Dallas Hotels

Our Members Say

• mbachakam profile photo mbachakam
  • Reviews: 8

Hyatt Summerfield Uptown: best place to stay in dallas

Hyatt Summerfield Uptown: This is an best place I like to stay. You can enjoy a lot here. located next to American Airlines Center and offers an ideal location from which to explore chic Dallas restaurants, exceptional shopping and exciting activities. There are a lot of things to do. You can take a car to visit anywhere. There are many other also but I like it.
Best of luck.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 22, 2011

• Over60 profile photo Over60
  • Reviews: 136

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Super 8 Irving/DFW Airport: Not a Good Choice

I spent one night here in March, 2011 and cannot recommend this motel to others. Despite several calls and repeated promises, it was well over an hour between the time I called the motel and the time the shuttle service arrived at the airport. It seems that rather than having their own van, they subcontract to an operator who also works for others. My room was dingy, and the carpet was ragged and very dirty. The bedspread was faded and looked dirty. One does not expect luxury at a Super 8, but other locations I have patronized offered good service and reasonable maintenance and cleanliness. This one did not.

none

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 27, 2011

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5413

Grand Hyatt- DFW: Incredible Stay on DFW Property

The Grand Hyatt is one of the Hyatt Hotels on DFW property. After one of our flights cancelled due to mechanical problems we had to spend the night in Dallas. I had always wanted to check this Hotel out and now I had the chance.

We walked through the terminal following the signs for the Hyatt. We then found the escalator to the Hotel's lobby. The front desk was very friendly and Rebekah found us a nice room at a AAA rate of $219; a good price to me for on property. Our room was a nice corner room and to my surprise it was very large.

The room had the usual: king bed, desk, mini bar, dresser, closet, desk, chair and bathroom. The bathroom to me was the best part of the room with a large bathtub, steam shower with rainfall shower head an a large vanity. The robes that were provided were very nice and plush. The bed was extremely comfortable and provided a excellent and restful night's sleep before our early morning flight out of Dallas.

To me the location and room quality make this an excellent choice if you need a post or pre flight hotel here. I will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

**Just a side note: Despite the hotel being on airport property; we never heard any outside noise. Not a single plane taking off or landing.**

I loved the large bathroom especially the shower.

• Written January 9, 2011
Tip Photo

The comfortable bed (January 2011)

• SunnyIsle profile photo SunnyIsle
  • Reviews: 110

Gaylord Hotel: Big and Grandioso

The rooms were simple having the basics for a Business trip. There is an iron. Water is provided daily in bottles. Internet service is available.

The lobby area is fantastic- chimneys that reminds you of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire".

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 7, 2010

• Gypsystravels profile photo Gypsystravels
  • Reviews: 3266

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport South: Excellent Hotel compliments of American Airlines

I've stayed at this hotel twice and not by choice. The first time I stayed here was due to the a Nor'easter in February of 2006 which cancelled all flights from Chicago to New York and we were re-routed to Dallas (upon arrival, flights from Dallas were also cancelled). My second stay was also due to inclement weather, this time in June 2008 on my way to California.

The hotel is about a 5 or 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport which makes it an ideal place to stay if you have an early morning flight.

I can actually say that this happens to be one of the nicest complimentary hotels I have ever stayed in. We all arrived on the shuttle bus from Dallas and were given some really nice rooms.

On both of my stays, the room was a nice king room with a large armour, comfy couch and a nice bathroom, all which made my stay more tolerable (I was upset about the cancelled flights). I also was able to have an excellent night rest, especially the second time when my flight was so, so late that I arrived at the hotel well past midnight. The beds are so comfortable and actually happens to be one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in (except of course the bed at the Gansevoort in Miami, lol).

All complimentary of American Airlines. They hotel had posted the room rate on the door, if I remember correctly this room was at a cost of over $250 per night. Quite nice of American Airlines.

The wonderful large king bed is so, so comfortable. They offer complimentary shuttle to and from the airport about every 1/2 hour. The drive is only about 5 or 10 minutes aways. The rooms are all suite in style, have a nice size bathroom with toiletries, armour with a TV, alarm clock and all the amenities you can ask for in a hotel.

• Written December 17, 2008

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1263

Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center: Always a Pleasant Stay

Not just a hotel, a fully contained biosphere. It could be hot, freezing, windy or raining and you will always be comfortable at this hotel. Even when you think you're outside, you're really not. Restaurants, shops and coffee houses are throughout the complex. This hotel can accomodate convention functions of 5,000+ people (as I attended) such a convention. I don't know where all of them are located but I've stayed at the Gaylord in Nashville, Orlando and now this one.

