2101 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas, 75207, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Sheraton Suites Dallas

My room had bed bug and it make me keep itching all nights during my staying at the hotel.
    later manager sent me email said they have found 2 bed bugs.
    Disappointed.

Unique Quality: except beg bug in my room, everything is perfect.

More about Sheraton Suites Market Center

Time for Renovation

by TripAdvisor Member jon160

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites Market Center in Dallas, Texas for 2 nights early in February 2007. My room needed renovation. One lamp shade was crushed. A cabinet had a chunk missing. Surfaces were scratched, scuffed and stained.
However, I checked with others at my seminar, and they did not have my experience.
Sheraton: check to see if the rooms are up to your standards.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member tryanythingonce

The suites are big and very good value, but they are a little tired and need a renovation. The beds are really comfortable and the aircon is supremely efficient.

The suites are clean, have a good fridge and coffee maker but the bathrooms are small and old, and the furniture was visibly worn.

The staff in the bar (particularly Katerina from the Czech Republic) are delightful, and cannot do enough for you. The food is of a high quality and the people here are really what makes this a good place to stay. Thanks so much to the team who turned this from average to nice.

Gramdma's house with an institutional twist

by TripAdvisor Member bigbaldjohnny

Yuck. Thin walls, babies crying, ice machine rumble, doors slamming. TV from the early 70's. Why is it the remote controls are always so unresponsive and the sound is terrible? Never had a decent maid service. Almost a saw buck to park the car in the corn field. For my money the DoubleTree a block away is much better.

The one bedrooms suite didn't have a kitchen, just microwave, coffee maker and mini frig.

I was in room 420. It was fairly clean and cool. Furnishings were institutional. Particle board table with 2 chairs, cheap0 couch that was uncomfortable and small, tv from eell and sheets so thin I was afraid they would not take my weight.

The bath was adaquate size with a ration of 1 face and 3 bath towels per day. More if I would have asked.

The starwood lounge was shut down for the summer 6 weeks while they decide how to further nickel and dime you. Got some half off coupons in place of that, no thanks.

It didn't suck too much. But I won't be going back any time soon if I can help it. This property truly needs a face lift and tummy tuck and more. Half the staff could use an attitude adjustment too. Not what I expected from a starwood property.

Disgusting and dilapidated room

by TripAdvisor Member bryang73

I've had the displeasure of staying here twice within the past two months on priceline reservations. The rooms I was given were absolutey disgusting and dilapidated. The most disturbing was the huge amounts of mold packed into the air vents. I suspect this is why the wallpaper was buckling and peeling off the walls along with outlet covers and fixtures. The furniture and carpets were very soiled, worn and had burn holes in them. The bath had large places of missing caulk and mold in the shower.

I made the mistake of visiting the pool area once. It was a mess. The pool was dirty, there was trash and bird crap everywhere and the pool lounge cushions were moldy. I wouldn't dare get into the pool and definitely not into the green water in the hot tub.

I can not believe that Starwood allows this dump to operate as a Sheraton. In my opinion, the rooms are not up to standards of the sleaziest rent by hour motel. Starwood should do a massive room overhaul immediately or pull the Sheraton flag from this disgrace.

Great value and location!

by TripAdvisor Member flawedangel

We got a good deal on priceline for this hotel, and we were two females traveling, so we wanted a good safe location. We got back to the hotel from our concert at about midnight, and felt very safe walking in.

This hotel is great, the beds and pillows are amazing, and the suite style room is great!

The room had french style doors into the bedroom, and a separate living area. I really liked this! It also had a little refrigerator.

The only complaint was with priceline, we got a smoking room, and neither of us smoke. They SAID they were out of non-smoking, which may not have been true. But we opened the window and aired the room out.

The location is great, so convenient to the interstate!

I would definitely stay here again!

Sheraton Suites

by TripAdvisor Member papi1096

Reserved 20 rooms, for a weekend football trip. Rooms are all suites but bedroom are tiny. Had 2 full size beds. One of them located up against the balcony door, made it difficult to acces balcony. Living room was cozy. Pull out couch. 2 chair dinning table, microwave, small fridge and coffe maker. Textured ceiling in all of our units were dirty, especially near a/c vents. Good location for sightseeing. Also has a van that transports you within 8 miles of hotel for free. (rest, nightclubs where ever you desire). Except football stadium. Thats 10 miles away.

