Sheraton Dallas Hotel

400 North Olive Street, Between Live Oak and Pearl Streets, Dallas, Texas, 75201, United States

Booking.com Sheraton.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Not the best Hotel

Did not like this hotel. "Go Green" whatever, so ridiculous. The rooms are very hot, very small, and very, very, small bathrooms. I would not recommend to anyone. You don't always have to pay a high price to get a good hotel room. Sherton downtown Dallas needs to do some serious upgrade.

Unique Quality: The gym was awesome. Food fair. Service maybe a 6.

• Great Stay at the Sheraton Dallas

I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in August while on business in the Dallas area. The hotel has recently been remodeled, and everything looks brand new. My room was very comfortable, and the beds are the best hotel beds in the business. There was also a real cool sports bar in the lobby called Draft. It offered plenty of TVs, and a couple of really nice pool tables.

Unique Quality: My room was on the 25th floor and offered great views of Downtown Dallas. There was also a new fitness center that was perfect for me since I like to work out in the mornings.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Now the Sheraton:

One of the most centrally located hotels in the Downtown Dallas area is the Sheraton Dallas on Olive Street. This hotel used to be the Adam's Mark, and Virtual Tourist as well as many other publications still have it listed as such. This is a beautiful old hotel, featuring an over the street bridge between the hotel and the convention area connected. It also features a bridge across a park to the Westin City Center and the Plaza of the Americas shopping center.
    The hotel itself has a wide selection of rooms from the small room, up to the luxury suite. I have done business several times in this hotel, because of its location, ample parking, and access to the light rail station (less than a block).

Overall, this would be a quality choice for someone using public transportation, and would give you access to most of the downtown, West End and areas where the light rail heads.

One of my other favorite features of this hotel is the small bagel shop that is attached to the building. It is a nice little snack shop that seems to have everything in the morning. It is a licensee franchise for Starbucks, but you can not use Starbucks gift cards.

I have also parked here several times during conventions, and the valet service is actually less expensive than the self park, at $15 per day.

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Top of the Mark

One of the best hotels in Dallas. Relaxing by the pool, or even going out to look at the skyline at night is the best way to end the night before going to bed. The beds are extremely comfortable. The service from the restaurant to room service is perfect. Valet is fast and friendly.

We always stay at the Mark. Nothing else comes close...yet.

Unique Quality: View of the skyline. close to the rail system and every request is fulfilled promptly.

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Best Hotel for Using Buses and the Rail

Price: I stayed here for about $70/night through Expedia in May 2003.

Location: This hotel is the absolute BEST location for using the bus system or the rail. A multi-bus bus station (not sure about the official name of this kind of thing) is on one side of the hotel, and a light rail station is on another. You literally just cross the street to reach either of them. It's also within walking distance of the Dallas Museum of Art and the Sculpture Garden.

Staff: The concierge was extremely helpful. He gave me a free map, and he took time studying the map to find whatever obscure street I asked about. The cashier in the hotel boutique by the first-floor elevators gave me change for the bus, and she was very gracious and didn't make me feel bad for taking her change without patronizing the store.

Room: My room was average size, but the bathroom was on the large side. Everything was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Windows covered almost one whole wall, affording me the view captured in the picture on this homepage. My room also had complimentary gourmet coffee and a coffeemaker, and extra toiletries including a showercap and really good lotion.

My only word of caution is that local calls are NOT free, so you'll want to use your calling card to call the bus system, etc.

Unique Quality: I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Dallas.

Directions: Downtown

• Terrible experience!

I recently attended a national professional conference at Adam's Mark Resort & Hotel in Dallas with 3 colleagues. After making reservations, a reduced group rate became available according to email from our organization. When I called as directed by email to receive the new rate I was told the rate was not in the computer & to bring the email to the hotel.

Upon arrival I was informed a manager was unavailable & would get back with me about the reduced group rate. After not hearing back in 3 days, I requested to speak with a manager. I was connected via front desk phone to someone whom I later found out was a desk clerk. He would not honor the rate, but another employee quoted us a somewhat reduced rate & we were satisfied.

The next day my friend's BANK account (debit card) was overdrawn due to the hotel's error of a $900 hold on her account! Nobody apologized or offered her a free dinner, transportation, etc. due to their error, which took until the next day to correct. The reduced rate was not noted & we were again quoted original check-in rate. After waiting over 2 hrs. to speak with a manager & resolve the issue again, he offered to comp one night's stay & reduce our rate. We shook hands & the following morning at check-out there was no record of the entire fiasco!!!

After waiting again for a manager to review the issue, we missed our shuttle to the airport. Although he ended up giving us 3 nights free, the aggravation was certainly not worth the trouble! The manager & desk clerk at check-out were the only ones to apologize for the errors & inconvenience.

Unique Quality: downtown location with convention center

Directions: Downtown near Arts District

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Downtown Dallas

A very nice hotel located in the heart of downtown Dallas, with one of the train system stops right beside it. Our 11th floor room had a great panoramic view of the Dallas skyscrapers nearby yet, between them, you could also see out to the country-side beyond the city.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable and spacious rooms with friendly staff. Room Service meals were some of the fastest that I have ever had. The hotel is connected by a skywalk to a convention center next door and it also has a great exercise room and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. We paid US$102/night including taxes for the two of us.

Directions: Downtown center of Dallas

More about Sheraton Dallas Hotel

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member ssmcgarr

I was here for a convention. The stay was really nice. There were three different groups of people having conventions and pleanty of space for everyone. The convention area is really nice.

Room was great. Very clean.

Hotel is located downtown Dallas.

Stay away if you can

by TripAdvisor Member isabella750

I don't think there is enough space to mention everything that was wrong with this hotel - from the beginning to the end. I had to stay here for a convention, and we not only had a number of rooms for employees but also a meeting room reserved for the entire stay. I was arriving late on a Sunday and was assured by the event staff that I would have access to the meeting room to set up equipment for the next morning.

Upon arrival at the hotel they had no record of the meeting room, even though I had paperwork in hand with the confirmation number. After two hours of back and forth which brought us to midnight they finally found a presidential suite that I could use for the week - 20 floors from where we were supposed to be. It took another hour or so to get the equipment to the room, since it was now the middle of the night, and I finally was able to hit the bed at 3am with a wake up call for my meeting at 6:30am.

The next morning I was constantly interrupted by the event center who was asking why I wasn't in the meeting room they had assigned - even though the manager who put me in the suite assured me this would not be a problem. Every time service was needed it was late, and missing something. The charges were incorrect, and multiple calls to the event center seemed to cause more confusion as they didn't share information amongst their team.

The sleeping rooms had different rates for the first day versus the following because of a conference rate. This is pretty standard practice with hotels, and we were all aware of it. However, what they didin't tell us is that we had to check out of our room and then check back in again for this to work properly. Not only did our room keys not function when we came back, but they didn't change the rate for us since we didin't follow their procedure. Another argument later and we were able to fix that mess as well.

To top the whole thing off, they actually have a surcharge on anything shipped in and out of the hotel. So even the little fedex packages had a surcharge over $10! Talk about a rip off.

I expected a lot more from a Sheraton, and would highly recommend staying elsewhere if you can possibly make it happen!

Comments