Studio 6 Dallas Northeast

9801 Adleta Court, I-635 at Skillman Street, Exit #16, Dallas, Texas, 75243, United States
TheHotels.com Travelocity Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Dallas

Miriam catching up on her emailsMiriam catching up on her emails

Friendly FishFriendly Fish

The opposite way is dead stopThe opposite way is dead stop

Sharing a pina colada!Sharing a pina colada!

moving to Dallas in January, need help!

by jra2000tl

I need assistance on living areas in Dallas. I'm a male, mid 20's, and single. I will be working downtown at the Hyatt Regency at the Reunion Center. I want a safe, newer suburban area feel, but somewhere that has some nightlife as well. I have looked at the area specifically at the George Bush/North Tollway interchange. I will be living in an apartment. I really like AMLI on the Parkway (on Rosemeade) and the Wimberly (on Horizon N. Pkwy). Are these areas decent? It is pretty much a straight shot for me (although 18 miles) down the tollway. What kind of commute times am I looking at during rush hour (at work by 7-7:30, leave by 5 or 5:30)? I also like Richardson, but I know the Central Frwy. is horrible with traffic. I'm not very interested in the downtown areas where it's nice in one area and walk 2 blocks and it's dangerous. I'm moving from Mobile, AL (a city of about 200,000 /500,000 in the metro area). I am driving up this weekend to check out the city. Any help is greatly appreciated!

by komodo13

Hello! You will love moving to Dallas, it's a great place. Rosemeade and the Tollway is decent. The AMLI property is nice. I am not familar with the Wimberly. Stay away from anything off 75, the traffic is horrendous. However, driving north on the tollway after 5pm won't be a cake walk either. Although, it will be better than if you were as far north as Frisco or something. That would definitely be bad. I work in N Plano right off the Tollway and Legacy and I sail by on the SB side around 4:30pm. But if I work late, say after 5pm or so, I usually see the NB side starting to slow up that far north. Staying farther south of that point like Rosemeade is better. Good luck and welcome to town!!

RE: RE: RE: moving to Dallas in January, need help!

by snoopybeagle

Agreed, you will love living a little farther north, then you can enjoy those areas of downtown (check out the West Village & Uptown, Addison for something a little closer can be fun too) that are fun for singles. Rosemeade AMLI is nice, but I'm not familiar with the Wimberly either. Enjoy the weekend there! I miss living there & can't move back for another year or so...there is something in Dallas for all different kinds of people! :D

by snoopybeagle

RE: RE: RE: moving to Dallas in January, need help!

by snoopybeagle

sorry taht my computer is jacked up & i replied a million times.....

by oakcliffkat

Those areas are not the real Dallas. Come check out North Oak Cliff and the Bishop Arts District!

by lonestar_philomath

There is a mass transit system in Dallas that runs north. And Bart (the train) runs east west between Dallas and Ft Worth so both cities will be within your reach without taking a car! Next local I live in I will be hunting for a good mass transit system. Cheers - Mike

Travel Tips for Dallas

A Quiet City

by Bwana_Brown

After picking up our rental car at DFW Airport, we headed away from Dallas for a couple of days in Oklahoma before my meetings started. The traffic was quite steady and heavy on the 635 Ring Road (noon on Saturday) until we branched off and headed north on Rt. 75 for Oklahoma. On our return, we were coming in from the east on Interstate-30 on a Monday morning and I was worried about the traffic in getting to our downtown hotel. However, we drove straight in to Dallas-Love airport for the drop-off with no traffic problems at all. Once we took a taxi to the downtown area, things became even quieter. There seemed to be very little traffic on the streets for a city of this size! I was surprised all week long at how easy it would have been to get around by car (if I had one) - not even close to driving in Boston or New York!

Pow wows

by keeweechic

Pow-wows are festivals consisting of Native American dancing and music which are popular expressions of the Native American Culture. On the Northern Plains, expressions of cultural heritage such as dancing was suppressed and in some cases banned by Federal Administrators and Indian agents and only on the 4th of July were the reservations allowed to celebrate in the old way.

(American Indian Arts Festival)

This is the first plane we...

by Cherie_J

This is the first plane we built. It is an RC plane that is flown at one of the local flying fields.

A Brief History
Curtis H. Pitts began the design of the Pitts Special in 1942 in Jacksonville, Florida. The first Pitts Special aircraft, powered by a 90 hp Franklin engine, flew in 1944. For the following 25 years, the Pitts Special was constructed as a homebuilt only. During this period, the design was continually refined to improve aerobatic performance. By 1962, the standard engine had been increased to 180 hp, and in 1966 a symmetrical airfoil was added to make inverted flight characteristics similar to normal upright flight characteristics.

In 1970, a manufacturing operation known as Pitts Aerobatics was started in Afton, Wyoming. The first Pitts Special S-2A was produced in Afton in 1971. During the 1970's, most Pitts Special versions were Type-Certified under the requirements of FAR Part 23 in the Acrobatic Category. Since then, the Pitts Special S-2B has received Type-Certification and has become the most popular version of the Pitts Special line in current production.

Aviat Inc. acquired the Type Certificates and rights to the Pitts Special aircraft in March 1991 in Afton, Wyoming. Subsequently those rights were purchased by Aviat Aircraft Inc. in December of 1995. Marketing, Engineering, Fabrication, Assembly, and Flight Testing operations for the Pitts Special line are all conducted at the Afton, Wyoming location. Aircraft rigging is meticulously adjusted during flight testing to ensure that every aircraft is aerodynamically optimized for maximum performance in aerobatic competition. The current array of Pitts Special models represents the latest design refinement of this legendary family of aerobatic aircraft.
Source: Aviat Aircraft Inc.

Completely Useless But Interesting Fact
The Pitts Special has won more aerobatic contests than any other aircraft type.

Grapevine

by keeweechic

Grapevine Texas is one of Tarrant County’s oldest settlements which originated in 1844 and has been recognised by the National Register of Historic Places. You can find it 21 miles northwest of Dallas. The city is both charming for its historical preservation of the downtown area and for popular for the numerous leisure activities both on Lake Grapevine, the various golf courses and the extensive park system with available sporting facilities such as tennis, soccer fields, jogging and biking trails, baseball and softball fields and playground and picnic facilities.

Grapevine Mills is also a huge drawcard for having over 2 million sqft of shopping and dining under one roof . It is reportedly the largest shopping mall in the southwest. For the Sports person, the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World is another huge centre for anything you can imagine.

More nightspots

by Carrie27 about The Bar of Soap

This is another cool little place that I have played at. It is a small bar/laundromat in an area of Dallas called Fair Park. This is right down the street from Deep Ellum, the prime live music spot. Here you can have a cheap beer while watching soon darn good local bands. It is free to get in and park, which is a better deal than Deep Ellum where they charge anywhere from $7 to $10 to park unless you are lucky enough to snag a meter. It is usually $5 to $7 to see a local band in Deep Ellum and anywhere from $10 to $25 to see national acts. No dress code here. Freaks and punk rockers welcome, as well as anybody else who wants to come and join the fun.

Comments