Comfortable rooms and beautifully landscaped surroundings. Free wireless internet.

See my album on the Gaylord for more pictures

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written February 1, 2008
Tip Photo

• kingbk profile photo kingbk
  • Reviews: 26
Hotels of all choices

When you are in the metroplex, you have a wide variety of choices for hotels. Some are extremely nice and beautiful, while others are your run of the mill low cost lodging. Some of the very nice ones in Dallas include Adams Mark, The Mansion at Turtle Creek, the Westin Galleria and many others. If you want more of a "resort" style feel, you can stay at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. Fort Worth has the Worthington, a beautiful hotel in their downtown Sundance Square. My advice is to stay in Arlington, which is in between both areas, and then visit both cities from there.

• Written May 11, 2007

• TRimer profile photo TRimer
  • Reviews: 955

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Gaylord Texan: Vegas Style Resort in Grapevine

For our recent meeting in Lewisville, my boss decided we should splurge and stay at the Gaylord. Since it was a resort and he was talking about spending more and that we have hosted executives at the resort I was expecting the hotel to be on par with a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. I was very disappointed. The place itself is huge. It consists of several wings of rooms and many, many meeting rooms/ballrooms. There are 7 or so restaurants on the property serving everything from upscale Tex-Mex to a steakhouse (go figure). Some issues I had with the property was the amenities in the rooms. There was a convention of bad haired, interior design women (picture 2,000+ women all dressed in red tops and black pants) many of who were sharing rooms. The room next to me had several people staying in it- and they were loud. I had trouble sleeping the first night. My other issue was for $240+ a night I want certain items in my room - there were no robes, q-tips, mini-bar - and the sheets and towels were not high thread count or fluffy.

You have 2 choices when picking your rooms- inner facing and outer facing. We had outer facing so I had a view of a parking lot and a little bit of the water. It looks like most of the inner rooms had balconies. Since music is played in the courtyard, I am not sure how quiet the innter facing rooms were. Also, from looking in them they appeared much smaller than the outer facing rooms.

One nice feature was the resort offered free internet connection in the rooms. They also have their own fleet of sedans- instead of taxis. It is pricey but you do get driven in a black SUV.

• Written January 30, 2007

• texaslloyd profile photo texaslloyd
  • Reviews: 73

Reunion Tower: Staying in Downtown Dallas

Rotating cocktail lounge and restaurant, makes a 360 degree rotation each hour. Great views at night.

• Written April 6, 2006
Tip Photo

Mom's suprise birthday breakfast.

• TX2007 profile photo TX2007
  • Reviews: 7

Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center: Texas Best

From the moment you pull into valet parking to the time you get to your hotel room door, you know that you are in the grandest hotel in Texas. Greeters in ten gallon hats, dusters, and cowboy boots smile and welcome you to the Gaylord as they rush to get the door before you can think about toughing the handle. Every where you go, you will certainly meet a smiling face. That alone sets this hotel apart from others.

ROOMS
I booked a double for my parents and it was elegantly decorated with lush bed clothes and a scenic view, overlooking Lake Grapevine. There was mini fridge, safe, TV and cd player/radio in the room. I liked the fact that there were paintings on the wall. The rooms, halls and entire hotel are immaculate. Mom loved the bed and couldn't get over how comfortable the mattress was.

FOOD
There is a steakhouse on site and a dress code is upheld. We chose to dine at the more relaxed restaurant where there were various stations: salad bars, dessert bar, fajita bar, meat bar with top round, steamed salmon, roasted chicken, ham, etc. Chefs stand at the ready behind every station. Though the food was great, Dad scoffed at the $30 per guest check and wished that he had opted for the steak house instead!

Overall, The Gaylord Texan is a great place to visit and sight see. Even if you don't book a room, check out the atrium and have a walk around. Sit down and have a meal or a cup of coffee and enjoy the scenic gardens year round.

This hotel is great for those who want a taste of Texas, even if you have only a short amount of time to stay. I booked a room for my Mom and Dad who recently stayed for a weekend and they loved the fact that they did not have to venture far to enjoy a bit of Texas charm and hospitality. The "River Walk" is a replica of the real thing in San Antonio, complete with restaurants, waterfalls, shops, and cafes. The lobby contains a nice bar for happy hour, and two roomy seating lounges with a fire place which can be viewed from either side. The decor is southwestern and classy. The leather sofas are huge! Everything is done in grand style and adds an air of elegance and style.

