5924 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Texas, 77551, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Not what we expected

We arrived at the Hotel, and we did NOT expect first of all the location where the hotel was at. There are no rooms or should I say balconies facing the Ocean. So when it says partial view, they mean to say, you go to your balcony and stick your head around and catching a glimpse of the ocean. That was the first upsetting thing, but I would be able to deal with it. Second, was we show up and ask the front desk if at all possible, to check in early to let us know, we just wanted to p ark our car in the lot and go walk around. Then I notice that there was an out of order sign on the elevator. I asked if there were any other elevators, she tells me there is, BUT, they are all out of service and they are trying to work on it. If not I h ad to deal with it, NO I DO NOT. I was suppose to be on the 4th floor with 3 suit cases, you think I am going to walk up and down 4 flights of stairs in over 100 degree weather? NO. So, we leave and we go down several blocks and walk into a beautiful hotel that all rooms had ocean views and working elevators, and got a room there for 2 nights. I called the reservation line and spoke to them, and they were just as rude and told me I had to work with the hotel and stay there, even if elevator was not working or I would be charged. Yea well I always book with a Credit card that has no balance, I did not pay for a day, and I would not recommend t his hotel to anyone. You will regret it.

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Hidden away from the Ocean. Its looking at another building.

More about Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

Very Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member marcat

My husband and I went for a weekend getaway, and asked for the King, NO SMOKING. And that is what we got. The Room was in Excellent condition. We also were impressed with the furnished patio. The hotel was Clean, Comfortable, and the staff is very Courtious. We were very impressed, and can hardly wait to come back. Now whenever We travel we look for a Quality Inn, and hope that they match up to this one.

Great Hotel Small Price

by TripAdvisor Member Itravel4fun2

We were at the Quality Inns & Suites on Aril 23 for one night before a cruise. I had reserved 2 rooms, one king non smoking, one queen non smoking at the senior 60+ rate. There was only one king availabe at that rate ($55). The 60+ rate can't be booked online, you have to call the 800 number and ask for that rate. We checked in around 1PM and both rooms were ready. The queen room was rather small, so we opted to move to a room with 2 double beds . It happend to be a connecting room to the king which was nice. The desk clerk was very nice and happy to change the room. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were very comfortable. All rooms have a view of the water, but the best ones would be above the 2nd floor. We were on the 2nd floor at the very front and the Best Western next door did block some of the view. Breakfast was cereal, muffins, toast, fruit and hard boiled eggs. There was juice and coffie but no hot chocolate. I would definately stay at this hotel again. You could leave your car there while on the cruise, but they do not provide transportaion so you would have to take a cab. The location is good also.

Nothing wrong with this hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member ROBBINGHOOD

... for our one night stay. Pleasant staff and comfortable enough room. However, would not recommend this hotel if it's just going to be a stopover pre-cruise from Galveston Cruise Terminal. Spend a bit more and get a hotel in the centre of Galveston. If you want to spend a beach vacation in Galveston (why?) this hotel is reasonably priced and clean.

great value

by TripAdvisor Member d33j

Stayed one night before cruise. Relatively new. All rooms have view of ocean. Our room also had view of fast food restaurants but that was not a problem. Room had small refrigerator. Pool on ground level. Left car there while on cruise and was able to snag one of the covered spaces. Light breakfast also included. Can check e-mail on computer in lobby. Near Tom Thumb and Starbucks. Will stay here again. Stayed at Commodore the last 2 years but the Quality Inn is better. Rate on website (choicehotels) was cheaper than rate quoted when I called.

Great value, excellent location!

by TripAdvisor Member mmpierce

This beachfront hotel is a great find! The price was great at $90/night. The pool was clean, and the staff was very friendly. All rooms had a view of the beach. A 2 minute walk across Seawall Blvd. lands you on the beach, with lifeguard supervision for children and adults alike. The free continental breakfast was a plus, with lots of options. Overall, we couldn't have been happier. The room was clean (although we requested a non-smoking king, and could only get a smoking king), and there were plenty of towels for the shower and the pool. We would definitely stay here again- if we wanted a cheap place to sleep and enjoy the beach. There are many more luxurious (and pricey) options up the beach if relaxing in your room is what you're here for!

Clean hotel, nice stay, not perfect but overall a good deal...

by TripAdvisor Member buddhafuldreamer

We stayed for 4 nights from June 5-9. The room was nicely cleaned with no bad smells and plenty of clean towels and bath products. We were in 503 with a balcony and a nice view of the gulf. Our room was ready ahead of check in time and that was a plus. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. After checking in we went down to the pool which is located on the ground floor by the laundry and handicap parking and is indoor. The hot tub was broken and would not be fixed for our entire visit. The pool was pretty dirty, but I do understand that it is June in Galveston. I expected it to be cleaned soon. I did not see any change or cleaning done to the pool during out stay. I noticed a strange smell in the pool area, especially over the floor vents and to me it smelled somewhat like sewer gas.
This is important to note because of what happened a few days later. I was sitting in the dining area two days later whan I over heard a conversation between a guest and the manager, who were seated at the table next to me. The guest said that she had visited the pool on the day after they arrived. She noticed a strange smell and tried to ignore it and went in anyway. After returning to her room, she began to feel ill. She had a headache, and was aching all over and just felt very sick. Her friend got a thermometer and her temp was 103. She stayed in her room with this high fever and very sick for two more days before notifying the Manager. She had called her doctor and decided to return home and have an appointment with her regular doctor instead of going to the emergency clinic which was suggested by the Manager. Luckily none of us came down with anything but after the first dirty swim I did not let my kids back in that pool. The free breakfast is pretty good. Muffins, great mini bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter, fruit, cereals, danish, toast,
yogurt. Lots of good stuff and kept stocked till the end. A very nice lady who does the breakfast, really cleans the tables and keeps things neat and orderly. I do have one beef and that is about the community internet in the lobby. I went down about 11 pm to use the internet. The night clerk who looked to be about 19 was just sitting a young guy down at the computer when I got there. So I sat down to wait my turn. It soon became apparent that this guy was no guest, he was her boyfriend. Half the time he just sat in front of it talking to her. It was obvious I was waiting for it. And he kept glancing at me but talking to her and IM someone on myspace. This went on for almost an hour. Finally another guest came to wait also, she was in a hurry and in no mood so after about 15 minutes she asked how long he was going to be on. He said oh, I'm done. and he left. But he has no business being on there in the first place. The location is great, at Seawall/61st with a 24 hour McDonalds next door, Walmart right up the street and Kroger two parking lots away. Also the Best Western next door is under remodeling construction. I thought it would be bothersome but it wasent and our balcony faced it, so don't let that scare you off. Overall, it was a nice stay, great price. And only a few minor glitches. Oh yes, the washer/dryer did not work during our visit. Also the elevators are terribly slow. At least a 3-4 minute wait. On the day we checked out, I went out and pushed the button, I waited about 5 minutes and then gave up. When I did make it down to the desk, I asked if the elevator was broken. The clerk said no, it was stopped for the daily cleaning! They have to stop it for a cleaning at 10:30 am when checkout is 11:00 am? Go figure!

