4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

13340 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, Texas, 75240, United States

Westin.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• justintobias's Profile Photo

Perfect Hotel for shoppers.

Hotel is attached to the Dallas Galleria next to Ann Taylor. Perfect for those who plan on buying lots of stuff. Lots of upscale shops in the attached mall. One can also get a great breakfast on the first floor of the mall. As with all Westins, the bedding and comofrt of the room is great.

Unique Quality: Nice looking pool, attached mall, smoke free hotel.

Directions: 2 min north of I-635 and Dallas North Tollway

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Westin Hotel Galleria

This hotel was in the process of being renovated when I stayed here, so it wasn't up to the usual Westin standards. But its in a great location in downtown, within walking distance to the areas shops and restaurants. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well.

More about The Westin Galleria Dallas

Hotels of all choices

by kingbk

When you are in the metroplex, you have a wide variety of choices for hotels. Some are extremely nice and beautiful, while others are your run of the mill low cost lodging. Some of the very nice ones in Dallas include Adams Mark, The Mansion at Turtle Creek, the Westin Galleria and many others. If you want more of a "resort" style feel, you can stay at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. Fort Worth has the Worthington, a beautiful hotel in their downtown Sundance Square. My advice is to stay in Arlington, which is in between both areas, and then visit both cities from there.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

by where2next about Dallas Galleria

The Galleria is a nice place to window shop as many stores are upscale. So unless there is a sale (which actually are pretty frequent) or unless you are rich, then perhaps just go to stroll around.

Dallas Galleria

by kd_baby about Dallas Galleria

UPDATE: The group that manages the Galleria of Dallas have finished a major overhaul of the mall's interior. This mall now looks absolutely fabulous! This mall is definitely a "Must-See Activity".

Well, when you say "The Galleria", everyone tends to know what you're referencing. This is 3 story mall with excellent shopping venues. I don't buy a lot of merchandise there Well, there's the Cowboy Shop (I hate the Cowboys). $20-$200

By Far One of the Top Hotels in Dallas

The Westin Galleria Dallas is a great hotel. I stayed here a few weeks ago and enjoyed the luxury services and wonderful mall. The staff went out of their way to make my wife and I feel special. The heavenly bed and dual shower head was great. Everyone was friendly and always had a smile on their face. The concierge and front desk went out of their way to find us a romantic restaurant. We ended up going to Oceanaire which was the best seafood restaurant I have ever been to.

This hotel will always be a=our first choice when visiting dallas.

Not a 4 Star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member OKJulia

We stayed at the Westin Galleria in Dallas Dec. 27 thru Dec. 29. This hotel is rated as a four star hotel on hotels.com. It is not. On Dec. 28, after sightseeing for the day returned to our room about 4:30. It was not cleaned. We called the desk for housekeeping and they said they would get to it. We left about 6:30 without our room being cleaned, for the evening. It had been cleaned while we were out. Shower time and no towels! A basic item had been over looked.

Internet access is not free at the hotel, but Starbucks is just outside the hotel with wifi access. Water in the bar is $3. The concierge was very uninformed about the sights around Dallas. He was no help.

This is a 3 star hotel at best.

Average.....But with an Odor

I stayed at the Westin four nights on business.
Overall, the service was good, location very good (hotel located in a great mall) but the moldy smell of the rooms was horrible.
The smell was in the hallways, rooms and on every floor. After two days and leaving the room temperature on 50 degrees the smell did not bother me as much. However, I would never had accepted this if I was on vacation.

Never Been Treated Worse by Hotel Management Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Brad1970

I stayed here in March as part of a large group conference. Everything seemed to be okay, until the morning I went to check out. I was informed by the front desk employee that I would not receive a receipt because the group I was travelling with had decided to pick up the tab for me. I was pleasantly surprised, but asked them to verify this. They ran my name and debit card number, and sure enough, my name came up as "paid in full" by my conference hosts (which they sometimes do).

