La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton-University Drive

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Denton

AppetizerAppetizer

Street leading past a college campusStreet leading past a college campus

Denton's GraveDenton's Grave

Looking up into the domeLooking up into the dome

Travel Tips for Denton

GO EAGLES!!!!!

by msbrandysue

Go see the MEAN GREEN kick some ass!! Our football team is great and usually takes the division title. Our basketball teams (both male and female) are outstanding. Our new softball team is making their way up there. Come support the eagles and have a great time!

For football season come tail gate and meet some of the best people around!

THE BEST TIME TO COME: HOMECOMING!!! Usually in September or October

Check the website for a game/event! You need GREEN clothing, hat, shades, cooler full of beer, and some strong hands and vocal cords to cheer along.

Oakwood - Pioneer Cemetery

by grandmaR

under construction

Texas State Senator, Pioneer of Denton Texas, Denton County Treasurer and Judge

Born in Mississippi, Jesse Mercer Blount married Sophia Caudle in Carroll County, MS. He came to Texas in 1856 and settled in Denton County where he assisted in laying out the County Seat (Denton) of Denton County in 1857 along with such other leaders as preacher John Calvin Smith, J. M. McNeil and G. W. Hughes. City lots were auctioned, a post office was opened, and a church was founded. He was elected county judge and held the office for several years. He was a state Senator in 1866, going out of office with the Throckmorton administration in the reconstruction. He afterwards held several other city and county offices. Judge Blount was a Royal Arch Mason and a member of the Baptist church. He died February 22, 1899 and was buried February 23, 1899 with Masonic honors.

Pioneer Hall

by keeweechic

Pioneer Hall is the newest building on TWU's campus and is home to the 2003 USA Gymnastics national collegiate champions. The team has held this title for 7 out of the past 10 years. There is an indoor swimming pool, running track and racquetball courts, and fitness rooms which have free classes for students and with a fee to the public. What is quite cool is a walking track which is suspended above the basketball and volleyball court.

North Dallas Party Town!

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come??"

I came to Denton to attend the University of North Texas. I'm happy to say that I just left because...I graduated!!! However, the time I spent there was very fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

UNT is a great school for music. Coming out of high school singing was my life. I quickly found out that it takes a lot of determination, practice, perseverance and faith to live in the music world. I did not have enough of those qualities so I found myself in education.

I LOVE TEACHING and UNT's School of Education made me the teacher that I am today. I would highly recommend this school if you are living in the Dallas area or want to have a highly competitive music career!

"My Favorite Part"

My favorite part of my college career was all the people I met and befriended. I worked hard and played harder! The first year there I made some great friends in the dorms. The next year I joined a sorority and met many more great ladies (and gentlemen)! Then, after I started working and studying in the child care field I met some more amazing people. I love them all!

"Surprise Attraction"

Denton is changing right now...It's growing and working through growing pains. I think something I took for granted was the night life. Now that I've moved away from a college town I miss everything being open 24hours or until 3am.

They have 24 hour coffee shops, fast food, grocery stores, etc.

They have pizza delivery until 2am, all fast food until then, etc, etc. If you are young or a night owl like me, I think you'll love the hours of operation.

Comments