around (and most talked about) is the Dallas Mavericks! Since Mark Cuban came along and hired Avery we have been climbing the charts. Although this past seasons 2007 was a huge disappointment I think we'll get our chance as the champs soon enough.

They play their home games at the American Airlines Center towards downtown. Parking costs about $30 extra if you park there. You need some blue and white and some strong vocal cords!

Many cities close to Dallas are off my beaten trak

by Kodi01

Arlington has 6 Flags Amusement Park

Irving has horse races.

Fort Worth and the cowboys.

Crawford Ranch has George W Bush and his ranch. (hehe)

SouthFork Ranch and JR and much more.

Sports teams like Dallas Cowboys, Mavericks and Stars.

Please visit my other pages of Texas for more information. There is so much more to Texas. :o)

Live Music Venue's

by geanster about DEEP ELLUM

Dallas is an amazing place for some small cozy live music venue's. Some of my favorite's are in Deep Ellum. It's kind of a younger area, but when good music is involved, age is no object. It's also become a little more ghetto-ish in the last year or so, but it seems the police are trying to crack down and maintain a safe atmosphere there.

Keep in mind, this hasn't kept me from eating or seeing shows in the area. There is usually a large police presence during the busy hours there and the only situation I might feel uneasy in is if I parked down a dark secluded alley-way somewhere and had to hike to the clubs.

Deep Ellum boasts not only some of the greatest small music venue's such as Gypsy Tea Room, but also events such as The Deep Ellum Art's Festival and The Deep Ellum Film Festival which draws a hip crowd each year. Also, some of the coolest lofts and apartment's in Dallas can be found in this area. Interesting historical information:

Deep Ellum is an entertainment and arts district on Elm Street east of downtown Dallas in Dallas County. The area was settled as a "freedmens' town" by former slaves after the Civil War; its location on Elm Street, just east of the Houston and Texas Central tracks near the depot, was too far from downtown Dallas to be desirable. The area was called Deep Elm or, as early residents pronounced it, "Deep Ellum."

This information was found on found @ http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/view/DD/hpd1.html

Comments