Grand Hyatt DFW Grapevine

2337 South International Parkway, P.O. Box 619045, Dallas, Texas, 75261-9045, United States
Grand Hyatt DFW
Orbitz.com amextravel.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Grand Hyatt DFW Grapevine

The Grand is beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member tomaui

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW before our flight to Hawaii. This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful amentities. From the comfortable pillow-top bed to the flat panel TV to the shower and soaking tub...it was all great! Excellent restaurant and bar made for a beautiful evening. I see that a few of the reviews seem to get the Grand Hyatt mixed up with the Hyatt Regency Hotel across the aiport. Believe me, this is the better of the two hotels and is by all means GRAND!

great rooms/food/service but not much close by

by TripAdvisor Member southamericantourist

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt DFW for three nights for a business trip in October 2006. The rooms are luxurious and simple, with comfortable beds, soft sheets, etc. The bathrooms were especially nice and spacious, and the whole place looks very new, or at least newly redecorated. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the food was tasty though portions were small for Dallas.

Only cons--it is literally embedded in terminal D of the airport, so it is a hike to find any restaurants nearby. Luckily the onsite restaurant is pretty good, with fresh food/choices. The coffee bar in the lobby was also a lifesaver for those morning when I didn't have time for a full breakfast. Othe con--it takes a while to get used to driving in/out of the city since you have to drive through the airport roads and there is a tollbooth at both the north and south entrances to the airport. Also, you have to deal with the airport traffic. Otherwise, it is a great business hotel.

Do You Want To Feel Like Your Somebody!?

by TripAdvisor Member AUTUMNSUN

Well than you must stay at this hotel. Im not joking. they are on top of everything. We stayed at this hotel prior to a flight and upon return. We called for room service, to replace a light bulb and to ask a thousand and one questions. They always called back to make sure we were satisfied. " Ms. A......., is your light changed to your satisfaction? May we help you any other way?" Even a message upon first entering our room to make sure we were happy with the room. My husband and I were joking about it . Really, it was almost comical. There is an employee in the lobby just waiting for someone with a question and he was eager to assist. When we did first arrive, we were escorted to our room and given a tour of the room and how everything worked. The rooms were great. The comfort of the beds was to die for. The bathrooms were huge. Loved the black granite. The gym was top of the line. I used the treadmill with a built in tv into the machine and the time just flew by.Free bottled water cooled in the frig available in the gym as well. They had a womans and mens locker room in the gym. Complete with showers, saunas and personal care products at no charge. (ie. razors, deoderant, toothpaste, toothbrush etc.) Really nice area. Dont worry about noise either. We did not hear planes or our neighbors for that matter as we drifted off to sleep. We had a great breakfast. It is pricey but with AAA rate, we had breakfast included.( note, if you must leave very early before the restaurant opens, they will give you a 30 dollar credit to get food from their 24hr deli to take with you.) Great deal. Drinks at the bar were good but expensive. A cadillac margarita was about $12 . iT WAS VERY GOOD THOUGH!!! We had dinner in one of the airport terminals. The hotel will give you a boarding pass to get into the terminal to eat. Be aware you will have to go through security though. The hotel is literally in one of the terminals but to get past the lobby area you do need a room key or the elavator will not work. Nice safety feature. I really feel that they would do anything possible to please their patrons at this hotel. We will not stay anywhere else when leaving from DFW airport!!!!

Definitely NOT a 5-Star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member canddmeyer

After American Airlines left us stranded at DFW, the wife and I walked to the Hyatt. We were cordially checked in and given an overnight kit which included toothpaste and a toothbrush since we had no luggage. But after reading the property description on this website, I need to let guests know that my room differed vastly from the description.

First, we were told our bed was a sofabed. OK, if that's the best the Hyatt has to offer I'll take it. It was comfortable, but it's not the pillowtop mattresses as noted in the hotel room amenities description on this site. There was also no minibar nor a safe, and only one of the bathrobes existed. The room had a bottom of the line flatscreen TV with a fair picture. Generally speaking, if you stay here you'll know what brand of TV to avoid. All the missing items I could really care less about, but since Tripadvisor has a hotel amenity link, I need to let consumers know what they might really get.

But hey, this gets better. Since our room connected to rooms on either side of us, someone gets in their room and literally plays with the connecting room deadbolt for about 10 minutes. If that isn't annoying enough shortly thereafter someone tries to cardkey into our room. Guessing they couldn't hear the TV, I looked through the peephole and sure enough an older couple was trying to get into the room they were assigned in error. I opened the door and startled them inadvertently. They showed me the room number the front desk had written down and it was ours.

The only Hyatt amenity that came in handy was room service. The beer was cold and the breakfast was hot. Fantastic. This Hyatt is not a 5-Star hotel and neither was our stay.

Loved the Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member galveston_gal

My husband and I stayed at this hotel before an early flight. We arrived at the hotel and were immediately checked in. Our room overlooked the runway behind the hotel. There was not much noise to speak of from the departing planes, and we actually enjoyed watching the takeoffs and landings of the planes.

We went up to the work out facilities and swimming pool on the roof. It was a mild evening, and we were able to enjoy the pool for a bit before it got dark. We both used the steam rooms in the work out changing rooms and really enjoyed it.

