Marriott Suites Market Center Dallas

Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Dallas

On my own doing a MROn my own doing a MR

TEXAS..DALLAS THE SWINGIN' D RANCH..TEXAS..DALLAS THE SWINGIN' D RANCH..

Indigo Rose Belly Dancing TeamIndigo Rose Belly Dancing Team

FreewaysFreeways

restaurant

by lele46

I need a recommendation for a restaurant near the Hilton Anatole. No fast foods. A nice wine list.

Re: restaurant

by lizscoular

Well, in the Anatole is a fabulous upscale restaurant, Nana's. And even if you choose not to eat there, the bar has spectacular views of downtown Dallas. The bar and restaurant are located in the top floor of the big tower, so you get a nice bird's eye view.

Also, not far from the Anatole is Cru: A Wine Bar, which is just what it says. Great selection. It's located at 3699 McKinney Ave., in the uptown area. If you haven't been to this area, it's a pedestrian only area - with lots of bars and restaurants.

Re: restaurant

by lele46

Thanks for the tip. We are going to Nana's, and we might go to Cru's. The couple with us does not drink wine so that is sort of a problem

Travel Tips for Dallas

A fun city

by kingbk

Dallas is a fun city. There really is a lot to do. However, it's probably a better city to live in than visit. It's warm climate, booming business market, low cost of living and arrary of attractions bring newcomers every year. My four years living here. I really liked it.

Lone Star

by grandmaR

It's easy to remember which is the Texas flag - it's the one with the single star. Some people say it was originally because Texas was the lone state of Mexico which was attempting to uphold its rights under the Mexican Constitution of 1824. Others say that the star represented the wish of many Texans to achieve statehood in the United States. A flag with a single star was raised at the Alamo (1836)

The flag was adopted as the state flag when Texas became the 28th state in 1845. As with the flag of the United States, the blue stands for loyalty, the white represents strength, and the red is for bravery.

The picture shows an iron star in a circle which my daughter and SIL had made for their family room. The pictures on the wall were painted by a medical illustrator who used to work for my father. The pencil drawing in the reddish frame was done by my daughter's paternal aunt. The picture of the steers over the fireplace was done by my grandmother.

Dallas Mavericks

by VeronicaG

The American Airlines Arena is the site of many events, but it was the Dallas Mavericks game that drew us there over Christmas.

The arena was jam-packed, so we had to split our group between two sections, which were across the court from each other. Our visit began with a bang, when our granddaughter caught one of the free lunch coupons launched from the "Chile's" balloon. Whoo-hoo!

The basketball game was exciting and it was a rousing family event for us. Part of our group was even caught in action on the arena's Jumbo-tron. This made the grandkids day and gave them plenty of things to talk about during their stay in Texas.

Old City Park

by grandmaR

In 1997 when I went on the city tour, it was Monday, and the Old City Park was closed. So when I visited my daughter in 2004, this was one of the places I wanted to see. I didn't remember the name of it and I confused it with some other Victorian homes I saw (the Beilharz and Wilson Blocks), so it was a little difficult to figure out where it was.

Originally the City Park was set up in 1876 for the centenial. Now Old City Park has 38 structures built between 1840-1910 which have been brought in and set up on this site. They include a working Civil War era farm, a traditional Jewish household, elegant Victorian homes, a school, a church & commercial buildings.

When we were here in mid May, there were many school groups visiting and there were various craftsmen demonstration the skills of early settlers. In addition to this potter, we saw a blacksmith and a lady shearing sheep.

Neiman Marcus

by keeweechic

Neiman Marcus was founded in 1907 and they opened their first store in downtown Dallas. The are several floors of upmarket and designer goods as well as furnishings, kitchen appliances and linen.. At Christmas time the store goes all out with their window displays.

Comments