Motel 6 Dallas Southwest

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • TRAVELERS BEWARE! DRUG DEALERS ON SITE

Needless to say we were there no more than 10 minutes and was refunded my money. We were given a room in the back side of the motel that faces the interstate - that was not the problem - the problem was that no sooner that I put my foot out of my car we were approached by 2 individuals trying to intimidate us. Evidently they were the lookouts for the individual that was hanging from the 2nd floor balcony selling. Unbelievable! We had not taken anything out of our vehicle so we immediately got back in and went to the front office. When I asked the girl at the desk if she was aware that there were drug dealers selling back there she says - oh well the security guard isn't here yet. SECURITY GUARD! who do you think pays him more???? give me a break - I sent a complaint - actually 2 since the first one was never answered - and guess what? I'm still waiting.

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Right off the interstate

More about Dallas

Texas StadiumTexas Stadium

Flamingo FarmFlamingo Farm

Get used to the red tail lightsGet used to the red tail lights

Cosmic BowlingCosmic Bowling

Restraurant recommendations

by aznaphrodite

My husband and I are visiting Dallas in November and we'll be staying near the Galleria but we'll also be around the suburbs of North Dallas (Addison, Plano, etc.) in the daytime.

We're looking for good places to eat while we're there. Can anyone recommend a good place for...

- Sushi
- Texas BBQ
- Tex-mex
- Italian
- Any other local favorites or "must eat"?

Thanks in advance!

by YVRDave

I wish I remembered the Tex-Mex place I went. The have a rule about how many of their Margarita you have, maybe that will stir someones help.
Also The French Room at The Adolphus Hotel was excellent

by elsombre

Fogo de Chao on beltway in addison is a Brazilian Barbeque (Chuascarhia). All you can eat and fine its is considered fine dining also. Meat served at table by traditional Brazilian Gauchos. Some cuts of meat that you are probably not used to. go to their web site. It is a must in my opinion

by komodo13

Hello! For tex-mex, try Tupinamba's Mexican Restaurant located at 12270 Inwood Rd, Dallas, TX 75244. They have some great fried tacos...yes, I said fried and they are awesome. As far as Texas BBQ, Spring Creek BBQ at the border of Addison and N Dallas is located at 14941 Midway Rd, Dallas, TX 75244 and finally as far as Italian...you must visit Maggianos. It has some really good food and the atmosphere is great. It is located at 205 Northpark Ctr
Dallas, TX 75225, so if you find North Park mall, you are there. I am not a sushi eater, so good luck on that one. Have a great time in Dallas! It's a great place to visit.

by wanderlustI

Sushi - Tom Tom in West Village or Naan in North Plano. There is a decent sushi place in Addison - Mr Sushi
BBQ - ?
Tex Mex - Cantina Laredo on Preston and Royal just south of the Galleria or up North Plano at Taco Diner
Italian - great place in Grapevine off of Main Street - Cafe Italia. I think they opened one similar off of Preston in Plano. BYOW :)

RE: RE: Restraurant recommendations

by ATXtraveler

If you are headed north to Denton, I would highly recommend:
Rudy's
520 South IH-35 E
Denton, TX 76205
Phone (940) 484-RUDY

For other suggestions on Texas BBQ locations, I would recommend this:

Travel Tips for Dallas

Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe on Ross Ave

by OlenaKyiv

Old building around mordern ones. The cathedral has 101 stained glass windows, Texas oak and walnut floors and hand-cast marble columns. The bells on the cathedral were made by Royal Eijsbouts in the Netherlands, the largest bellfoundry in the world.

Indian Masks

by keeweechic

Colourful and creative masks have been part of American Indian dance regalia and traditional ceremonies in many Indian tribes since ancient times. The most renowned native mask-makers were the Northwest Coast Indians, who carved elaborate cedar dance masks. At the festival will find a selection of elaborate masks to buy.

(American Indian Arts Festival)

Belt Line Road

by kd_baby

Did you know it goes all around the city? That's every other person told me when I first moved to Dallas.

Anyway, Belt Line Rd. is a very long road and it does outline Dallas (as well as going through other parts of surrounding surburban cities).

Romantic Home Decor

by NiceMonkey about Room Service

This is one of my favorite shops in the big D. It is the "shabby chic" theme of decor and if this is your style, you will love this shop. "Real" Shabby Chic bedding (not the Target junk!) , Good Home Company Laundry fragrance, Kenneth Turner fragrances and awesome baby gifts! It isn't cheap, but it is not over-priced for what you get. I can easily drop $100.

Ad-Libs in Dallas....

I...

by Cherie_J

Ad-Libs in Dallas....

I haven't gone in over a year...but almost everytime I have been recruited to go on stage...It is hilarious...Be sure you can laugh at yourself.
Ad-Libs bases its award-winning show on a series of improvisational skills, scenes and songs performed by two teams of professional comedians. The comedy's subject matter comes directly from the audience, creating interactive entertainment that allows the crowd to become part of the show and feed on the frenzied Mardi Gras atmosphere. The comedy is quick, clean and unforgettable.

One of the busiest comedy troupes in the country, Ad-Libs performs more than 300 shows a year at its own club in Dallas and tours nationally to colleges, businesses and special events. High in demand, Ad-Libs has created a loyal college and business following that has led the troupe to be consistently named ''Best Comedy Troupe.' Casual

Comments