Very nice place for a great price

This place was perfect for our weekend trip to Galveston with my husband, and our two kids ages 5 and 2. We checked in about 8 pm, and the service was fast and friendly with no problems. I requested a room on the 5th floor because I hate having people above me, and they gladly gave us a room on the 5th floor with an ocean view. They have a nice (and free) breakfast selection and a little breakfast nook to eat. We had cereal, OJ, milk, coffee, bagels, toast and danishes. After breakfast it was straight to the beach, which is right across the street, well within walking distance even with a huge cooler, and two kids with their beach toys in tow.The room was very clean, and there were plenty of clean towels and washrags when we arrived, and then were replinished the next day. Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave, so eating was very easy. The beds were comfy, and the pillows were nice and fluffy. There is a Kroger within walking distance in case you forgot anything, and the restuarant right in front of the hotel , Tortugas, has the best margaritas and enchiladas.
The only negative point is the noise. You can here every door slam around you at all hours of the day and night. But it's a hotel, and most hotels are that way. The air conditioner provided backgorund noise which was perfect for me since I always sleep with a fan on at home. We have already decided to go back to Galveston later this month, and will definitley be staying at this hotel again.

Aside from the hotel, the beach that is right across the street has umbrella and chair rentals for $20 a day. The beach is not crowded at all right here, unlike the state park Stewart Beach just up the coast.

PS for the best deal, go to ---- to book the room. We got it for almost $350 cheaper than if we had booked with the hotel directly.

Great Value!

by TripAdvisor Member livelyfella

I just returned from a 4 day, 3 night stay at this hotel. It was a great value for the price. Our room was on the 4th floor, which is a non-smooking floor, and it had an excellent view of the ocean. It was on the side that faced the Best Western. Every room has a balcony with table and chairs included. I would stay here again.

Great Views/Could've had better customer care...

by TripAdvisor Member poetesstx

I showed up way early (based on one review I read) and was able to get nice room with a view, but they wouldn't let me move into it until 3 pm (which was fine - check in time was 4).

I messed around, came back, and as it turns out the room couldn't be moved into due to maintenance issues. So, they bumped me upstairs. Hint: if you stay at this hotel, request room 321, 421, or 521. The view is magnificent.

When I moved in, the refrigerator didn't work and the carpet by the air conditioner was soaked through with condensation run-off.

Luckily for me, the hotel had a GREAT maintenance guy (hi Tim!). He fixed it all out and I learned a lot about surfing as he worked on the a.c.

Once all that was done, I could finally catch a brief nap.

Gorgeous views of the beach. The East side of the hotel faces away from the 24-hour drive through restaurants.

Had a GREAT dinner at Tortugas (the restaurant just in front of the hotel). Went home, fell asleep...

until the staff from Tortugas got off work and decided it was a good idea to have a party with one of those throbbing sub-woofers just under the hotel windows. I called the front desk staff and was told there was only one night desk person and that there was nothing she could do. Great customer service there, folks.

Later, I thought to call back and ask if she'd mind calling the police (it'd been going on for about an hour and a half by then). She told me she didn't want to call the police. So, I stayed up watching tv til the wee hours of the morning.

The next day, I brought all this to the attention of the hotel manager. She told me that either I or the night desk clerk should've called the police. When I told her I'd asked the night person to do just that - she backtracked and said that it was probably a good idea she didn't as the Quality Inn would then be responsible. Responsible for... what? Their guests' comfort???

Thankfully, the manager of Tortugas was a bit more forthcoming and helpful and offered to have a talk with his staff about the partying.

Would I recommend the Quality Inn to folks? Ummm... hard to say. I'm from the Galveston area originally and know most of the hotels there. If a hotel has been around in Galveston for awhile - there are just problems. It goes with the humidity, salt air, and shifting sands. This hotel is no better or worse than most of the hotels in this town... but I'll probably stay somewhere else next time.

Good expereience

by TripAdvisor Member kevhk

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are angled so that you can see the sea- nice view. Very convenient location. The continental breakfast was excellent with one of the best selections I have seen for this kind of hotel. The inside pool and jacuzzi were very clean. Good to have a gym. The wireless internet is in the lobby only. For internet in the room you need a cable (they have 4-5 if you need to borrow one.) I found the staff very helpful.
We would definitely stay again as it was very good for the low price we paid.

Comments