5220 Locke Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas, 76107, United States

Priceline.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

• Avoid this B&B and Wedding Chapel At All Costs

I am not one to leave reviews, ever. However, I was just that unimpressed with this establishment (the B&B and Wedding Chapel).

Here is the gist: Kelly the innkeeper/wedding coordinator should never have been given this position. I have never wanted to tell someone off more than her for ruining my good friend's special day. The owner of B&B and Chapel, David, who was the officiant for the ceremony was 20 minutes late to the wedding and his cell phone went off during the ceremony. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the wedding business, and I have been married and been in several weddings (all at different locations with different coordinators/officiants/owners, etc.).

I was in a wedding at the Wedding Chapel and the Reception was at the B&B. It was a horrible experience from the beginning. For me, that would be at the Wedding Rehearsal. Kelly, the innkeeper/wedding coordinator, was the biggest problem. The #1 thing that a person in her position should do is to be accommodating. She was anything but. The #2 thing that she should have is people skills. She has none. She was 30 minutes late to the Rehearsal. She probably wouldn't have shown up at all, except she was called. When called she said that she had "totally forgotten" and was "running errands." This was the second meeting that she had "totally forgotten" about and was "running errands."

So when she finally showed up, she parks and walks right past us and to the front of the chapel to unlock the door. No apology, no greeting, nothing. When we got inside it was extremely hot. Everyone was sweating. Then, she starts to tell us how the wedding was going to run, without consulting the bride. The maid of honor had to speak up and tell Kelly that the decisions of how the wedding were going to go were not Kelly's but the bride's. Every single time that a suggestion was made she scoffed and said how she thought it was supposed to be (this was true for the entire time from Rehearsal to end of Reception). What she should have done was say "Oh, yes. Of course we can do it." Not "Oh. This is how I would do it, but alright. Blah, blah, blah." Ummm...ever heard of customer service? The customer is always right. Your opinion does not matter. It is not your wedding.

Day of wedding, Kelly was called several times and never answered or returned any calls. She was late, again (only a few minutes this time, thank goodness). Even though we were assured that the chapel would be well air-conditioned on the wedding day, it was not. Once again, everyone was sweating.

So, it's time for the wedding to start and everyone was ready, except that the officiant was not there. Kelly assured us that he would be there soon. He was 20 minutes late. During the ceremony the music was messed up and the officiant's cell phone starting ringing. He also included some stuff into the ceremony that the Bride and Groom had specifically not wanted in their wedding.

At the Reception, we were told that everything had to be cleaned up by 10:00pm. The owner's daughter told the bride 10:30pm. However, try explaining that to Kelly. The fact that the owner/officiant had made everything late because he was 20 minutes late to the wedding was , of course not taken into consideration.

The ONLY positive thing that can be said is that the Chapel and B&B are pretty (besides the wobbly stage and messed up wood floors--in more than one area, and lack of the ability to run the a/c). That is it.

• Do not have your wedding here

I was matron of honor in a wedding yesterday. I'm not one to leave reviews. I'[d usually rather sleep or be on facebook. But this place needs it.

Short Version (but the long one is more fun): Wedding coordinator late for many appointments because she totally forgot, and was running errands, including the REHEARSAL. Officiant/Owner of B&B late for the wedding and his phone went off in the ceremony. Completely unprofessional, Do not use them unless you want your wedding to be a nightmare.

Do not have your wedding or reception here, or anything for that matter. They don't deserve your business. Kelly, the innkeeper/wedding coordinator was at least 30 minutes late for the bride and groom to pay her the last half of there money. I wasn't there for that one, but when the bride called she had "completely forgotten" about their meeting and was "running errands." Seriously... Okay, so on mistake, no big deal, no review needed. On the day of the REHEARSAL we call her after she is 10 minutes late. We are standing in the heat and the sun on a time limit, and she "completely forgot" and was "running errands" again. She said she would be there in a couple minutes. It was 20 more minutes. Great. Did she apologize to the bride when she finally got there? Of course not. That would require some amount of people skills.The air wasn't on before we got there so it was really hot in the chapel. During the rehearsal, she starts trying to tell the bride how she is going to run her wedding. (No worries, stopped that one in it's tracks.)

I told her I would call her at 3 the next day to make sure she remembered to meet us at 4. She said "I'm not going to forget about that and scoffed, then complained about be being unfriendly... yeah.

So the next day, the day of the wedding, I call, and she sends me to voicemail and doesn't call back. When I call her from the bride's phone, her phone is turned off. That's comforting...

So I head over there, and she does actually show up by about 4:03 so she wasn't horribly late. But then, as we enter the chapel, I see used tissue in the pews, so I pick it up (disgusting) with other tissues. Then She doesn't offer to do it for me (hello, not my job, you are getting paid). She doesn't thank me for doing it. She just stares at me as I hold this nasty germ filled mess in my hands. (Hello, offer the nice matron of honor a trashcan????) So I give her a mean look (my bad) and ask for a trash can. Takes her a while to find one. That was irritating and gross.

The fake wood panels on the floor were bubbling up. Hooray tripping hazard!! Great for dresses and heels. I felt safe. /sarcasm

So, the thermostat was set to 75 (too hot), but we fixed it ourselves since they have yet to do a whole lot right.

So we get ready, they do have some nice things for people to use their (I found a positive! Yay me.)

Then it's go time! The bride is ready on time, beautiful, in uncomfortable shoes, and ready to walk down the aisle and meet her groom. But wait! There's more! The officiant, WHO IS ALSO THE OWNER of Lockheart Gables, WAS LATE. 15-20 minutes late! Really?! REALLY!?!?!

But wait!!! There is STILL more!! In the middle of the 20-30 minute ceremony, the officiant adds things in that the couple specifically requested that he takes out, things that were actually offensive to them. AND to top it all off, during the unity sand ceremony the officiant's PHONE goes off! The officiant's phone goes off! And it takes him entirely too long to make it stop!

Minor detail, Kelly, the coordinator didn't use her brain and loop the unity sand song when it stopped, instead she let another song play (their exit song) then stopped that song then started the other again. VERY unprofessional and infuriating.

Then we get to the B&B for the reception and we ask for some more time (30 minutes) to clean up and celebrate because the officiant was late and it pushed our time back. So Kelly started to say that we can't and that she would turn the lights off on us at 10. (And as a result off on the guys who she said were taking down tables at 10. Not very logical, that one.)

Oh, and their sound system is crap. It kept messing up during the bride and groom dance, but they couldn't have a professional DJ and sound system unless they rented out all of the rooms.

So... that was long, but don't use this place for your wedding unless you want to be angry the whole time. And don't use it for a B&B in hopes that it will go out of business and no one else will have to suffer what my friend did.

Unique Quality: Worst service I've ever seen. Worst people skills I've ever seen around a wedding.

Comments