El Paso Hotels

Our Members Say

• megs_entropy profile photo megs_entropy
  • Reviews: 20

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doubletree by Hilton Downtown: disappointing

Check-in clerk had an attitude of superiority. We tried to get dinner at the restaurant and was told they had just closed (before 9) and were directed to the bar. We sat for 10 minutes before anyone noticed, and then waited 10 more minutes for them to bring a menu. We ended up going somewhere else to eat. Rooms were comfortable, but not anything special. I will not stay here again.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written April 2, 2013

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7645

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Super 8 - Clint: Try Another Place Near El Paso

There were no real extras in this motel; but the bed was comfortable and the TV nice, and it was cheap. The girl that checked me in was nice. Unfortunately things went downhill the next morning. They did not have spoons for the breakfast so I had to eat my cereal with a fork. They only had one type of cereal. Then the ultimate sin, they were out of coffee! The guy at the front desk was not that nice; but he appeared to be having a bad day. All in all though I probably would not stay here again. $54 as of April 2012.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written May 4, 2012

Super 8 - Clint

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7645

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Super 8 - Anthony: Nice Budget Motel in Nearby Anthony

$61 in April 2012. This hotel had a few extras like a SR, and a nice TV. The owner was very nice and friendly. Not a bad choice and fairly cheap for a chain hotel near a big city. The Denny's was in easy walking distance. I'd stay here again. Good alternative to staying in El Paso.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 4, 2012

Super 8 - Anthony

• Gillybob profile photo Gillybob
  • Reviews: 724

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Camino Real Hotel: Historical Hotel with Great Rooms

I booked this hotel through www.expedia.co.uk and paid a very reasonable price, expecting a reasonable 3* hotel; I couldn't have been more surprised when I walked into the lobby of the hotel and found an exceptional area with helpful staff. My surprise reached a new level when I arrived at my room; being used to European standards, my room was HUGE - and this was a Standard Room!

My room consisted of a King bed (as requested), seating area with 2-seater sofa and armchair, work area and en suite bathroom. The room was provided with hairdryer, complimentary coffee, ironing board and iron, TV and alarm clock radio.

The hotel has 350 rooms and suites with views of the Franklin Mountains, downtown El Paso and neighbouring Juarez, Mexico. The hotel also has 3 luxury suites (Governor’s, El Paso, and Presidential) which are located on the 17th floor.

The hotel is provided with free WiFi, gym, gift shop, art gallery, roof top pool, complimentary airport shuttle, 2 restaurants and a bar; it is located within easy walking distance of the Greyhound terminus.

Room rate did not include breakfast.

I was pleasantly surprised by my room size; I know American hotel rooms to be spacious but my room at the Camino Real felt almost like a suite!

I would definitely like to have a return visit to this hotel and spend more time visiting El Paso.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written February 26, 2012

Camino Real

• Fewf profile photo Fewf
  • Reviews: 251
Really Cheap Lodging: Really Cheap Lodging

There isn't really a place where I can put general accomodation advice, so I'm putting it here. If you're in downtown El Paso and looking for really, really cheap lodging, and willing to put up with any kind of place, just walk northward on either Oregon St. or Mesa St. There's a whole bunch of slightly seedy but very cheap-looking places, and they're very close.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 30, 2006

• buffalodoctor profile photo buffalodoctor
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gardner hostel: best bang for the buck

When in El Paso , I would stay at the Gardner hostel because it is right downtown within ten minutes walk to the border and the prices you can't beat $23 dollars a night.

They also have internet access for a dollar for ten minutes but I would save my money and go three blocks down the street to the library where it is free.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written February 14, 2004

• dln6874 profile photo dln6874
  • Reviews: 163
Gardner Hostel: El Paso International Youth Hostel

The hostel has 2 floors above the ground floor with many 4 person rooms. The rooms are small, but during low season (I went in early April), there is hardly anyone there so I had a room to myself, as did some other people. While the rooms and its floors weren't much, the lobby, lounge, and kitchen were more homely.

I was there for only one night, but I showed up in the evening just as the assistant manager, Antonio, was about to cook dinner for 4 other guests. He asked if I wanted to join and I did. He was very friendly, as were the other guests I met there. We all played cards after dinner. Antonio offers guided trips around the area for a small fee so you shouldn't feel stranded in the hostel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written May 7, 2003

Front of Hostel

• morgandk profile photo morgandk
  • Reviews: 207

The Sunset Inn
The Inn is a...

The Sunset Inn
The Inn is a Victorian style mansion built in 1905 and located barely a mile from downtown El Paso in the historic Sunset Heights district
$170 US

Just 1/4 mile from downtown, the 3-story, air-conditioned treasure, surrounded by wrought iron fencing, was built in Victorian style in 1905. Public rooms are on the first floor. Three guest rooms, each with private baths occupy the second floor. The large third floor can be reserved for conferences. Breakfast is an affair to remember with five to eight course masterpieces. The swimming pool with jacuzzi and outdoor fireplace offers the perfect spot for relaxation.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 2, 2002

• sambarnett profile photo sambarnett
  • Reviews: 560

Gardner Hotel/Hostel: Gardner Hotel/Hostel

Pretty sad when the highlight of your visit is the hotel...

I stayed in a private room. The Gardner features an excellent location and staying here is like a trip back in time. The lobby is quite nice, the lift elevator is neat and the hotel feels as if it hasn't changed much fifty years. A room without a bathroom is only $20, and if you get the urge you can pull a Lenny Bruce (read How To Talk Dirty and Influence People and you'll see what I mean). John Dillinger once stayed here.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive