4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• himalia11's Profile Photo

Good hotel near the airport

The hotel is nicely situated near a little lake where you can walk a bit, and it's not far from Forth Worth Airport. The hotel has a restaurant and you could get your breakfast or dinner in your room. I didn't use this, we drove somewhere else to eat, there are lots of restaurants just a few minutes away. A car really makes sense there.
    My room was very spacious, with a desk & chair, an armchair, a mini bar and a big TV flat screen that I'd love to take home! There are less spacious rooms, but they are still huge. If you register as Select Guest which I did after I arrived, you get free WLAN, which worked really good.

I usually don't stay in such classy hotels and found it very funny that there was someone at the entrance who opened me the door, or even the car door. What got a bit on my nerves was that each evening all the pillows that I had put away lay again on my bed, and the remote control for the TV lay again on the wrong side of the bed – I guess they didn't like that I messed up everything! Not really important, though....

Unique Quality: I really loved the outdoor pool. It's very nice there, with some sunbeds and chairs. The only disadvantage is that you can hear the highway a bit. Surprisingly not much people used the pool, at least not in the evening when I've been there. There's also a fitness room which was more used.

More about Omni Hotel at Park West

Four stars???

by TripAdvisor Member iguanachick

The staff is nice.

It's a somewhat desolate locale (I'm an L.A. girl, so it seemed like barren land to me). The rooms are nicely appointed, but I vehemently dislike shower/tub combos, and I had a shower/tub combo. The linens are fantastic, the pillows incredibly comfy.

The cleaning person disposed of an almost full $6.00 bottle of evian water I purchased from the honor bar, and my phone charger disappeared...mysteriously no one knew squat about it...kinda ticked me off since I had no travel charger...

Great grill - (Dovers???), had a fantastic filet...good drinks, bar closes at stinking midnight...(what's up with THAT???)

All in all, it was an okay visit, in an okay hotel, but I don't see anything four star about it...three at best.

No Housekeeping

by TripAdvisor Member knuhles

When I checked in I was given a room that had not been made up. I left my bag in the closet, went to he front desk, reported the condition, ask that the room be cleaned, was assured it would be and left for the afternoon and the evening. On returning the bed had been made and there were fresh towels. However, in looking around the room the soap had not been changed, there were half empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner, the trash had not been emptied, there were dirty glasses in the room, and when I pulled back the bed the sheets had not been changed. I called the front desk and was originally told that maid service is provided only every 3 days. Of course, the typical sign in the room says that linens will only be changed every 3 days, not that housekeeping will be provided every 3 days. It took about 10 minutes to convince the desk clerk that I was not going to sleep on dirty sheets and she said she would call me back. After 20 minutes I called again and found the desk clerk had gone off to another task. Eventually the night auditor got invloved and moved me to another room. However, on the second night in my new room I received no housekeeping service: no made bed, no fresh towels, no vacum, no emptied trash, absolutely nothing. To top off my stay I did not get my requested wake up call on the morning of my departure. The facility itself is very nice and the bell staff is top notch. I have now talked to Expedia 3 times, and they have not yet been able to get any satisfaction from the Hotel, but they are still trying. I would strangly recomend against this hotel.

Southern Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member kjohn1213

I stayed at the Omni Park West for a lengthy business trip.

The rooms were very nice....super comfy pillows and beds, nice bathroom, plasma tv.

The food at Dovers was decent...it could've been better but I am a picky eater. The shuttle can take you out to several different places to eat though. They tell you the shuttle only goes in a 5 mile radius of the hotel but tip the driver well and you can get a little further out. I know there was a sports bar and a steakhouse closeby that were good.

I read somewhere that the bar closed at 12am....not true at all! We had that bar open until 2am most nights. If you're there, having fun, and tipping well, the bartenders aren't going to leave.

The pool was nice. They have waiters who will take drink orders and food orders for you while you are laying by the pool and bring them over to you.

All and all it's a nice hotel but a bit far out from the actual city of Dallas. It's about a 20 minute drive to Dallas and about a 30 minute drive to Fort Worth. The drives out there are definitely worth the cost of a cab.

The staff at the Omni was very accomodating to say the least. Talk to someone once and they knew your name after that. I would just walk by somewhere and hear my name being yelled hello. The front desk staff was there to assist in any problems, the bellhops were always there to give advice on where to go and what to see, the shuttle driver was fantastic, the bar/restaurant staff were some of the nicest people I've met. When I left I was getting hugs from everyone. In all my hotel stays I have never experienced such good hearted people. The staff alone is reason enough to stay there.

Modern Business Hotel in the middle of no-where!

by TripAdvisor Member Eileenov

My husband and I stayed here in October 2006, to take part in a conference.
I feel that the hotel was suitable from a business point of view, but for any tourists, it was difficult to plan to visit places, since The Omni Hotel was not really near anything.
There is a small hotel shuttle bus, which will take guests to a shopping mall and collect you again, by arrangement, when you wish to return back to the hotel..
The food in the hotel was of average quality, although we chose to take coaches and eat out at other restaurants, in the evening.
The staff at the reception desk were very business like, but not very friendly or helpful..
Our bedroom was pleasant, but lacked any real storage space and most importantly, it did NOT have a room safe.
The daily cleaning of the room was of a poor standard, with pieces of fluff remaining on the floor during the entire week of my stay. An annoying daily habit, mentioned by other guests, was the constant moving of personal effects, left sitting on the washhand basin area.
Without a doubt, the friendliest and most helpful staff were the Front door staff and the concierge. They provided good information about places to try and visit and helped with organising transport.
A good business hotel, but not really well-placed for any sightseeing.