The beds are heavenly! I was not overly impressed by the flat screen TV. All in all it was a nice room and we had very prompt service for food and beverage ordered before our arrival.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Supeb business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bulgarian_travels

I only overnighted in this hotel, and I think thats what pretty much all other visitors do. Three best things about this hotel:
1. New and greatly furnished: 32in flat screen panel, great bathroom, bed, room, etc. New is always best!
2. Excellent front-desk service - extremely polite, fast and accomodating, you could see they were going out of they way.
3. It is right in terminal D, so if you are catching an early flight in the morning, there is no "travel" time to the terminal. If your flight leaves from another terminal, you only have to take the skylink and it all works pretty fast.
I dont have much more to say, but I can truly understand why this hotel is currently #1 in Dallas. Recommend wholeheartedly.
Forgot to say: I arrived around 10pm and left early morning, so there were not many flights taking off at this time, however on some occasions I could hear the planes roaring - I wonder how it is during the day?

Fancy Hotel, missing a few amenities

by TripAdvisor Member MicroMiz

When hubby and I arrived at the DFW airport on our way to a wedding in Colorado, we found all the flights to our destination had been cancelled because of a blizzard. We booked the next flight available -- which wasn't until the next afternoon. And of course we didn't have any luggage. We had a 30-hour layover.

We decided to make the best of it and and stay in the Grand Hyatt right there in Terminal D. We called the Hyatt 800 number and made reservations for that afternoon. It was a bit of a splurge, but we figured by the time we paid for cab or shuttle to go somewhere cheaper, it would add up about the same.

When we tried to check in, we found out the reservation actually had been made at the other Hyatt at the airport. We asked if we could switch the reservation. The young lady at the reception desk desk tried to talk us out of it, saying the Grand Hyatt was more expensive, etc.. I got the feeling that since we didn't have luggage and were dressed in casual travel clothing, we didn't fit with the rest of the clientele. But our credit card was as good as anyone's and finally she checked us in, giving us a discount for our AAA card. The room was about $200.00 with the discount.

The room was very nice, very large with a modern decor. But there was no coffee service. There wasn't even a pen to write with. The remote control on the flatscreen TV didn't work very well.

Since we had a lot of time to kill, we took a towncar to a local mall and did some shopping. The towncar driver said the cars were a "complimentary" service provided by the hotel and cheaper than a cab. Still it was $10 each, one way, plus tip. We paid $50 to drive to an outlet mall to get bargains! But the towncar driver was great, a good conversationalist and he picked us up promptly at the designated time.

We had a relaxing stay; a good prelude to a hectic wedding weekend.

Could be great with a bit of work

by TripAdvisor Member mlasser

Almost there. Nice hotel. Good furniture and beds. Nice bathroom amenities. Swanky lobby. OK, now the problems. Getting to the hotel by car is almost impossible. The new Hyatt checkin kiosk is to be avoided for the time being. Hyatt has no idea how to implement them. I did the web check in. Swiped my card upon arrival and the first screen requests your room number. Huh?

Second problem occured whenn at 7:30 AM the manager called to ask me if I had checked out. I informed him I had not and he started to explain I had checked out on the TV, Actually, I had not touched the hotel services section of the TV, so...No apology offering. Just "allowed" me to go back to sleep.

Decent minibar but no coffee makers in room.

Average Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member evette_eve

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt because it was conveniently located near the airport. I had a friend coming in town for a 3-day weekend. I got lost on the way to the hotel and the clerks were rude and uncaring, they kept telling me they knew where I was, but couldn’t direct me where to go. When I asked them to plug an address into one of the online maps to get directions for me, they refused. I was shocked and appalled, at the lack of customer service.
The hotel is great as far as my guest was concerned. All she had to do was go to her gate since the Hotel is located inside of the airport. The rooms were okay, at best pretty average. The bathroom, from a female's perspective was really nice, I liked the separate shower.
The maid service was terrible. The first day we didn’t need our room cleaned. The second day all they did was turn down the covers, they did not change the sheets. This was extremely disappointing. We had to call them to come back and change the sheets. We felt nickel and dimmed at every turn. They were charging 5 bucks for the water that we could have stopped at a gas station and bought for less than a dollar. It is disappointing to see the hospitality industry moving towards the pay more receive less mentality.
I will not stay at the Grand Hyatt again; the service I received was sub par. I will not recommend this hotel to friends. There are other hotels just as close to the Airport that would be a better choice.

Nice addition to Terminal D

by TripAdvisor Member livewireworld

Stayed here just one night and wished we could have stayed longer. Incredible bathrooms done with black tile. Glassed in separate shower and plenty of towels. Room itself is beautiful, too with lots of modern touches. Large enough to fit the 2 beds, sofa, and glass desk so large two can work at it. Beds very comfortable and soundproofing excellent. No problems with temperature controls. Only one person at check-in, but went pretty smoothly. Hotel is right in Terminal D, but is convenient by train or shuttle bus to the other terminals or the parking lot across the street.

Only complaint I have is that the room service food quality was inconsistent. All-in-all a great stay. I shall return!

Comments