8628 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Texas, 77554, United States

HIExpress.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Happy people rarely write reviews... sigh...

I read the last reviewer's comments (in all-caps and fraught with spelling errors btw) and had to say that we had a magnificent experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Galveston. Funny, I met that nice, young man, Darin, too, but he was very helpful and polite to me -- maybe because I treated him like a human being? I also met Yvonne that next morning and she was also very polite and congenial. I guess it depends on if a person goes up to the desk stomping and whining like a three-year-old versus a real adult.

The room was a suite, and I thought it was very clean. It is on the Gulf, so you will not have a mountain breeze in the air, but the WIFI worked for us, and the breakfast in the morning was quite tasty -- not many people around, but maybe they were asleep. We went to the Strand and rode the ferry (saw dolphins!) and otherwise had a great trip to Galveston. The people on the island are lovely, and the customer service and accomodations at our hotel was very affordable and comfortable.

Unique Quality: Pool looked okay; I didn't come to sit by the pool... The view was nice. The hotel has a laundry and a weight room.

• DONT DO IT!DONT RISK YOUR HEALTH!

FIRST OFF,THIS HOTEL IS SUPPOSED TO BE 3 YEARS OLD BUT IT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE ITS 100YEARS! ME,MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER (SHES 2YRS OLD) STAYED HERE JULY 8-THRU JULY 11 AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW THEY RUN THIS PLACE. I CAN GO ON AND ON SO ILL SUM IT UP FOR EVERYONE.
    #1. BED BUGS! YES!! THIS IS WHY WE LEFT!! BLOOD WAS ON OUR BED THE SECOND DAY AFTER WE CAME BACK FROM BEACH!!! LOOKED UNDER SHEETS AND THERE IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!I REPORTED IT TO DARIN AND ALL I GOT WAS A "IM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT..I CANNOT MOVE YOU DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAVE NO MORE ROOMS" SO I SAID OK. FINE (ALONG WITH SOME OTHER STATEMENTS I WONT REPEAT)OH AND HE COULDNT REFUND ANYTHING,OR HELP FIND US ANOTHER HOTEL! HA!! WHATS THE MATTER WITH THIS GUY!!!!!!????
    #2. ROACHES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
    #3. WOMAN AT FRONT DESK (MANAGER) YVONNE, WAS A NIGHTMARE! FRONT DESK WORKER IVE EVER MET.SHE COULDNT EVEN ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION WITHOUT AN ATTITUDE!!! AND THE OTHER NIGHT "MANAGER" DARIN IS THE WORST OF THEM ALL!
    #4. CRIBS ARE NOT SAFE FOR YOUR CHILD.. IF THERE WAS BUGS IN THE BED WHAT MAKES SOMEONE THINK THAT THERE WONT BE IN A CRIB!! AND WHEN I REQUESTED ONE YVONNE (WHO WAS SITTING DOWN READING NOT BUSY) SAID SHE WOULD HAVE TO SEND SOMEONE UP WITH IT.) THREE HOURS LATER I GOT THE CRIB.. ANOTHER HA!
    WHAT A JOKE.
    #5. ROOMS ARE GROSS, CARPETS STAINED, MOLD ON WALLS,BALCONY DOOR NOT SEALED, OVER ALL PATHETIC!!! THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS NAME IS NOW FOREVER RUINED FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT STAY HERE!

Comments