Holiday Inn Galveston On The Beach

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Hotels.com IHG Expedia.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great Place to stay

We came in as a walk in. And at first I thought they would really give it to me for not having a reservation. They had 1 room that was available immediately for check in, which was at 12 noon. She could tell I was having a very bad day. I have to tell you the only complaint I have on this hotel is that the internet did not hardly work, but I really didn't care. The views were beautiful, and the staff was great!! Also the rooms were super clean and very nice. I am actually looking forward to staying there again, and I promise you, you will NOT regret it1! Oh and the food at the restaurant is really, really good!

Unique Quality: View great, restaurant food- great!

Directions: right next door to San Luis hotel.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Such a nice view!

We picked the Holiday Inn for its location and price and weren't disappointed at all. Watching the sun rise over the gulf of Mexico while drinking coffee out on the balcony is one of my favorite memories of our short trip to Galveston! You can't walk from the Holiday Inn to the Strand but the hotel offers a shutte service. Our room was comfortable and clean and the staff was quite helpful so it was pretty good value. You can eat breakfast at the hotel's restaurant but there's also a IHOP right next door.

Unique Quality: Gotta love the view and balcony!

More about Holiday Inn Galveston On The Beach

The Most beautiful Hotels in...

by MaineGuy

The Most beautiful Hotels in The Southwest are in Dallas.Hotel row along 1-35 just north of Downtown
features the Best 4 star hotels in the country with
the Loews anatole being about the best in the city.
Also Hotels near DFW airport are fabulous and pretty
reasonable for the wallet.
anywhere between $69 and $109 per night for one room Beautiful Views of the City,Swimming pools,Outstanding restaurants in most of the Hotels.

The fact that I own my own...

by dkwalker

The fact that I own my own house is of no concern , Dallas/FT.Worth has the most hotels,motels than most anywhere in the states majority of them are nice and accessible from anywhere .

Since George W. is now in the...

by melteacher6

Since George W. is now in the White House, we have new hotels going up all over the place.
In US $, you can expect to pay anywhere from $35 to $85 per night. Out here, the wind blows and the dust can be a problem for swimmers, therefore, many of our hotels have indoor swimming pools which makes it great when you want to take a 'dip' in the dead of winter.

The best and cheaper way is...

by Katariinaw

The best and cheaper way is to stay Inns.. at least they are clean !!!!
Dont try Motels.. mostly they are dirty and disgusting and you will get a bad service! Cause mostly poor foreign people own them.
So go with Inns or hotels! The good service and comfort are guaranteed !!!

Good Value in Hankamer

by Basaic about America's Best Value Inn

This was my first experience with an America's Best Value Inn. It appeared to be a notch above a Motel 6 for about the same price. It really was a good value. I especially liked the microfridge. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning very welcome in Texas in July. The continental breakfast was okay. I may keep my eye open for these hotels during future travels. This hotel has 42 rooms loaded with premium cable channels, a coffeemaker, iron/ironing board, and a microfridge. Internet access is available. They also have a decent continental breakfast.

Waxahachie

by keeweechic about The Rogers Hotel

This hotel was built in 1912 and named after the founder of Waxahachie (Emory W Rogers). There was once two hotels on this site but both were destroyed by fires. The wet tower roof has a roof garden restaurant with a view of the city. The East tower roof was designed for sleeping tents for those preferring the outdoor environment. In the basement was a billiard room, barber shop and a swimming pool which was supplied from a nearby hot well. It has been said some of the hotel guests were Bonnie & Clyde and Frank Sinatra. Also several major league baseball teams were headquartered here for spring training. The Detroit Tigers in 1916-17, the Cincinnati Reds in 1919, the Chicago White Sox in 1921 and the Buffalo Bisons in 1948-49. The building has been used as a bank in the movie 'Places in the Heart'. After being closed for 50 years, the hotel was renovated and reconfigured. It looks like the renovating is still continuing with a gift shop and meeting rooms to be added. The site is part of the Old Chisholm Trail. Emory's restaurant is open.

In San Antonio, there are lots...

by jorgeparada

In San Antonio, there are lots of hotels of major hotel chains, the best area to stay is near the airport or in downtown
Average in hotels is 70-150 usd

Galveston Beach

by cjuliette

"Reflections"

Galveston was probaby my most favorite part of my trip to Texas - there was a different feel to it than in Houston and other places.

Here is a reflection of me and amy and the beach against the truck window.

click on the thumbnails to view a larger image.

"And by night..."

"Full White Moon"

I let the shutter go anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. This is not a sun on a hazy day, but the moon.

Lights in the distance, waves in motion, moon light bright on the ocean.

I feel phots that show motion are more real because they show time, wheras snapshot-like pictures are taken out of context, are frozen. Motion keeps life.

Galveston Beach at sunsetGalveston Beach at sunset

Galveston Beach, its seawall and tourist businessGalveston Beach, its seawall and tourist business

Lived in Galveston for 20 years - know the hidden places

by fun2sun

If you have a questions email me. I live in Austin now. Yet worked in hotels, managed hotels in Galveston for 20 years. I know the city - ask me about food, accommodations and I can tell you. Ask me where it is safe and not safe I can tell you -

You can have fun in Galveston -

Re: Lived in Galveston for 20 years - know the hidden places

by nomad7890

The best place to capture all this information is in your personal Galveston page - this way anyone can search it and read it - this post will pass. I like Kemah myself as well - but if you want to share details about Galveston, a page with tips is the way to go.

Comments