Well, a month later, out of the blue, the hotel suddenly charged my checking account the entire amount. I was not ready for this (it came without warning) and contacted the hotel to ask what had happened. I was told they had told me wrong, and made a "minor" mistake when telling me my bill was paid in full a month prior.

Next, I was put on the phone with a manager who was extremely rude, telling me I would not be compensated and too bad if my account went into the negative. He also told me that even if I made a complaint, it would only wind up back on his desk and he would dismiss it. I submitted a complaint through Starwood Services but (a week later) have still heard nothing back.

The way I see it, part of your entitlement when staying at a hotel is to be allowed a proper, accurate checkout upon leaving. This checkout should also include a hotel receipt with no surprises. Certainly, there should not be large, unexpected billings to your account a month after your stay. And if such a chain of events does occur AND is based on a mistake made by the hotel staff, they should at least offer to make the situation right. That did not happen here.

My advice? Choose another hotel. Because even if this one makes a mistake, they will not correct it. [Bonus advice: check the BBB records on this hotel - the only other unresolved complaint against this hotel was for - surprise - billing problems].

Very nice hotel and a great location

by TripAdvisor Member polin001

I stayed at this hotel with a group. All the employees that I dealt with could not have been nicer. My room was very large and clean and the club level lounge (I was upgraded for being Platinum) added to the overall positive experience at the hotel. The hotel was sold out for all three nights of my stay so the elevators took a while to come and then stopped at every floor. overall I would stay at this hotel if I am ever in Dallas again.

Galleria DallasGalleria Dallas

Visiting Dallas this saturday(30'th). Need Advice

by WizKidNinja

Hi,

I'm visiting Dallas with few friends on saturday (30'th) morning and leaving on Sunday (31'st) evening.
Need some help with planning the tour and selecting places and routes to go.
We are not very much in to Art, History kind of things.
Would like to just see some places like the aquariam in Fair Park, walk in big shopping malls, etc...
Please keep in mind that we r a bunch of poor College students, who r bored with a small college town and would like

to spend some time in a big city.

Given below is a list of things that I have selected.
Please add your comments, suggetions to the list.

-Dallas Tourist Information Center

-Fair Park
-Museum of Nature & Science, Fair Park
-Dallas Zoo (is it worth visiting? as per some reviews seems like its not that good)

-Dallas World Aquarium
-Dallas Fair Park Aquarium

-North Park shopping center
-Galleria Dallas Shopping Center
-Grapevine Mills Mall
-Plaza of the Americas

-Ride in the M-Line Trolley Service
-Reunion Tower (at night)

We will be dropped off at Fair Park in the morning and there after planning on doing the sightseen on out own.
Since it's not possible to rent a car, I thought of using DART as out main mode of transportation.

1. Which day pass should we buy? Local or Premium?
2. Where can we buy the DART tickets near Fair park?
3. Is there anything missing in my list? or anything that we should avoid?
4. Which one is better Dallas World Aquarium($15) or Dallas Fair Park Aquarium($4)? is it worth spending $15 on

World Aquarium?
5. So far I found 4 big shopping malls... North Park, Galleria, Grapevine & Plaza of the Americas. Which ones should

I choose from these?
6. Since DART will be my main mode of transportation, how should I plan this tour? In what order should I visit

these places? How far are they from DART stations?
7. Any extra tips like groups tickets (to save money), etc ...

Thanks in advance

RE: Visiting Dallas this saturday(30'th). Need Advice

by btex

all of those sites, except the galleria and grapevine mills, are not far from each other..downtown and fair park are pretty close...north park is about 10-15 minutes north on 75. you should call DART - they'll have someone to answer the public transport questions. as poor college students, the $4 fair park aquarium would probably be the best bet. i've never been to the other aquarium. the dallas zoo is good; the ft. worth zoo is better. deep ellum and the west end are in the downtown/fair park area too; they're worth seeing. that's alot to squeeze in over 2 days - good luck!

Comments