Omni was way more than expected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member desmnzas

We arrived at the Omni 12/29/06 and stayed 1/1/07
I booked the Omni online for 3 night for 275.00. I knew from the
photo's online it liiked nice, but the price had me a little skeptical.
Once I walked thew the front doors, I thought wow this is really nice! The front desk was very accomidating and put us in a King/Non-smoking as requested. I thought I hope the room is as beautiful as the lobby and it was! The room was very cozy with a flat screen television and nice bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel also has a nice lounge and it located close to everything. It is right off 635. We were 15 min from downtown, 5 min from Texas stadium. A cool place to hang out close by is Cool River Cafe. Nice place to eat and dance afterwards. You wont be dissapointed.

Loved the Omni

by TripAdvisor Member Rogoashear

Lovely hotel!! We stayed here on our wedding night, it made such a wonderful end to a wonderful day. The staff were lovely and the room was incredibly comfortable and beautifully decorated. We had the romantic getaway package which was an excellent deal (strawberries, champagne, buffet breakfast - worth $15 in itself, not to mention alate check-out for about $15 more a head). I highly recommend this hotel!!

Brand new decor but an energy hog

by TripAdvisor Member Marge246

This hotel has a brand-new, sleek and styllish lobby and remodeled guest rooms with flat screen HD TV's, but with the brand new remodel, its too bad operations didn't change out all of those energy pig incandescent guest room light bulbs with planet-friendly compact flourescents. (I stayed at a competing brand's high-end property the next night and the CFL's in the guest room looked great).

Decor is elegant if a tad overbearing (kind of like Carmella Soprano's bedroom). Both guest room and bathroom had weird and awkward angles.

Bottle of Evian was . . . six bucks. Why do hotels nickle and dime their guests in such a shameless way?

Flat screen TV, nice bed with nice pillows.

When can we have in-room recycling? And the hotel has a towel re-use program with the fatal flaw I'm seeing in many guest rooms: not enough towel bars to hang up your towel and have it be dry!

Front desk failed to deliver my messages to me.

Perfect.

by TripAdvisor Member kim_76710

My husband and I found the Omni online and after reading reviews on Tripadvisor were confident that it would be a good hotel.

We made reservations with the hotel directly with a very friendly woman named Barbara. We arranged the intimate getaway package ( $129 for a King Suite, chocolate covered strawberries, beverage of choice and late checkout at 5pm) checking in on June 16th and out on the 17th.

Check-in time is 3pm, at 1pm we called the hotel and asked if we could check in early and to our delight we were able to. Got to the hotel at around 1:30 and by 1:45 we were in our room.

Our room was lovely. It was very clean with plenty of room. We had a view of downtown and the lake. The TV was perfectly situated so it could be seen from the bed as well as from the desk area. Desk space was oversized and well equiped.
Bedding was clean and "fluffy". Parking was ample and well lit.

We left the hotel at 6pm and returned around 1am to 4 chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling apple cider, a red rose on the remade bed and bath amenities restocked. It was a very romantic ending to the evening.

Sunday moring we went to Dover's for our included breakfast. We both had the buffet and were pleased with the variety. Oatmeal, cold cereal, eggs, hashbrowns etc... Everything we had was very good. (waffels were a bit cold but not an issue) the omlet station was great.

We went to but did not use the pool (raining) and the fitness center (lazy) they were both very nice. The fitness center had fruit and bottled water available. Nice touch I thought.

Suffered no hidden fees or problems with the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. All in all a very enjoyable stay at the Omni.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member drichrx

I came for a business meeting in the conference center and this hotel was excellent. I can't imagine a better hotel in the area. Everything about the experience was top-notch. I would definitely return.

Which Hotel? Renaissance on 35 or Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West

by patty013

If you were choosing to stay at either the Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West or the Renaissance on 35, which one would you choose? Price not being the factor. We are going to the Cowboys/Dolphins game on Thanksgiving day and need to stay there the night before.

Also, do you know what hotels might be doing a Thanksgiving day brunch?

by acohiba

I've never been to either of them. I live in Dallas and have always seen the Renaissance and have always wanted to stay there just because of the shape that it has. But besides that the only thing that I can say is you are about 15 minutes from Texas Stadium if you stay at the Omni, where as you are only about 5 minutes from Downtown and from Texas Stadium if you stay at the Renaissance. When going to Texas Stadium every minute counts because traffic is a nightmare and so is parking.

by YVRDave

Four Season Las Colinas if money doesn't matter.
If its just the 2 - Renaissance

by patty013

What about the Fairmont? What do you think of it?

Re: Re: Which Hotel? Renaissance on 35 or Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West

by acohiba

Where is the fairmont located at?

Re: Re: Which Hotel? Renaissance on 35 or Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West

by YVRDave

The Fairmont is downtown.
The Four Seasons is 2 miles from Texas stadium.

by okiekegler

My daughters and I too are going to the Cowboys/Dolphins game and are traveling from Oklahoma. If you hear of a good place that is having a Thanksgiving dinner or brunch, could you please let me know? My e-mail address is ggsammons@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Comments