800 North Main St, Duncanville, TX, 75116

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

Travel Tips for Duncanville

SW of Dallas

by etfromnc

Like most of the Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex, Duncanville is growing by leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, it also has signs of serious decay in the midst of its expansion. When I lived in Azle (near Ft Worth), about the only thing of significance in D-ville was the International Linguistics Center (ILC) where I was fortunate enough to spend some time. I was back there recently for a conference on "Storytelling" (communication techniques among oral, as opposed to written, communicators) and had a wonderful stay but was disappointed to see that the ILC which was very isolated is now being swallowed up by development. Nevertheless, I did get the opportunity to walk about eight miles in my search for a birthday card for my brother, so perhaps it is not so eaten up with development after all. Unfortunately, I passed a closed (as in out-of-business) pharmacy and grocery store on my way, ergo, my comment about decay in the midst of development.

Comments