Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Paso I-10 East

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites  I-10 East
Booking.com HIExpress.com Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about El Paso

El Paso Zoo's Asian jungle with 2 animals, TexasEl Paso Zoo's Asian jungle with 2 animals, Texas

The Chamizal National Memorial, El Paso, TexasThe Chamizal National Memorial, El Paso, Texas

Convention and Performing Arts CenterConvention and Performing Arts Center

Greyhound Bus Terminal in El PasoGreyhound Bus Terminal in El Paso

Anyone left?

by Lucky2006

I'am from El Paso, and notice that this forum gets very little use, if any...

by Robin922

Welcome to the forum!

I remember El Paso! It's been 30+ years, but remember it. ;-)

In truth you will find that the majority of the postings are for the 'tourist' cities and states. However, the little hidden jewels do get some activity.

A perfect example is Arkansas, tourism is one of our biggest industries, however you don't see many postings requesting information.

Think of this way, not only can you learn about other places, but it's a great place to promote your own area. Not to mention when that occasional person does request info, your input could be very valuable to that person.

by Beausoleil

Isn't Hueco Tanks State Park near El Paso? We visited there long ago. It was beautiful, as was El Paso. It was a bit warm in August though! 8^)

by voyager37

Well, I am from El Paso, been gone for years now, but when looking for traveling info, ELP, does not exactly come to mind, that and the fact that El Pasoans are slow to connect to the electronic age.

Travel Tips for El Paso

as our visit to El Paso was...

by zitronella

as our visit to El Paso was under the mere focus of getting our flat tyre replaced (see my Arizona pages) I can tell you everything about El Paso garages ... it was great to see how everybody was helping so much to find the right tyre for our exotic rental car ...

Don't Make Fun of the Army

by DrewV

Fort Bliss, which became a major Army base back in the days of Pancho Villa, dominates Northeast El Paso. After border traffic (and possibly boots), the fort represents the primary industry in the city. So don't make fun of soldiers while you're there.

You might remember Fort Bliss as being the home base of many of the POW's in the latest Iraq war. You can be fairly certain that there weren't many peace protests in El Paso.

Arroyo Park

by Fewf

When thunderstorms pass over the mountains, the water comes down in a flash flood. To save themselves from disaster, cities and towns make arroyos, lower places where nothing is built through which the water gets channeled. El Paso has one of these, and, after checking the sky for thunderclouds, we went in. You can hardly see anything artificial from here, and the one place in the El Paso area where you'll really get a feel for what the area was like before man set foot here. The arroyo is located between Rim Road and Robinson Ave.

I go there for the wings, really.

by goingplaces about Hooters

Hooters is an American original. Established as a wing house, they've done much to bolster their image. Throw in gorgeous waitresses in short shorts and extra-tight tops, and you have a restaurant that lives up to its motto: 'Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.' That said, the clientele is a pretty even balance of male and female. And no, nobody can help but stare at the servers. The menu is pretty decent, but just stick to the wings. It is, afterall, what they're *really* known for....; ) Buffalo wings! That's what almost everyone gets when going to Hooters. Having recently made the decision to try the Buffalo shrimp, I believe I'll be sticking to the wings on future visits. One warning though...all those sauces you want to dip your wings in are not free. They go for $.55.

Historical Downtown El Paso, Texas

by jumpingnorman

Downtown El Paso

This historic downtown looks really historic – the buildings echo the past (somewhat Spanish colonial) and 1950’s kind mixed up altogether in a vibrant Hispanic community. I saw about 5 Hispanic men all wearing their cowboy hats --- so I also was wearing mine which I got all the way from Bogota, Colombia (hehehe- try to beat that good Colombian leather).

Everything does seem to be conveniently located --- we bought our drinks from a little grocery store. There were so many tempting Mexican breakfast eateries, but we already had breakfast…too bad.

As we were passing the stores, I did see the prices of kid shirts at less than $5!

Comments