Hoffman Haus

608 East Creek Street, Fredericksburg, Texas, 78624, United States

More about Hoffman Haus

Very pleasant stay at the Hoffman Haus

by TripAdvisor Member southernexplorer

Thanks to Tripadvisor.com for steering us to this place. My husband and I just got back from a trip to the Hill Country with my parents and his mother. We stayed at the Hoffman Haus and found it to be the perfect place for our group of 5 adults. We stayed in the historic Basse Cottage which was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. Nice big bathrooms, a full kitchen, and great beds. The setting was lovely and breakfasts were delicious (delivered to our door every morning). We also loved the organic, fair trade coffee!

Highly recommend this place for its location, character, and hospitality.

By the way, if you are looking for guidance on the best places to see wildflowers in the Hill Country, we found an incredibly helpful (and totally accurate) website -- google on Texas Department of Transportation and "wildflowers" to find it.

Best Place For A Dream Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member man1Odessa_Tx_

Leslie and Courtney at Hoffman Haus are the two most wonderful people I have experienced in a long time. They bent over backwards to make my daughter's wedding a magical and moving experience. The food that they served was fantastic. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The beds were out of this world.
I can heartily reccomend Hoffman Haus to any one who needs a restful and relaxing get away for a weekend or a week.
My wife and I will make it a point to visit Hoffman Haus again and again.

Jerry Fisher

Fabulous!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PinkCorgi

We stayed at the Hoffman Haus in October 2006 and had such a wonderful time. Breakfast was wonderful every morning, the owner even put treats in the breakfast basket for my dog, which I thought was so thoughtful. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the hostess was very welcoming. We had never been to a bed-and-breakfast type place before and this was such a great experience and we would highly recommend Hoffman Haus to anyone. We stayed in the Evening Star and would love to go back some day.

Innkeeper the Best!

by TripAdvisor Member BBrown1053

We had my daughter's bachelorette party at Hoffman Haus last spring; and Leslie Washburne (the innkeeper and chef supreme) agreed to lead a vegetarian cooking class for the group in her cooking-school farmhouse away from Hoffman Haus. Not only were the HH rooms really nice, spacious, and very comfortable (and Leslie had just had a fire consume almost all of one of them), but it was the perfect place for our group. Leslie is gracious, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We highly recommend it! The cooking class was fun, and our resulting lunch was fabulous. Several of us love to cook, but this was our second cooking class with Leslie; and both times, we picked up many new ideas!

"Architectural Digest" in the Hill Country...

by TripAdvisor Member JackSD

Hoffman Haus is a supremely relaxed and refined place at the same time -- a blend of "Architectural Digest" in room decor, Hill Country rustic in the exteriors and lay-out, and absolute warmth on the part of its welcoming owners and staff. We stayed in Basse House, and the shared living room/corridor and kitchen serving its two elegant suites reinforce a sense of family and hospitality that the entire inn creates. This is one of the most distinctive inns that I've ever had the pleasure of staying in...

Great B&B in the HIll Country

by TripAdvisor Member gosolo

What a wonderful place to stay! The B&B has been decorated in the best of Texas style - elegant , natural, and so, so comfortable. The rooms are all gorgeous, the cooking is absolutely first rate, and the service is just fantastic! Very close in, but peaceful and beautiful. The owners are charming, warm, and very hospitable. We had a wonderful time and will always and only stay at Hoffman Haus when we're in the Hill Country. You can be certain of a memorable visit here. It's so nice, you won't want to go home!

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member chloeTexas

I booked the Evening Star room for one night in January 2007to celebrate my sister's birthday. We had a lovely room downstairs with a loft above with twin beds. Very warm and inviting - small fireplace and kitchenette. The beds were very very comfortable-seating arrangement in the sitting area was well set up and relaxing. Our breakfast the next morning was brought to our room at nine sharp and was delicious.
Leslie - the owner was very gracious and helpful with all of our needs and with information concerning tourist activities in and around town.Also, the B&B was in a short walking distance to all the fun shops of Fredericksberg.
Overall our experience with Hoffman Haus was very very good. Would definitly stay again. Also would love to utilize their banquet area for a wedding or grand celebration. Very lovely and tastefully done. I highly recommend this B&B for a romantic getaway or a fun weekend for the girls.

Texas treasure

by TripAdvisor Member Highseas

My dear friend was getting married and chose the Hoffman Haus as the place to stay and hold the wedding. We were honored to join them for this beautiful occasion, and were more than thrilled when we arrived. Our room was spacious, very clean, nice and cool, and beatifully appointed. How nice to be at a B&B that wasn't drenched in flowers, plaid and wooden hearts!! A hot breakfast was delivered to our door the next morning by the owner who could not have been more welcoming, gracious, and informative. She invited us to meet her later in the morning for a tour of the property and to see a couple of rooms that weren't occupied. The grounds were nicely maintained and the garden area was lovely! In the Texas heat, that's quite an accomplishment! Our friends' wedding was intimate and wonderful, and Leslie was there afterwards to make sure all the details were handled. The entire family went out of their way to make sure our stay was more than memorable, and they exceeded our expectations in every way. We appreciated the friendship, conversations, in-town shopping and dining suggestions, and the delicious breakfasts - icing on the cake! My husband and I will definitely make this a stop a couple of times a year to unwind, relax, be pampered, and enjoy the warm Southern hospitality! Our sincere thanks to Leslie, Hugh and Sarah!

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member Darla700

If you want to plan a wedding or special event - you must see this place. It is absolutely amazing. The natural beauty of the garden will take your breath away. The charm and elegance is beyond description.

The owner and staff are wonderful to work with. They offer helpful advice and terrific tips to make you event as stress-free as possible. As the mother of the soon-to-be bride - I cannot explain the level of comfort and reassurance they provide. They offer you everything from a hair dresser to a tux rental shop (and everything in between).

I have made MANY trips to Fredericksburg planning this wedding with my daughter. These folks are the real deal. We've "dropped in" unpectedly and it's the same warm reception each and every time.

They deserve your consideration and a quick trip to see the grounds and the amazing suites. If you need a venue for the event to remember - it's the Hoffman Haus. Looking at the photos on the site will not give you a true sense of elegant rooms. This is a see for yourself. You will feel like you're in a wonderland.

No lace or frilly bedspreads - yeah!

by TripAdvisor Member aggiemaria

My husband and I spent a wonderful romantic weekend here in the bunk house room. Just fantastic. Breakfast delivered to your door each morning made fresh by the owner (who is a chef). On Fridays they have a lovely happy hour in the garden. Very private, yet you can get outside and visit with the other guests. We spent all weekend shopping, visiting wineries and in some great restaurants. We loved Allisons, the Hilltop and Lincoln Street. We will be back soon.

4 Days In Fredricksburg

by mistyseastham

I will be spending 4 days in Fredricksburg, TX and I need suggestions on things and places to go and do. I will be staying at the Hoffman Haus and will have my own transportation. HELP?!?!?!

Re: 4 Days In Fredricksburg

by ridermirv

Fredricksburg isn't that big, so most everything is there on hwy. 290 going through the middle of town. There are lots of shops and restaurants along the main drag, and on the side streets off the main drag.

There's not enough to really keep a person occupied for 4 days, so you might think of exploring the area a little. Luchenbach, The Willow City loop, Enchanted Rock park, and Johnson City are all near.

Happy Trails,