4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 101% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about The Joule, Dallas

Excellent Business Experience at the Joule, Dallas

by TripAdvisor Member PSAB2009

I’ve never written a review for a hotel in my 17 years of business travel. My experience at The Joule was so remarkable that I am compelled to write one. The entire staff was unbelievably helpful from the time that I called to arrange a meeting to the time that we all left the hotel. I invited 13 other people from all over the country to meet in Dallas for a 24 hour meeting. Although the structural beauty of the hotel provided the initial attraction to book the hotel rooms and the meeting room, I can tell you that it was the professional staff at The Joule that will serve as a lasting reminder why we need to return again and again.

The Joule Delivers!

by TripAdvisor Member dallaslocal

This was our second stay for a special event and it was everything and more than our first stay. We are locals who love to stay in five star hotelsl for special events. The Joule delivers! Much classier than the W with more personal attention from the staff and management. We will be back!

Loved the Joule

by TripAdvisor Member lettergirl40

Excellent hotel...Great service from the time we valet parked to the bell man delivery of our luggage. First class service. I loved the wine tasting bar in the lobby, they offer taste, half glass or full glass, great idea. Only disappointment was the bartender wine man was not very friendly..Other than that everything was great. We had dinner at the hotels 5 star Charlie Palmer, this was my second visit to Charlie Palmer. Fantastic as usual. We had a great room with a normal king bed. Our room faced out the South side and we had a great view of a large Christmas Tree. We are loyal Marriott people and I just wanted to try a new hotel. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again. Another benefit Neiman Marcus is next door!

The Attention to Detail was incredible

by TripAdvisor Member home314

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at The Joule Hotel and the attention to detail blew me away. Upon our arrival, the hotel upgraded us to a room on the 18th floor that was fabulous. There was a personal note from the General Manager welcoming us to the hotel and offering her congratulations in celebrating our anniversary. The staff in Charlie Palmer made us feel so special from the beginning to the end of our dining experience. When we arrival back to our room the bed was turned down with rose petals shaped in a heart and there were candles all over the room. There was even a special amenity with a note from the Chef and the staff of The Joule. WOW! What a personal touch.
When we checked out of the hotel the General Manger was greeting people in the hotel and asking how they enjoyed there stay. We asked her how the staff knew so much about us. She told us that each morning the arriving reservations were reviewed by the staff and it was a part of their daily ritual to learn as much about the guest and their reason for coming to The Joule. The more than can learn about you, the better they are prepared to meet your expectations. I have to say, they exceeded ours. We will be back again and again!!!!!

bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member krain197

My fiancee was assaulted both verbally and physically at hotel Joule in Dallas, TX. We were entertaining friends who were in from out of town. I have never been treated with more disrespect or been more embarassed than I was by the doorman the hotel Joule's downstairs nightclub. I am appalled that any establishment in the United States would employ anyone of this lowly caliber.

Downtown is back with class and grace!!

by TripAdvisor Member happyindallas

How wonderful it was to stay at The Joule during our recent trip to Dallas . First class luxury with a caring and professional management team. My husband and I were greeted by an Zmbassador as I pulled up and our luggage and check in was flawless. The staff was professional and our room was fantastic. On the way out to meet friends, we were greeted by Shirley, the hotel manager, who was very graceful and kind. Her concern for our stay was further acknowledged when she again greeted us as we had dinner in the beautiful Charlie Palmer restaurant. My friends eating with us thought we were celebrities!!!! What a delightful stay and The Joule will be our home away from home as we visit Dallas . Thank You staff and Thank you Dallas.

Love the hotel, but GM seemed a little fake!

by TripAdvisor Member Corp45

The hotel is great, from the design to the "ambassadors." I never heard of an ambassador program, but these people are a mixture of concierge and front desk. Very good people. I had a specific concern and the GM was in the lobby. I got a strange feeling as if my concern mattered, but it wasn't a huge concern to her. She was fast talking and seemed as if her meetings or other engagments were more important. My wife thought she seemed very fake in her approach to resolve our issues.

Just needs to be more genuine and not so "luxury!" We all love the hospitality, but from a real personality is better

Not impressed!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JennPaul95

My husband and I were in town for the Christmas holiday (we are from Maryland). We hardly get to be alone with two kids, so my husband thought that a new, luxury hotel with a 5 star rating should be great. We were received promptly and taken care of. Everything was great until bedtime. The bed was circular and awful. It was soooo uncomfortable with the bar or whatever in the middle. On top of that, with the heater on, the air blew right on you from the vent, so then you got too hot. The pillows were horrible. TOO SOFT!!!
It seems to be a great idea, but not really thought through. The beds should have been tested. If someone thinks they are comfortable, then they have been medicated, then sedated. I could not sleep at all. It was 4 am, I ordered a Coke and it ended up costing about $11. For a 12-ounce Coke!! COME ON!!
I just was no happy at all with our visit.

Chic Boutique Hotel with a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member p0427

Arrived at 5 pm tired and worn out from being at Market all day. We were greeted warmly by the valet and were checked in quickly. The hotel had a nice, clean smell. My collegue and I decided to splurge and get a loft suite. We were on the 18th (top) floor. The suite was awesome. The first floor was a half bath, one large living room with a 6 person dining table. A flat screen and plenty of comfortable sitting space. The windows were two stories tall. There was a huge bathroom and closet are on this floor. In the bathroom there were 2 sinks, one large whirlpool tub, a separate water closet and one large shower. Up the stairs there was a fully appointmented bedroom and another full bath. The shower upstairs could have easily held four people!

After putting our feet up for a while, we went to the restaurant bar for a cocktail. We were served promptly. We went out for dinner then returned to check out the club downstairs. You cannot access the club directly from the hotel. You must go outside and enter at street level. The club was cozy and played great music. The crowd was a perfect size...full but not packed.

Once we arrived back at the room, our bed had been turned down, there was a bottle of water on each night stand, the hotel provided slippers were placed on either side of the bed and the robes were hung on each of the shower doors. The next morning it sure was great to be able to each shower and dress at the same time and with each having privacy! We ordered room service and it arrived on time and still warm. It took about 30 minutes. They were out of english muffins so instead they brought toast and a big croissant as substitutes. Breakfast was tasty and the coffee was hot and stong which is the way I like it!

While checking out we were greeted by a bubbly blond who asked as about our stay and room. Come to find out she was the manager. I appreciated her taking the time to find out our opinion of her hotel. While leaving, Rudy, the doorman, was extremely helpful with directions and making sure our car was packed and ready.

I look forward to returning and will stay again. Hopefully it will be warm enough to try out that cool pool! The only cons I can say were being out of english muffins and one of the showers did not have shampoo in it. Luckily I had brought my own.

It was our wedding night stay all over again!! Lovely!

by TripAdvisor Member hisloveismylove

My husband and I were the very first couple to stay at this hotel to celebrate our honeymoon for the evening. This was a very romantic and intimate stay. The overall customer service experience was out of this world! We enjoyed this hotel so much that we came back to stay again for my husband's birthday. This hotel has excellent service from the start with the valet guys all the way to the room service and check out. Being new parents, this is just what we needed to rekindle our love and romance. I would highly recommend everyone take the opportunity to do the same.

Comments