Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

Tags

Study Abroad Budget Travel Seniors
See Amenities

Not what we expected

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 22, 2011

We arrived at the Hotel, and we did NOT expect first of all the location where the hotel was at. There are no rooms or should I say balconies facing the Ocean. So when it says partial view, they mean to say, you go to your balcony and stick your head around and catching a glimpse of the ocean. That was the first upsetting thing, but I would be able to deal with it. Second, was we show up and ask the front desk if at all possible, to check in early to let us know, we just wanted to p ark our car in the lot and go walk around. Then I notice that there was an out of order sign on the elevator. I asked if there were any other elevators, she tells me there is, BUT, they are all out of service and they are trying to work on it. If not I h ad to deal with it, NO I DO NOT. I was suppose to be on the 4th floor with 3 suit cases, you think I am going to walk up and down 4 flights of stairs in over 100 degree weather? NO. So, we leave and we go down several blocks and walk into a beautiful hotel that all rooms had ocean views and working elevators, and got a room there for 2 nights. I called the reservation line and spoke to them, and they were just as rude and told me I had to work with the hotel and stay there, even if elevator was not working or I would be charged. Yea well I always book with a Credit card that has no balance, I did not pay for a day, and I would not recommend t his hotel to anyone. You will regret it.

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Hidden away from the Ocean. Its looking at another building.

Nearby Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Galveston Travel Forum

Need advice about Galveston, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Galveston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Galveston hotel reviews