Sheraton Dallas Hotel

See Amenities

Not the best Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 16, 2011

Did not like this hotel. "Go Green" whatever, so ridiculous. The rooms are very hot, very small, and very, very, small bathrooms. I would not recommend to anyone. You don't always have to pay a high price to get a good hotel room. Sherton downtown Dallas needs to do some serious upgrade.

Unique Quality: The gym was awesome. Food fair. Service maybe a 6.

Great Stay at the Sheraton Dallas

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in August while on business in the Dallas area. The hotel has recently been remodeled, and everything looks brand new. My room was very comfortable, and the beds are the best hotel beds in the business. There was also a real cool sports bar in the lobby called Draft. It offered plenty of TVs, and a couple of really nice pool tables.

Unique Quality: My room was on the 25th floor and offered great views of Downtown Dallas. There was also a new fitness center that was perfect for me since I like to work out in the mornings.

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Now the Sheraton:

by written on November 2, 2008

One of the most centrally located hotels in the Downtown Dallas area is the Sheraton Dallas on Olive Street. This hotel used to be the Adam's Mark, and Virtual Tourist as well as many other publications still have it listed as such. This is a beautiful old hotel, featuring an over the street bridge between the hotel and the convention area connected. It also features a bridge across a park to the Westin City Center and the Plaza of the Americas shopping center.
The hotel itself has a wide selection of rooms from the small room, up to the luxury suite. I have done business several times in this hotel, because of its location, ample parking, and access to the light rail station (less than a block).

Overall, this would be a quality choice for someone using public transportation, and would give you access to most of the downtown, West End and areas where the light rail heads.

One of my other favorite features of this hotel is the small bagel shop that is attached to the building. It is a nice little snack shop that seems to have everything in the morning. It is a licensee franchise for Starbucks, but you can not use Starbucks gift cards.

I have also parked here several times during conventions, and the valet service is actually less expensive than the self park, at $15 per day.

starrlot's Profile Photo

Top of the Mark

by written on February 10, 2007

One of the best hotels in Dallas. Relaxing by the pool, or even going out to look at the skyline at night is the best way to end the night before going to bed. The beds are extremely comfortable. The service from the restaurant to room service is perfect. Valet is fast and friendly.

We always stay at the Mark. Nothing else comes close...yet.

Unique Quality: View of the skyline. close to the rail system and every request is fulfilled promptly.

lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Best Hotel for Using Buses and the Rail

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2004

Price: I stayed here for about $70/night through Expedia in May 2003.

Location: This hotel is the absolute BEST location for using the bus system or the rail. A multi-bus bus station (not sure about the official name of this kind of thing) is on one side of the hotel, and a light rail station is on another. You literally just cross the street to reach either of them. It's also within walking distance of the Dallas Museum of Art and the Sculpture Garden.

Staff: The concierge was extremely helpful. He gave me a free map, and he took time studying the map to find whatever obscure street I asked about. The cashier in the hotel boutique by the first-floor elevators gave me change for the bus, and she was very gracious and didn't make me feel bad for taking her change without patronizing the store.

Room: My room was average size, but the bathroom was on the large side. Everything was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Windows covered almost one whole wall, affording me the view captured in the picture on this homepage. My room also had complimentary gourmet coffee and a coffeemaker, and extra toiletries including a showercap and really good lotion.

My only word of caution is that local calls are NOT free, so you'll want to use your calling card to call the bus system, etc.

Unique Quality: I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Dallas.

Directions: Downtown

Terrible experience!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 3, 2004

I recently attended a national professional conference at Adam's Mark Resort & Hotel in Dallas with 3 colleagues. After making reservations, a reduced group rate became available according to email from our organization. When I called as directed by email to receive the new rate I was told the rate was not in the computer & to bring the email to the hotel.

Upon arrival I was informed a manager was unavailable & would get back with me about the reduced group rate. After not hearing back in 3 days, I requested to speak with a manager. I was connected via front desk phone to someone whom I later found out was a desk clerk. He would not honor the rate, but another employee quoted us a somewhat reduced rate & we were satisfied.

The next day my friend's BANK account (debit card) was overdrawn due to the hotel's error of a $900 hold on her account! Nobody apologized or offered her a free dinner, transportation, etc. due to their error, which took until the next day to correct. The reduced rate was not noted & we were again quoted original check-in rate. After waiting over 2 hrs. to speak with a manager & resolve the issue again, he offered to comp one night's stay & reduce our rate. We shook hands & the following morning at check-out there was no record of the entire fiasco!!!

After waiting again for a manager to review the issue, we missed our shuttle to the airport. Although he ended up giving us 3 nights free, the aggravation was certainly not worth the trouble! The manager & desk clerk at check-out were the only ones to apologize for the errors & inconvenience.

Unique Quality: downtown location with convention center

Directions: Downtown near Arts District

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Downtown Dallas

by written on November 28, 2002

A very nice hotel located in the heart of downtown Dallas, with one of the train system stops right beside it. Our 11th floor room had a great panoramic view of the Dallas skyscrapers nearby yet, between them, you could also see out to the country-side beyond the city.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable and spacious rooms with friendly staff. Room Service meals were some of the fastest that I have ever had. The hotel is connected by a skywalk to a convention center next door and it also has a great exercise room and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. We paid US$102/night including taxes for the two of us.

Directions: Downtown center of Dallas

• Adam Mark Dallas
  • Adamsmark Hotel
  • Dallas Sheraton
  • Sheraton Dallas Resort

Address: 400 North Olive Street, Between Live Oak and Pearl Streets, Dallas, Texas, 75201, United States

7 Photos of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Dallas Travel Forum

Need advice about Dallas, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Dallas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dallas hotel reviews