801 US Highway 75 N., Denison, Texas, 75020, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Denison

President Eisenhower's birthplacePresident Eisenhower's birthplace

Travel Tips for Denison

I lived here when I first...

by Kodi01

I lived here when I first moved to Texas. Small town, but we found the big lake which cools you down in the HOT Texas summers..

Great jet skiing on Lake Texoma in the summer. My dogs love to go to the lake!

Just a Quick Stop

by keeweechic

Denison was a 'quick peek' stopover on our way to Pottsboro/Lake Texoma to visit friends. I had a few things I wanted to check out including Eisenhower's birth place. That in itself proved a task to try and find. It was sign posted but not necessarily clearly from the freeway. It also started to rain just as we were about to do the tour.

The next task was to find somewhere to eat - avoiding the fast food joints. One restaurant that was recommended (when we stopped to ask for directions) had just closed down and it seemed that everything else we found after that was closed. We finally stumbled across a great little find of a Chinese Restaurant.

Denison had more to offer than we managed to have time to see such as a Frontier Village (Loy Lake Park)and the TV Munson Vineyards & Viticulture Centre (now I know I would have enjoyed this). This is a street mural we saw across one of the buildings.

Lake Texoma

by btex

Lake Texoma - it's about 1 hour by car from Dallas and just west of Denison. It's a big, attractive lake with opportunities for camping, fishing, boating, hiking and etc.... And, right on the other side of the lake is Oklahoma. One of the best lakes in the area. A hiking trail is in Eisenhower State Park - and a better one begins at Juniper Point - both on the Texas side. Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge is located at Lake Texoma too...Hagerman is a birdwatchers hang-out...people can hike and fish there too.

Sherman

by keeweechic

Sherman is the seat of Grayson County and is home to many Fortune 500 companies, which include Texas Instruments, Proctor and Gamble and Johnson & Johnson Medical Inc. Sherman has many antique stores including delightful shops in Kelly Square Mall.

South of Denison on Hwy 75 - about 9 miles.

Oklahoma

by keeweechic

Denison butts up to the Oklahoma border. Durant is known as the Magnolia Capital of the Oklahoma because of its large number of magnolia trees which line the streets as well as those on the Southeastern Oklahoma State University campus. Fort Washita, ia 150-acre site which contains the well-preserved, partially restored remains of an American Indian fort built in 1842. It is just out of Durant.

North of Durant on Hwy 75, just over the Oklahoma border.

Comments