Howdy Y'all! :D
"I love this place...."
Texas will always be my home. No matter where I am. Beyond the jokes of 10 gallon hats, stupid accents and arrogant men I couldn't be more proud to be from Texas!
Some Fun Texas Facts
Population: 20 million +
Area: 268, 601 square miles
Elevation: 0-8,749 feet
Peak: Guadalupe Peak
Entered Union: December 29. 1845 (28th State)
Nickname: Lone Star State
Fair: September-October in Dallas
Time Zone: Central and Mountain
Fun Facts: More wool comes from the state of Texas than from any other state in the United States. More species of bats live in Texas than in any other part of the United States.
"My Texas Top Ten"
The best parts of Texas:
1) Sea World-San Antonio
2) Alamo-San Antonio
3) State Fair of Texas-Dallas (Gigantic Fair in Fall)
4) University of Texas Football Game-Austin (Football is a godly sport here)
5) Tanger Outlet Center-San Marcos (Shoppers Heaven)
6) Sixth Street-Austin (Live Music Capital of the World)
7) Riverwalk-San Antonio (Shopping/Historical Downtown)
8) Taco Bueno-Dallas (Cheap Mexican Food Chain)
9) Kemah Boardwalk-Between Houston and Galveston (Outdoor Boardwalk)
10) Mansion on Turtle Creek-Dallas (Luxury Hotel)
"Stop at the Visitors Station!"
When you cross the border there is a Visitors building. I've seen one coming into the north and the east. I've been to the bathrooms which was a bit scary as I was by myself at midnight but everything went well. I've never been inside the actual visitors center though where you get the pamphlets since I'm usually on my way home but I'm sure you'd get some great information! :)