Hotel is about 100 yards from the hwy. If your room is on that side it will make for a noisy night. Restaurant is fairly good. Had lunch and brkfst. Become a starwwod member. It allows you to have free continental brkft and evening acces to prefered members floor. Pool nice size, has an indoor section and an indoor hot tub. Workout area, stepper and running some wights.

Draw backs were. Bar closed at 11pm. No free transport to Cowboy Stadium.

Over all not a bad place to stay. No bugs and beds were clean. but in desperate need of updating. ae. painting

Good service, bad rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Shmohan

Good: Pleasant service at front desk, friendly shuttle drivers who went out of their way to give us a ride to the office in the morning (partially due to long wait for cabs out on the highway)

Free breakfast on club level is satisfactory; includes mini boxes of cereal, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, fruit, etc.

Bad: Room was very outdated. Had a 2 bed suite that felt very cramped. Did not sleep nearly as well as I do at the Westin in downtown Dallas (which was sold out). Stiff couch and scratched up desk in living room .

Outdated bathroom- moldy tub, poor lighting.

(Mind you, this was all on a Starwoods Club Floor. I have platinum status, so I'm assuming I was put in one of the better rooms)

Gym- Out of the four **old** machines there (two bikes, treadmill, and stair climber)- only one of the bikes worked properly (barely) Other machines did not 'turn on' at all, or seemed as if they were about to give out (treadmill made a horribly loud noise every time you took a step... not good) Weight machine was as old as the machines, and equally useless.

If you have a choice of Starwoods hotels in Dallas, stick with the W or Westin. I was very dissapointed with the Sheraton Suites.

Barely tolerable for a business traveler at the holidays

by TripAdvisor Member rupyoda

Based on shabby reviews I had seen of the Westin City Center hotel, I switched at the last minute to stay here, as it was well located and supposedly had amenities for Starwood Preferred Guest Gold members. Turned out the Club Floor was closed, and there were very few guests there at all. Other propeties clearly posted when they were closing amenities, but this hotel even had Club Floor rooms to reserve on the internet... at least I did not reserve one of them! Restaurant was closed, too, but a modest continental breakfast was offered.

The hotel did extend a nice gesture to the guests by delivering a small Christmas package to the rooms with a nicely boxed corkscrew and bottle stopper..... Did they think about guests flying home and the corkscrew having a blade on it that made TSA confiscate it? No. Fortunately there was a not a line behind me in Security, but it was totally embarassing.

Also, during my two-night stay I kept thinking that the living area had a lot of highway noise and was drafty. Turned out the windows did not shut and seal properly. This is something that housekeeping should have recognized--a supervisor inspecting rooms surely would have noticed the difference unless all of the windows are that delapidated.

Oh, and there was also the dense cloud of marijuana smoke in the hall Christmas Eve between my room and the elevator coming from either a guest room or, more likely, the service bay. When I got to my destination a few blocks away, I realized that I had a serious buzz!

Not bad if you don't pay retail!

by TripAdvisor Member cokerbud

If I were a guest of this hotel and paid $150.00 a night I would be pretty upset! The hotel looks good from the outside but show big signs of wear and tear on the inside. The first thing when arriving you are told it is $7.00 per night to park in the open parking lot. That is an extreme way to squeeze every dime out of someone. I was in room 215 and on arrival the smell of stale smoke in the room was extensive. There were beer cans in the trash can from the previous guest and the vacuum must have been broken that day because the floor was not clean. The plumber got the hot/cold water backwards on the bathroom sink so after waiting for some time for the hot water I realized it was backwards. The room was nice and big with two TV's. Unfortunately every picture on both televisions made the subjects look sunburned they were so red. And there was no remote for either set. Waking up early was not an option because of the rattling pipes that sounded like they ran between the box springs and matress. The wallpaper was coming off the wall but the heater darn sure worked! In the defense of the hotel, there was a letter on the elevator explaining renovations were about to begin. Would I stay there again? For 50 bucks a night I would, but for 150 a night they better throw in dancing girls and open bar! When staying at a hotel make certain the clock by the bed is set correctly and the alarm is not on to hurry you out the door in the morning. I have noticed this practice by hotel maids more and more in the last could of years.

Comments