The Gaylord of course has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. There is also a fitness center. Outdoor lovers will find plenty of activities on the lake. Relache is the exclusive spa. It offers a relaxing respite for women who want to treat themselves to a massage and facial.

Walking the grounds after dinner is a must! The outer perimeter houses the massive pool area, an onsite vineyard, and the hickory pits where the steak house cooks brisket, barbeque, and steaks on the grill. The aroma is truly divine---just foolow your nose, or better yet, take a nice glass of wine and sit outside the steak house by the cozy lit fireplace and enjoy the ambience.

This resort is aproximately 10 minutes from the DFW airport, about 20 minutes from downtown Dallas, 30 minutes from downtown Fort Worth, 15 minutes from Six Flags in Arlington and about 15 minutes from Texas Stadium in Irving. My favorite outlet mall, Grapevine Mills, is about 5 minutes away by car. It is desinged in the shape of a race track so you can literally walk from one end to the other and browse shops like "Off Sacks Fifth", "The Western Warehouse", JC Penney Outlet or get snacks at the food court. The Gaylord Resort offers free shuttle rides back and forth and that is great for those who are visiting and don't want the hassle of trying to find a place to park.

• Related to: Sailing and Boating, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written March 20, 2006

• suzyav8trix profile photo suzyav8trix
  • Reviews: 18

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson DFW Airport South: Great price - close to DFW w/complimentary shuttle

One, wonderfully inexpensive night in March 2005. A relatively new hotel with COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from DFW. The room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had some counterspace (don't ask me why, but when I travel I love to take up any and all bathroom counter space with my "stuff" -- so it's very important to me.) My price was $69 plus tax; just up the road, my friend was staying at the Embassy Suites for 3x the price!

Excellent service! I could not get the wireless internet to work with my laptop in my room. So one of their "office" guys hooked up my laptop in their business center to make sure it wasn't my computer (it wasn't) and then let me borrow a T5 (?) cable for the remainder of my stay. I was able to hook up my laptop in my room and have FREE internet access (not free in my friend's room at the Other hotel!) I had a very early morning flight and could not partake in the included breakfast; although I have stayed at other Country Inn & Suite locations and have always enjoyed their fruit, cereal, yogurt, english muffins, toast, etc offerings...

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Women's Travel
  • Written May 30, 2005

View of Downtown Dallas from the Helicopter

• malihas profile photo malihas
  • Reviews: 12

Hotwire everything!: The Smart Option is Online

through www.hotwire.com u can select areas and if you book a few days in advance (sometimes even 4 hours in advance), u can save a good $30 easy for a hotel that might normally cost $90!
even though u don't get to see the name prior to your payment, u won't regret it.
marriots, upscale local hotels and raddisons are some names u might land up getting, if the area has them.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 25, 2005

• WESTCONNS profile photo WESTCONNS
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western - McKinney Inn & Suites: Best for double-occupancy accommodation

Facilities in this Hotel were excellent and the service staff wonderful. The location (close to venue of the program I came for) a little on the outskirts of Dallas does not take the fun away from any traveller.

Large rooms, enough space and high standard beddings

• Written November 29, 2004

• keeweechic profile photo keeweechic
  • Reviews: 10970

Ramada Plaza Downtwn

The Ramada Plaza hotel is not quite as central in downtown as some of the others. They offer free transport to and from Dallas Love Field Airport and also provide parking. Rooms include cable t.v. and telephones with Data Port Hook Up. The hotel has a indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and fitness centre. Close to the convention centre and Fair Park.

• Written October 24, 2004

• saraheg77 profile photo saraheg77
  • Reviews: 252

Hampton Inn: Great hotel close to the Airport

My usual Hampton Inn for business trips to Dallas was booked, so I had to choose another. This one proved pretty good.

They did not have a fitness room, but said we could use the one at the Drury Inn next door. I went over, but it was very small, so I came back to the Hampton and went swimming in the pool. The pool was nice and at the back where no one could see me :)

Continental breakfast was very good and had a variety of hot and cold items.

The lady at the check in desk was very friendly and helpful.

All in all, it was a very good stay, but I will have to go back to my usual Hampton because it is much closer to work!

Great proximity to the airport and a Bennigan's right next door. =) Also, just 1 mile from the Irving mall... and it's a good one! There is a fun elevator in the center with the window that looks out on the hotel.

• Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip