Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian Resort

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 105% more and rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Dirty, Damaged, Like Public Housing

It is very run down. Not the place it once was. Seems to have a lot of people living in it as public housing on a permanent basis. We stayed one nite and checked out first thing the next day and found a better place.

People were knocking at our door in the middle of the night.

Crazy part... we paid MORE than 200 per night. Others were checking in for less than 50 when I arrived. I remembered the place as a child. It is not the same.

Unique Quality: Sad

More about Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian Resort

Horrible

by TripAdvisor Member honey005

I have been to Galveston many times and my dream was always to stay at the Victorian. I have to say, the dream was horrible and i will never stay again. The night we arrived the girl on duty sat on the phone for at least 5 minutes, the ladies in front of us were making remarks like.. "i know she see's us" We went up to our room. The bathroom had a leak, the room wasn't as clean as it could of been and the drawer was broken. I called down and they did put us in another room, next door... somewhat better i thought. Later that night after dinner we returned....we went down, and asked if we could get in the whirlpool. The girl then on duty was sweet and called down to maintenance, security said we could... this was close to 10 pm hour.. but maintenance clearly so NO over the speaker that we heard. The girl at the desk felt bad but teh maintenance guy would not let us in, and we were clearly grownups and she explained we would like to take a quick dip, not like we were 10 and wanted to swim all night. We went back to the room, the heater did not work normally you can set a hearter to automatic, this you manually had to turn it off and on, it was about 50 degree's the bed in the living room was hard and nasty and the blankets needed to be washed. More things were wrong but you get the point. This was dissapointing and i will never stay there again. Also i noticed that the manager replys, but the manager never replied when i checked out and the girl at the front desk, the rude one from the day before....wanted to be friendly this time and said that was a better room i put you in right... i bluntly said yeah ok... not even and i wont be back. The manager was there at that time and never replied...

WONDERFUL!! (1/05)

My sisters and I went for girls weekend out and my 50th birthday. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and they had staff in the room to help if you needed it. The room faced the ocean and we loved the balcony where we sat and had a drink and watched the sunset. We had a great trip and the Victorian made it extra special!

Enjoyed the Stay

by TripAdvisor Member AustinMan

My wife and I just stayed two days at the Victorian and enjoyed our stay very much. Check-in went very smoothly and staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful. We stayed in a very clean one bedroom condo that had a nice balcony that overlooked one of the two pools and had a nice view of the ocean. The condo was essentially a small one bedroom apartment that had a small bedroom, a separate enclosed bunk bed "closet", kitchen (equipped with a refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, dishes, etc.), a small dining room, a living room, and a full bath. The room was clean, decently furnished, and smelled great. The "continental breakfast" was decent but pretty limited in choice and included muffins, bagles, waffles, fruit, milk, juice , and coffee. There are only three waffle machines and typically there is a large group wanting waffles so you need to either get there early or expect a long wait for this item. There are two pools on the property of which one is heated. The condo grounds were well manicured. Make sure and ask for a room that overlooks one of the pools AND the ocean as the balconies of the outermost buildings allow only a limited view of the ocean and a good view of the adjacent hotel or the Walmart and Sonic. Many restarants and other businesses are located close by and the seawall and ocean are just across the street. A very nice place overall and I plan on staying at the Victorian again while in Galveston.

Loved it! Wish we could've stayed longer!

by TripAdvisor Member luv2travl56

My fiance and I stayed for a long weekend for his Birthday, we were more than happy with both the service we received and the quality of our room. Everything was clean, the balconies are great! The fact that you can literally walk across the street to the beach was a huge plus, i'm sure during peak seasons when there's no parking to be found on the street this would be really convienent. We didn't really explore the hotel very much but there's a beautiful courtyard area with gardens and a fountain, two pools, although only one was open when we went and one day there was no place to sit by the pool. The only negative about the room was the bed, it was actually a little too soft for me, the second night was better than the first though. The only thing i regret about our stay is that we didn't go for a whole week! If you go to galveston, wether you stay here or not, go horseback riding on the beach, it's only $20/3 mile ride and it's just awesome!!!! We would definately stay here again!!!

good for girl scout troop

by TripAdvisor Member alamofamily

My Girl Scout troop rented a 2BR unit in April for our big trip to Galveston. We managed fairly well using sleeping bags on the floor combined with the beds, bunkbeds etc to all fit in the unit without feeling cramped. The continental breakfast is on a the low end. It was messy and disorganized without a lot of choices, but FREE. The kids LOVED the heated pools though and the location was very convenient. Our unit was clean and had no problems. A friend stayed in a 1 BR nearby and complained of broken fixtures and dirty linens. Ask questions too about ALL costs because some extra appear with the bill .

Loved it !!! Will stay again!!!!

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and it was a really great choice. We really enjoyed our stay here. It was very romantic and we loved the pools and whirlpools, and the staff was very nice and understanding. I told my husband I wanted to bring our children back in the summer to stay. They would love it also.

Great rooms!

My husband, two teenagers and I stayed here for two nights. The condo was very nice, clean and cold! The pool was very clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. We could walk to some of the restaurants and the beach is just across the street. We will definitely stay here again.

Nice, but could have been cleaner

We stayed in a room facing the ocean...it was a lovely view and was close to many attractions. What we did not like was that the room was not very clean and was run down looking. Mold in the shower, very dirty floors, generally run down looking and not very well kept.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with 4 adults and 2 children (ages 3 and 5). The bunk-beds were nice, but no guard rails were provided for top-bunk. The kids really like the zero-entry pool - it was a nice feature of the hotel. The morning breakfast went fast! Not much left by 8am!

If we go back to Galveston, we will probably look into other lodging. I was just uncomfortable with how dirty/unkept it was.

Victorian O.K. if you don't mind a little dirt and Extra Fees.

by TripAdvisor Member mega04

My family and my cousins family shared a two bedroom with bunkbeds for a short vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even let us check in a little early. The condo was not bad, except for the floors- they were dirty and gritty. The bunk beds were fun for the kids - they had rails but they were a little high, I was afraid our 3 year old could slip out between the rails so I had her sleep on the couch. Our room faced the Gulf which was very nice , but I don't think that they ever cleaned the balcony - the concrete was dirty.The Breakfast was nice, they had a good selection for a continental breakfast. The pools that they have were the highlight - my kids 3 and 5 loved them. We checked out and got another suprise, they added more fees and taxes on fees than I've ever seen on a hotel bill. We had an extra $70 on our 2 day stay than what they had quoted us when we booked. I think we will try a different place next time we go to Galveston for a weekend .

Comments